OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

I know it's not ideal to play DayZ on a laptop. I would like the option just in case.

If I were to buy this lappie how do you think it would fare?

- Intel Core i7 processor 4700QM 2.4-3.4 Quad Cores 1600MHz FSB 6MB L3 Cache

- 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

- SanDIsk Extreme SSD 440Gig

- NVidia GeForce GT 740M 2GB With Optimus + Intel HD Graphics 4600

thoughts?

I don't get it. I would never spend this kind of money on something that I wouldn't be able to upgrade.

16Gb is completely useless in laptop and the GPU is on weak side. If the screen resolution is 1336*762 it should play alright though.

A thing to realize, unlike desktop, the max clock of 3.4Ghz will only be momentary, you won't be able to hold that clock for extended periods of time = lag spikes

~Dekstop
~Aspire M3910
~Intel® Core™ i5 CPU   
~650 @ 3.20 GHz
~8.00 GB ( Installed Memory RAM )
~ATI Radeon HD 5570
~Generic PnP Monitor
~DDR3 

Please respond to my post. I really need you guys to comment. 

It should run ok but you need to step up the graphic card to something like and at least HD7770 - 7850 or better yet 7870. Medium with some low is what I'd expect

- Desktop

- Intel Pentium E5400 @ 2.70GHz

- 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz

- 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (HD 4670)

I was told i could run it on minimum settings at 720p, is that right ? I have a 1080p monitor. 

Also can someone send me a picture showing how bad it looks at 720p on minimum settings :) ?

Thanks.

Hey!

My friends want me to play Dayz but I know if my laptop can run it smoothly.

I have a Dell Inspirion 1545 and the specs are:

Dualcore  T4500 2.30 gHz

3.1 gb RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 512 Mb RAM

Im also playing on a monitor if that does any difference with 1920x1080.

Thanks for answers!

Edited by mohax

Hey!

My friends want me to play Dayz but I know if my laptop can run it smoothly.

I have a Dell Inspirion 1545 and the specs are:

Dualcore  T4500 2.30 gHz

3.1 gb RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 512 Mb RAM

Im also playing on a monitor if that does any difference with 1920x1080.

Thanks for answers!

Sorry pal but I would be really surprised if it run even on lowest on the laptop on its own :(

@maarek321 - situation will most likely be similar.

However you may be able to play the game as long as you stay outside of towns and tweak settings 

Guys can you help me.. Im gonna do my own build and this is the spec so please can you tell me if the game will run nice on high gfx with good fps?

CPU -AMD FX 6300

GPU- AMD HD 7870 2GB OR radeon r9 270x

8GB RAM

750w psu

asrock 990fx extreme 3 mobo

p.s i currently have an asus k55vd which is

intel i5

8gb ram

geforce 610m 2gb

intel hd4000 intergrated(which runs dayz SA better than the geforce believe it or not!!)

i currently get between 20-30 fps with all rendering disabled, clouds and shadows disabled, objects very low,terrain normal, textures normal,texture filtering disabled.

Edited by g-dubmx

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: No clue (HD 24 inch TV)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 (3.40GHz)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB

RAM:* 8GB DDR3

SSD? (Yes/No) I don't know

The link to the computer I bought is here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227505

Edited by Dirtbikr98

Guys can you help me.. Im gonna do my own build and this is the spec so please can you tell me if the game will run nice on high gfx with good fps?

CPU -AMD FX 6300

GPU- AMD HD 7870 2GB OR radeon r9 270x

8GB RAM

750w psu

asrock 990fx extreme 3 mobo

p.s i currently have an asus k55vd which is

intel i5

8gb ram

geforce 610m 2gb

intel hd4000 intergrated(which runs dayz SA better than the geforce believe it or not!!)

i currently get between 20-30 fps with all rendering disabled, clouds and shadows disabled, objects very low,terrain normal, textures normal,texture filtering disabled.

I have some experience with AMD stuff and I would say you'd probably run Standalone on Medium-low settings consistently. Also you probably don't need that 750w PSU if you're building that PC yourself, unless you want room to upgrade in the future. The recommended wattage for the whole system is 500w with that GPU so you could go for lower and save some money (though i'd say give yourself some headroom).

Also I very very much doubt integrated graphics run SA better than a dedicated graphics card. I had a GTX 560 and that ran DayZ better than my laptop; which has integrated. Integrated graphics quite simply aren't made for gaming.

Hello all,

My current gaming rig:

- Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
- ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHz OC 3GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

- Asus VS247H-P 23.6-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor

- Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 VN300M1W2N  Full Tower Case

- Corsair Professional Series  AX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold
- Cooler Master V8 - CPU Cooler with 8 Heat Pipes and Mirror-Finished Base
- Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB SATA 2.5-Inch SATA III Solid State Drive (CSSD-F120GBGT-BK)

- Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Hard Drives

OS = Win 8.

I don't think I will have any issues but wanted some opinions on changing my i5 to an i7 .

edit: added additional drive info

Thanks

Edited by refnen

I have some experience with AMD stuff and I would say you'd probably run Standalone on Medium-low settings consistently. Also you probably don't need that 750w PSU if you're building that PC yourself, unless you want room to upgrade in the future. The recommended wattage for the whole system is 500w with that GPU so you could go for lower and save some money (though i'd say give yourself some headroom).

Also I very very much doubt integrated graphics run SA better than a dedicated graphics card. I had a GTX 560 and that ran DayZ better than my laptop; which has integrated. Integrated graphics quite simply aren't made for gaming.

Thanks, well reason I chose those particular GPU CPU, was because they were better than the recommended sys req. Thus build is purely for dayz sa. So to spend that to achieve a med low setting is pretty crap to be fair. And if you Google Intel hd4000 vs geforce 610m 2gb you will see it for yourself. Trust me I was devastated to discover this. And yes it works, ad I said before I get between 20-30 fps on low and disabled. So what card could I get 150 or lower which will allow me to get good fps on med high settings? Thanks for your help batman,not only cleaning the crime from Gothams streets but an ex AMD employee alsolol

Edited by g-dubmx
  • Like 1

Desktop Or Laptop:Desktop

Case:Thermaltake V9 Blac X Edition

Processor:i7-4770 3.4 GHz Clock Speed,3.9 GHz Turbo Frequency

RAM:8GB DDR3 1600 MHz

MotherBoard:Intel MotherBoard BLKDH87MC LGA1150 DDR3 1600

Hardisk:1Tb SATA

SSD:SSD3 120GB

Graphic Card:GTX 650ti 1gb

Im wondrring if i could run it.Thats the Build im planing to build.And if yes at what resolution,Quality and what average FPS I could get.I also have Windows 8 64bit.If i could get a high FPS with a new GPU and not very high price like 100 $ more then please write it in the replay.Thanks,in advanced.

Im wondrring if i could run it.Thats the Build im planing to build.And if yes at what resolution,Quality and what average FPS I could get.I also have Windows 8 64bit.If i could get a high FPS with a new GPU and not very high price like 100 $ more then please write it in the replay.Thanks,in advanced.

Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics

RAM: 4 GB

Can I run DayZ Standalone on this Laptop and how many frames per second should I expect with all the settings on LOW?

Hello all,

My current gaming rig:

- Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155

- ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

- Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7970 GHz OC 3GB DDR5 DL-DVI-I/SL-DVI-D/HDMI/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card

- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

- Asus VS247H-P 23.6-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor

- Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 VN300M1W2N  Full Tower Case

- Corsair Professional Series  AX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold

- Cooler Master V8 - CPU Cooler with 8 Heat Pipes and Mirror-Finished Base

- Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB SATA 2.5-Inch SATA III Solid State Drive (CSSD-F120GBGT-BK)

- Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Hard Drives

OS = Win 8.

I don't think I will have any issues but wanted some opinions on changing my i5 to an i7 .

edit: added additional drive info

Thanks

Should play it fine at High.

Keep the i5 and overclock it, the ArmA engine doesn't like i7s.

Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics

RAM: 4 GB

Can I run DayZ Standalone on this Laptop and how many frames per second should I expect with all the settings on LOW?

5-10 FPS won't be fun.

5-10 FPS won't be fun.

just followed the tweaking guide and i'm playing with 20-25 now and having a lot of fun. :)

dude you've posted it 3 times now, can you stop spamming? someone will answer for you when they see it.

Guys, if i buy alpha version of DayZ via Steam, do i get automaticlly full version of this game when he release?  :)

Guys, if i buy alpha version of DayZ via Steam, do i get automaticlly full version of this game when he release?  :)

Of course. Furthermore patches & updates afterwards just as well.

Looking good but you could easily get away with 4670 without losing any frame and put that cash towards GTX 650ti 1gb  something like HD 7950