jBrick

Charging people money to help you "make" a game....

218UyQG.jpg

The "buy now" button does not possess mind controlling powers. If you bought it despite the warnings then tough shit. Complain about bugs if you want but you did not get ripped off, you knew what you were buying into.

• Like 2

Rocket:I have no idea why anyone would buy it. I wanted to call it the "I can't be trusted with this extra money so you have it" edition but this was not chosen.

That quote is in regards to the special edition.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1t13bq/rockets_explanation_of_the_survivor_edition/ce3acmv

• Like 1

I agree with the first part but not with the second part. No matter what price the game is, if it's labeled as full release v1.0 but in reality it is far from it, then it's OK to rage, accuse that the developers are lying etc.

That's kind of the point, labeling something as "early access" shields the developer from criticism. That fact FAR out weighs any few who might read the disclaimers. Just look at the results, it boosts sales to label your game as early access. All of the top sellers are in alpha stage.

You don't HAVE to give them money. Some of us, however, want to help make this game great.

This was always going to happen. For over a year now, the main topic of discussion about standalone has been "why is not out yet??". I'm probably not even exaggerating saying there's been at least one multi page topic per week with people accusing rocket and bohemia of all sort of things like deliberately delaying the release of the game to make more money and what not. They would simply refuse to believe the game wasn't ready even in it's basic form. And now that we have a functioning game, certainly lacking in features and unfinished, but with a solid foundation, people are complaining about why it has been released. Not only they did tell us the state of the game before we bought it, they also sad not to buy it if we can't handle it (seriously how many devs do exactly that?). Moral of the story is, you can never please everyone no matter what you do. The funny thing is that there are many people who both criticized the game not coming out and are now doing the same about the game being released. Personally, I have no problem with the state of the game considering how it was presented to me before I bought it. I did expect it to be closer to $20 but I still bought it and that's my choice.

• Like 2

The "buy now" button does not possess mind controlling powers.

So? We're talking about the message Bohemia is sending to their customer, not magic and mind controlling. The message Bohemia has sent is "BUY NOW", loud and clear.

I can not rationalize or extrapolate the reasoning behind the marketing of the game which was likely left up to BI and not directly influenced by rocket himself. I can only state what rocket has said directly concerning the pricing.

So? We're talking about the message Bohemia is sending to their customer, not magic and mind controlling. The message Bohemia has sent is "BUY NOW", loud and clear.

So if Bohemia put up a message saying "jump into a raging fire now!" in all caps then people will?

I am going to say something simple that should be read by all those who think paying for this is no worth it...

DO NOT BUY IT THEN.  It's simple :)

Paying for this game now does 2 things.

1) Pays the developers to get the job done more effectively

2) Protects a small community from people having multiple accounts for troll.

Saving this image now in case of backpedaling.

You should save this one too, it's better than the manipulated one. Unless of course, you prefer a to view reality through MSPaint.

I agree with the first part but not with the second part. No matter what price the game is, if it's labeled as full release v1.0 but in reality it is far from it, then it's OK to rage, accuse that the developers are lying etc.

You combined three screenshots as it would look like they just want people buy it. Let me show you the real screen. So please stop your pathetic trolling.

TuZpiNp.jpg

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 2

So if Bohemia put up a message saying "jump into a raging fire now!" in all caps then people will?

That's a facile analogy. By that logic nothing Bohemia says matters as long as they also said something sensible somewhere else. So far your examples are "mind control" and "jump into a raging fire".

They hyped the game, put out trailers, partnered with live streams, sold collector's editions, etc. They technically warned the game would be buggy but it's a minor point.

Oh hey look at the description of that video!

WARNING: THE GAME IS IN ALPHA AND IS SUBJECT TO A GREAT DEAL OF CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THE GAME UNLESS YOU YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE READ THE STORE PAGE CAREFULLY AND CHECK REVIEWS AND GAMEPLAY STREAMS BEFORE DECIDING TO PURCHASE.

• Like 1

It was uploaded the same minute the game was made available for sale. Such hype!

Also what streams have they partnered with? You seem to be such a seeker of truth so I'm sure you wouldn't mind linking me some more sources. Please keep screenshots unedited this time.

Oh hey look at the description of that video!

WARNING: THE GAME IS IN ALPHA AND IS SUBJECT TO A GREAT DEAL OF CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THE GAME UNLESS YOU YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE READ THE STORE PAGE CAREFULLY AND CHECK REVIEWS AND GAMEPLAY STREAMS BEFORE DECIDING TO PURCHASE.

kkvUhf9.png

:thumbsup:

funny any negative comments about the game here get deleted

Only the ones that aren't really helpful in a discussion, because it has been stated, that it's in alpha and bugs are to be expected. If you can't deal with it and keep derailing the topic?

• Like 1

You get a feeling these are the same people who order a hot coffee and then complain about getting burned.

• Like 2

wtf, should they have put "don't buy it now" on the link on the official site, for people who... want to buy it? That's ridiculous.

Well, that's kind of beside the point when the infamous "WARNING: IT DOESN'T WORK" is no where to be found on the front page.

Well, that's kind of beside the point when the infamous "WARNING: IT DOESN'T WORK" is no where to be found on the front page.

dayz_zps16910308.png

Should've gone to specsavers.