OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

No offence, but when you order something like a new computer, one would think you look up the specs before you actually order it.

Sorry to say but that system isnt going to run any newer game properly. You should be able to loot stuff and open doors, and run forward!

Well, I had to get it for college because it came with a free tablet. Literally what it says are the specs. 

Also my friend wants to know if his computer can it, he basically has the same one. the Inspiron 15 5000 non touch laptop is 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor Windows 8.1 Intel® HD Graphics 4400 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768) 8GB RAM 8GB 2 DIMM (2x4GB) DDR3L 1600Mhz 1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive

Edited by PrincessTabitha123

Also my friend wants to know if his computer can it, he basically has the same one. the Inspiron 15 5000 non touch laptop is 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor Windows 8.1 Intel® HD Graphics 4400 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768) 8GB RAM 8GB 2 DIMM (2x4GB) DDR3L 1600Mhz 1TB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive

Okay let's clear this up. I ran some benchmarks on an integrated HD 4000 graphics card which is quite simular to the card in those laptops, though the HD 4400 is about 20% faster.

This was my test system:

bjU3Uch.png

These were my settings:

r27sllf.jpg

I got the following results running 5 to 6 minute tests in different areas..

Benchmark in large town: 19 fps average

wRdWI1A.png

Benchmark in smaller town: 19 fps average

EbAeWQR.png

Benchmark in forest: 17 fps average

1HURK7x.png

I expect you to get simular results to this, give or take a few fps given that your cpu is slower but your gpu is slightly faster, so you're looking at a 15-20 fps average at best on low-normal settings. Up to you to decide wether the game will be playable or not.

Edited by Salva

Okay let's clear this up. I ran some benchmarks on an integrated HD 4000 graphics card which is quite simular to the card in those laptops, though the HD 4400 is about 20% faster.

This was my test system:

bjU3Uch.png

These were my settings:

r27sllf.jpg

I got the following results running 5 to 6 minute tests in different areas..

Benchmark in large town: 19 fps average

wRdWI1A.png

Benchmark in smaller town: 19 fps average

EbAeWQR.png

Benchmark in forest: 17 fps average

1HURK7x.png

I expect you to get simular results to this, give or take a few fps given that your cpu is slower but your gpu is slightly faster, so you're looking at a 15-20 fps average at best on low-normal settings. Up to you to decide wether the game will be playable or not.

Will it lag? all I care about is lagging.

I gave you the answer to that. You will probably get around 15 fps on average, if you're lucky a bit more depending on the area. You actually want to get around 30 fps for fairly smooth gameplay, and you will get about half of that. So yes, it will lag.

Will it lag? all I care about is lagging.

You're looking at 15-20 FPS in 1280x720 resolution, which is just about playable but will be choppy at times.

Don't expect a miracle but you should be able to play the game on low settings.

I downloaded it and see what you mean. I would like to be able to up the settings. What can I purchase to make it so it can run on normal at least? I do not know a whole lot about computers. 

I downloaded it and see what you mean. I would like to be able to up the settings. What can I purchase to make it so it can run on normal at least? I do not know a whole lot about computers. 

Invest in a better graphics card like an R7 260X or GTX 750ti. Be aware that buying more powerful cards requires a more powerful power supply unit for your system, although these two examples should run on most standard power supplies (1x6 pin connector required for the 260X though). Buying either of these cards (or something equivalent/better) should prolong the lifespan of your system when it comes to gaming..

Hi just building a machine to play dayz. Could anyone give some feedback on which build would suit dayz the best.

Do I go with better CPU or better GPU? Here are two builds I am looking at , which would be best for dayz ?

Thanks

These are the 2 builds I had in mind.

I5 4690k

Asus z97m-plus

G-skill 8g(2x4)f3-2400c10d-8gtx

Asus r9 280x direct cu 2

Samsung 120g ssd 840 evo

Seagate 2tb barracuda

Samsung sh-224 24xdvd-rw

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo

Antec hcg-620m high current gamer

Antec eleven hundred

Windows 8.1 64bit

Or

I5 4590

Asrock h97m- pro4

G skill rip jaws 8g (2x4) f3 12800 CL9D-8

Asus r9 290 direct cu 2

Samsung 840 evo 120g

Seagate 2tb barracuda

Samsung sh-224 24xdvd-rw

Antec eleven hundred

Antec hcg-620m high current gamer

Windows 8.1 64bit

I was unsure if I o/c CPU with a lesser gpu or standard CPU with a better gpu.

Thanks

Minion Ultra

AMD Quad Core CPU

Geforce GTX 760 Graphics

Play Games at Ultra Graphics

Case - Minion Case Glacial Blue

Custom Airbrush Logos & Emblems - None

Custom Airbrushed Gamertags - None

Internal Lighting - None

AMD Processor - AMD Athlon x4 760K 3.8GHz (Quad Core)

CPU Cooling - Standard Heatsink

AMD Motherboard - FM2 Chipset Motherboard

Memory - 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz

Primary Hard Drive - 2TB 7200 RPM

Secondary Hard Drive - None

Optical Drive - DVD Writer

Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB

Power Supply - 600 Watt Power Supply

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Networking - Standard Onboard Ethernet (No Wifi)

PC Games - None

Monitor - Acer 21.5'' 1920 x 1080 LCD Monitor

Second Monitor - None

Mouse - RAZER DeathAdder Precision Optical Gaming Mouse

Keyboard - Razer Deathstalker Essential Gaming Keyboard

Speakers & Headsets - None

Packaging - [FREE] Advanced Packaging System - Custom foam to protect and secure internal components from shipping abuse

Technical Support - Life-time U.S. Based Technical Support

Rush Service - Ships In 10 - 15 Business Days

Warranty - Standard 3 Years Parts and 3 Years Labor

Anyway I could fast acess this and go to the last page instead of keep hitting next page?

I just save the page to my reading list (ipad).Then I can come back to this page at anytime.

NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

AMD Athalon 7750 dual core

4GB ram

64 bit win 7

I have no clue about computers

I just want t have more than 15 fps (I managed 20 with tremendous graphic downgrading in the files)

I cry when I see videos of Dayz when people have high graphics and smooth preformance

I am poor no money for better computer

yet I an most of modern games normally only Dayz lags why

im sorry

Save some money over time and you can get a good pc for less money.

AMD CPU´s are not expensive.

NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

AMD Athalon 7750 dual core

4GB ram

64 bit win 7

I have no clue about computers

I just want t have more than 15 fps (I managed 20 with tremendous graphic downgrading in the files)

I cry when I see videos of Dayz when people have high graphics and smooth preformance

I am poor no money for better computer

yet I an most of modern games normally only Dayz lags why

im sorry

merging

Brand new to the game and the system I have at the moment seems to run it ok.  I haven't gotten into the cities yet, because I suck.  I have been debating on upgrading my CPU to a i7 or upgrading the GPU, can't afford to do both at the same time, which would be the better first upgrade.  I don't play a lot of games, this is mainly to play with my brother but I still don't like to waste money on the wrong upgrade path.  We will be playing the DayZ mod.  I don't keep games on the SSD and don't mind loading times unless it will significantly affect gameplay.

My system

i5 3570k 3.4 OC'ed to 4.2 watercooled

Gigabyte Z77x UP4-TH

G-Skill 16 GB DDR3 1600

Sapphire 7950 Dual X OC'ed to 1100/1450

Corsair HX850 850w PSU

1920x1200

Samsung 840 120GB SSD

I have a Eyefinity setup, but don't expect to run that for this game.  If a GPU upgrade is recommended, I don't have a preference between AMD and Nvidia.  Best bang for the buck, just don't want to spend too much.

Also, this is the system we will be building for my brother.   A i7 will be out of reach for him, is the rest of the hardware good or should some changes be made.  He will be air cooling, so only mild overclocks for him.  He lives out of state for me so I need a stable system for him since he is not real savvy.  He will also be playing mod.  I haven't done a lot of research on the motherboard, so I am open to other options.  I'm on the fence between ATX and mATX since I think we need room for expansion in the future, I doubt he will upgrade to a new system within 5 years.  He will most likely game on his tv which is only 720p, but will move to 1080p at some point when he gets a monitor.  He intends to only play DayZ as far as games for this, but I believe he will branch out to other games, definitely won't go multi-monitor though.

i5 4670k 3.4 ghz

ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer

G.Skill Ripjaw 8 GB DDR3 2133

EVGA Superclocked GTX 760 1072 ( 1137 Boost ) /   6008 Memory Clock ( 1502 I assume )

Corsair CX600 600w PSU

WD Black 1 TB HD  ( Considering Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB  for initial build and upgrading to a large HDD for media in the future )

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler

Windows 7

Link to the build

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19673529

Sorry for the long winded post, just wanted to give you guys as much info as possible.

Bought DayZ today and my current desktop PC does not run it, its even awful on the lowest settings which is fair enough because this desktop is years old now and I do need an upgrade so deciding to buy a new desktop PC. I dont have a big budget as i'm not long back from travelling Australia.

Would any of these be good enough to run the game for the next few years?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-018-OG&tool=3

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-020-OG&groupid=43&catid=2475

Edited by Chancer