jjeez

Is 3rd person really going away?

Just leave it as it is now, with the admins choosing so some servers provide this and others dont.

You people buy a mil-sim and complain about first person.

I should also mention most of you issues with first person can be fixed in minutes if not seconds

Said mil-sim has always had third-person.

I should also mention most of you issues with first person can be fixed in minutes if not seconds

BI built 3rd person originally because of the vehicle usage, primarilty aircraft because there was no real feasible way to "simulate" global awareness of your vehicle. That in turn translates to global awareness of your person.

Mil-sim doesnt mean restricted views, it means realistic interpretation of applied skill sets.

Just leave it as it is now' date=' with the admins choosing so some servers provide this and others dont.

[/quote']

this, if you hate people using 3rd person than stay on an expert server.

Remove third person. It has many advantages over 1st person and there are very few 1st person enforced servers. 3rd person allows you to peer around corners/over objects which you should not with your headpoint LOS. Basically WoWscrubs crutching on easy-mode mechanics like gamma "hack", when it is there everyone will use it ( or if they do not want to be disadvantaged are forced to ).

Leave it optional. Why are people concerned with how another person plays? I don't understand forced first person servers.

Let's hope it is forced off on all servers. A decent pilot/driver/soldier needs no third person. Situational awareness excuses are more tiresome than wedding speeches. Let's raise the skill standards on this game. If you don't understand forced first person then you don't understand immersion, atmosphere, or this game series full stop.

Let's hope it is forced off on all servers. A decent pilot/driver/soldier needs no third person. Situational awareness excuses are more tiresome than wedding speeches. Let's raise the skill standards on this game. If you don't understand forced first person then you don't understand immersion' date=' atmosphere, or this game series full stop.

[/quote']

why do you care how i play when im on a whole-nother server......

just because that is how you like to play does not mean that is how everyone likes to play...

join an expert server if you hate other people using 3rd person, otherwise when im on a different server using 3rd person it has no affect on you.

Remove third person. It has many advantages over 1st person and there are very few 1st person enforced servers. 3rd person allows you to peer around corners/over objects which you should not with your headpoint LOS. Basically WoWscrubs crutching on easy-mode mechanics like gamma "hack"' date=' when it is there everyone will use it ( or if they do not want to be disadvantaged are forced to ).

[/quote']

Agreed, Devils castle is the prime example of this because you can stand up the top of the tower and use 3rd person to scout for incoming survivors while being completely unseen to the oblivious survivor. Snipers should not be able to lay in long grass while still having complete LOS in front of them due to 3rd person.

Remove third person. It has many advantages over 1st person and there are very few 1st person enforced servers. 3rd person allows you to peer around corners/over objects which you should not with your headpoint LOS. Basically WoWscrubs crutching on easy-mode mechanics like gamma "hack"' date=' when it is there everyone will use it ( or if they do not want to be disadvantaged are forced to ).

[/quote']

Agreed, Devils castle is the prime example of this because you can stand up the top of the tower and use 3rd person to scout for incoming survivors while being completely unseen to the oblivious survivor. Snipers should not be able to lay in long grass while still having complete LOS in front of them due to 3rd person.

then join an expert server, boom problem solved, and it doesn't adversely affect me.

[/quote']

then join an expert server, boom problem solved, and it doesn't adversely affect me.

As Zombie pointed out most the servers are 3rd person and as I'm an Aussie these numbers are even worse as our servers are always full so getting on any server is tough never mind finding a veteran server.

[/quote']

As Zombie pointed out most the servers are 3rd person and as I'm an Aussie these numbers are even worse as our servers are always full so getting on any server is tough never mind finding a veteran server.

then get better internet, or buy your own server. Its not my fault that your latency is not great due to where you live. Why should the entire game be changed to accommodate the very few amount of nz/Aussie players that hate 3rd person.

then get better internet' date=' or buy your own server. Its not my fault that your latency is not great due to where you live. Why should the entire game be changed to accommodate the very few amount of nz/Aussie players that hate 3rd person.

[/quote']

That's rather ignorant of you to suggest that my internet can resolve the issues of playing on a server half way across the world.....

I'm absolutely not suggesting the entire game should be changed to cater for the minority of Oceanic players who can't access veteran server. However you insinuated that I can just change to a veteran server and I'm giving my reasoning as to why this doesn't work for me. This is a discussion and I'm just putting my opinion forward, if the majority want 3rd person then that's what should remain.

I hope third person is here to stay. I am all for server hosts being able to choose the option for whether or not they will allow 3rd person on their server but removing it completely is not the solution. I know quite a few individuals who due to sight issues can not play a game in first person without having some kind of issue with the way they are perceiving it. Removing third person from this game would completely isolate those types of individuals.

Really though what are the arguements for having third person removed? So far form what I've seen most of what I have seen is people complaining "It's not fair! People can see around corners!" well can't you simply press enter and do it as well? It is not an unfair advantage if it is enabled for everyone and if you really prefer to play in a first person only server than more power to you, but you should not force everyone else to do the same.

Personally I find third person alot more cinematic and less clunky than first person it really makes the DayZ moments seem more epic and allows for an easier video-recording/screenshot taking experience.

BI built 3rd person originally because of the vehicle usage' date=' primarilty aircraft because there was no real feasible way to "simulate" global awareness of your vehicle. That in turn translates to global awareness of your person.

Mil-sim doesnt mean restricted views, it means realistic interpretation of applied skill sets.

[/quote']

I must have missed where I mentioned vehicles.

Everyone cries realism until something unrealistic gets taken away. Sure.

Oh hell noes, I can't play wit out my 3rd person... gotta be able to get dat eagle eye view from teh hilltop in Elektro, while I wait with my sniper for nubs to get stupid at the supermarket... Pow, bish, pow pow.

Oh hell noes' date=' I can't play wit out my 3rd person... gotta be able to get dat eagle eye view from teh hilltop in Elektro, while I wait with my sniper for nubs to get stupid at the supermarket... Pow, bish, pow pow.

[/quote']

Oh hell noes, I can't play wit out my 1st person... gotta be able to get dat real life view from the ant pile while I wait with my sniper for nubs to get stupid at cherno... Pow, bish, pow pow.

if you dont want 3rd person play on a server without 3rd person with 1/50 players in it because most players fucking want it

dont force others to play the way you want to or the games growth will be damaged

if you dont want 3rd person play on a server without 3rd person with 1/50 players in it because most players fucking want it

dont force others to play the way you want to or the games growth will be damaged

I'm not sure Rocket entirely cares about the growth of DayZ, at least not to the extent where he would stop an update to realism because people say they'll leave.

Also, it's not making people conform to how they want to play, it's making them conform to realism, which is what this mod is aiming for.

I'm not sure Rocket entirely cares about the growth of DayZ' date=' at least not to the extent where he would stop an update to realism because people say they'll leave.

Also, it's not making people conform to how they want to play, it's making them conform to realism, which is what this mod is aiming for.

[/quote']

People play this game like counter strike in that they shoot you any chance they get. To me, in my opinion, it is a bigger issue than where you see from. It's like playing a zombie mod and you accidentally spawn in a CoD map. Every player shoots you. That's not how I imagine a zombie apocalypse.

Is 3rd person really going away?

Bollocks, that's torn it. How terribly, terribly boring that would be. :-/