OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

I can get 20-25 FPS on the mod outside of cities, which is usually where I stay.  Will the standalone give me similar, worse, or better performance?

Desktop or laptop?  Laptop with Windows 8.1 64 bit
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9900 3.06 GHz
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS 1 GB 
RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3  
SSD? (Yes/No) Yes

As of now the DayZ alpha runs about the same as the mod in terms of FPS for me and most people i asked, (although it does look better and seems more fluid) except near the new apartments north of cherno where most people experience a significant FPS drop. So expect similar FPS for now if you get anything drastically different, that would surprise me. 

Running game with 4gigs of ram ,geting another 4 will help with fps ?

RAM generally does not affect gaming performance, unless you have very little RAM ( 4GB is enough for most games) or you like to keep multiple applications running in the background and/or alt-tab often you may not see a benefit in games. However if you feel you computer is generally sluggish, getting more RAM will definitely improve responsiveness and load times.

Desktop or laptop? Laptop
Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU: Intel i-7 3630 QM 2.4 GHz
Graphics card:  GTX 660M
RAM:* 8 GB
SSD? (Yes/No) Yes

Can I run DayZ on 60+ FPS good graphics settings with this setup? 

IF u have the Asus G75VW as i guess i got.

I have Asus G75VW, only got the GTX 670M graphic card, not the 660M as u have.

I have a pretty good SSD and ram speed is 1600Mhz guess it's the same for u.

Im running the game everything from 25 to 40 fps (with 1080p) depending on where i am. In citys i have around 25-30, and in the woods or open field i got everything around 30-40... Sometimes it drops down to 26-28.

I dropped the resolution down to 1600*900, and i got like 30-50 fps with everything at low settnings.

And this is with the newest Nvidia driver.

I did play with 1080p for a couple hours, but the fps was to low, specially when in firefight.

So this is where u will be, u got the 660M so maybe a little under this.

But u need to remember, the game is poorly optimized at this point! So when the final release will come in 2014 or 2015, the game will run alot more smoother than it is doing now.

Guess 1080p will not be a problem at all wit medium/high settnings. Ofc u cant expect to run the game with SSAO at full, FSAA at full and settnings like that

This game run the same engine as Arma3, and Arma3 i run Texture, Objects, Terrain at Very high with a pretty good fps, turned off Shadows, particles at low, clouds at low, PIP disabled, HDR low, Dynamic lights Low, FSAA disabled, ATOC, PPAA and Aniso filtering disabled with 1600*900 at around 40-60 fps. jumps up and down depending on what i do. Flying a jet will lowering the fps to 35-40, but running at the ground will give me 50-60, firefight will lower it to 40-50.

If i lowering the settnings to medium/high i can use 1080p without problems and get around the same fps as i have mention over.

The best u do is to buy a desktop pc because u get som much better hardware than u get of a laptop!

Hope my English wasnt to hard to understand! ^^

-Hveding

RAM generally does not affect gaming performance, unless you have very little RAM ( 4GB is enough for most games) or you like to keep multiple applications running in the background and/or alt-tab often you may not see a benefit in games. However if you feel you computer is generally sluggish, getting more RAM will definitely improve responsiveness and load times.

Thanks man.

Game runs for me.

Not the way i'd like it to, but it does atleast run

In citys 10-25 fps

outside citys 20-50 fps

looking into the sky 110 fps

Graphics dosnt really change on it. almost the same performance with everything deactivated as i get with everything on max

Gigabyte ga-970a-ud3

Amd fx 8320 overclocked to 4.5 ghz
16 gb ddr3 1333 mhz
xfx r9 290
kingston ssdnow 128gb ssd
Seasonic m12II 750w 80+ copper psu
windows 8.1 64 bit

Desktop or laptop?: laptop

Monitor resolution:1366x768 (WXGA Wide)

CPU:AMD A10-5750M (2.5ghz with 3.5ghz turbo)

Graphics card:Radeon HD8650G/HD 8570M

RAM:* 8GB DDR3

SSD?  no

Edited by M_to_P

Desktop or laptop? Laptop

Monitor resolution:1366x768 ( Can be lowered ofc)

CPU:AMD A6-5200

Graphics card:512MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8400

RAM:*8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-10-24)

SSD? (Yes/No) Nah mate!

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1280x720

CPU: i7 920

Graphics card: gtx 9800

RAM:* 6gb (not sure about everything else, I don't have the PC yet nor did I build/buy it, my uncles old PC)

SSD? No

Hey guys I was just wondering how much FPS I would get in the DayZ Mod and Standalone Edition if I were to have the specs:

Intel Core i5-4770k Processor, GTX 660 TI Graphics Card and 8 GB RAM.

First I'd like to know what FPS I would get in and with:

1. DayZ Mod with Ultra Graphics in cities and outside the cities.

2. DayZ Mod with High Graphics in cities and outside the cities.

3. DayZ Standalone with Ultra Graphics in cities and outside the cities.

4. DayZ Standalone with High Graphics in cities and outside the cities.

I would deeply appreciate if someone knowing about this game and computers could reply, but every single reply is much appreciated!

EDIT: Sorry this is not the right form, because I made a Topic for this and I didn't know I could jsut reply here so the post got moved.

Edited by Nonapona2

Desktop

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5Ghz boost @ 3.9Ghz

Mobo: Asus Maximus Formula VI

RAM: 16Gb G.Skill Sniper Gaming Memory @ 1866

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 superclocked w/ 2Gb Vram

SSD: Yes but games are on a 1Tb westerndigital Black @ 7200RPM

PSU: EVGA 750watt Supernova 80+Gold

I know my system should be able to run this game no problem, however, with the settings on normal i get very poor frame rates. Is it possible that the alpha is just not optimized for my particular setup yet?

If anyone knows some settings i could chage to get better fps and still have the game look good please let me know. 

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: i5

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6450

RAM: 16GB

SSD? (Yes/No) No. 1TB WD Velociraptor drive.

Resolution: 1920x1200

CPU:i72600k@stock

GPU:GTX 580 1.5gb

RAM:8gb 1600mhz

SSD: yes but game is installed on a HDD

get around 25~34 no matter where i am. all settings are on highest except AA which is disabled

i see people are getting low gpu utilization on keplar cards.... mines fermi and i get 99% usage, maybe this game just doesnt like the architecture?

Edited by PandaButtonFTW

Monitor resolution: I haven't bought one yet.

CPU: AMD FX-6350 6-Core Processor

Graphics card:Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5

RAM:*Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB

SSD? (Yes/No)Yes

Must have missed your post, Update to windows 8, itll speed up your computer, and try lowering your resolution and you should be fine :)

Thanks I'll update but still though, looking at the recommended requirements for the game should I still be having THIS big of a problem with just having my current specs with vista? I lowered all the settings already, turned off mostly all programs on mac side and windows side (which didnt help at all BTW),checked drivers and as I said prior, fiddled with the launch options. Doesn't it seem that my OS isnt the only problem? With my specs+vista, shouldn't I be able to run the game fine at at least low settings and yet im struggling at very low? Or do I just know very little about how specs work?

Here's the specs ASUS U56E-BBL6 Refurbished Notebook PC - 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz, 6GB DDR3, 640GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Blue

Hey, I'm needing a desktop to run DayZ.

Full set up.  I live in Glasgow, UK and have a budget of £450 - 550 

What's out there.

Monitor resolution: 1440x900

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6ghz

Graphics card:MSI TF OC GTX 770 2gb

RAM:*Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600mhz

SSD? (Yes/No)Yes

Hi everyone,

I'd really like to buy DayZ but I don't have any knowledge in graphic cards... so I was wondering if my Geforce GT650M 2GB is enough to play without ugly graphics ?

I'm ok with all the other system requirements (i've an i7, 8GB RAM).

I really hope it could be ok with my graphic card too...

Dreamloop

I'm sure the 2Gb is not dedicated and will take it of off your RAM. That doesn't matter really though as you have enough ram.

It'll be playable just fine although the 650 is not exactly gaming graphic card

Okay cool ! Thanks a lot .. 

My CPU is : Intel® Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz  2.40GHz

I know my graphic card isn't for games, I dont really play games but I'm programming (computer sciences studies) but i really want to play this game

Edited by Dreamloop