moses0424

Walked myself to death?

So I got to play SA for the first time today. I died in the first 5 minutes :P Then I went for a little under 3 hours when I died and can't figure out why.

I started out in novy, met up with a friend in zeleno, and died at the airfield (natural causes, I had been losing color and things were blurry)

Over this time I had eaten...

1 kiwi

1 orange

1 apple (none of them rotten)

1 maybe 2 cans of sardines

1 can of pasta

1 soda
A couple (bites?) of powdered milk

drank from ponds and wells numerous times

Near vybor I started getting constant messages saying I'm exhausted, dizzy, unsteady, head is pounding etc.

This is when more and more of the food and water is eaten and it seemed to be doing nothing. I used an epi pen, antibiotics, a bandage, nothing was stopping my loss of...blood? health? I'm not sure. When we got to the airfield I fell over dead. If I had eaten anymore in the game I'd have been eating better than I do getting by in real life. Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited by moses0424

You were probably just really exhausted. Don't run around too much. It will kill you.

• Like 1

drank from ponds and wells numerous times

You might get away with dirnking from a pond once, but it's got a high chance of infecting you. So don't do it as long as you don't have a canteen and Purification pills to apply to the water first.

Yeah, it's one of the bigger issues with the current state of the Alpha (at least in my personal opinion) - it's often unclear what's killing you and what you can do to prevent it.

It doesn't help that the tiredness mechanic in particular appears to be quite badly bugged. Me and a buddy walked (well, partially walked, partially crouch-walked and partially crawled - but the key thing is that at no point did we run) from the Balota outpost to the Western edge of Cherno - barely 1.5km, and in the time it took me to get there, I was 'extremely tired' and 'feeling faint'. I stopped twice on the way to eat and drink.

In your case, it sounds like you probably got an infection from drinking non-purified water from a pond/well. When the infection sets in, I'm not entirely sure what you can do to battle it. Some have said Charcoal Tablets help, others say Antibiotics and Saline bags. It's kind of hazy at the moment, and it's one of the things I think they need to look at as a matter of priority.

• Like 2

You were probably just really exhausted. Don't run around too much. It will kill you.

hahaha

the new systemm is a joke and completely broken

if anyone defends it the well, you are a fanboy lol

• Like 1

Go ahead and make a better one. Will help more than trolling.

• Like 4

That didn't make any sense.

Could you please try again so I can understand it? 

Edited by narkoman14

I agree, this needs sorting, it's a game killer.

This happened to me today, keeled over and croaked, after food and water a few times. Too many text messages with little explanation.

• Like 2

hahaha

Seriously does it need to be said every single time,

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”
  • Like 1

hahaha

No one said it was the new system, I'm sure it won't be this way at release.

snip

Tbh this is how I like my game, not knowing how I died unless you keep track of things.

It's more fun that way C:

hahaha

....its in Alpha, things like this will be fixed and smoothed out along the way. really no sense in complaning about the game right now when everyone (or at least i thought everyone) was aware of the potential/gauranteed bugs

Tbh this is how I like my game, not knowing how I died unless you keep track of things.

It's more fun that way C:

Yeah, I think within limits, it's a much bigger challenge and potentially a lot more fun. The problem at the moment is that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to anything - I'm often thirsty mere seconds after taking a drink. I'll be tired despite expending very little energy. I think that's the thing that's going to annoy people - there's a difference between difficulty through lack of knowledge/experience and difficulty through poor implementation/sharing of information, and that's the issue here I think.

Still, Alpha. Will improve. :)

• Like 1

hahaha

Why you've to everytime say "if anyone defends x you're a fanboi lol"? People aren't defending here, they're helping each other and saying how to deal with things.