carlj

Possible FPS Enhancer

I have fx 8120, this guide actually caused continous crashes so i removed it all

im not sure how many cores  my i5 650 @ 3.20Ghz has. Ive been told its only 3 :(

has anyone tried to force SLI with their NVIDIA control panel?

Is SLI not working or something? I haven't checked. I currently have two GTX 760s running in SLI. 

I remember reading something briefly about SLI not being supported. Is this true?

Which parameters did you use? 

-maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

I got rid of the nosplash etc as it was causing more problems than it solved. 

To be honest, I wish I'd just left everything as it was. It was running fine and looked good without any messing. 

I've been playing with the video settings, overclocking etc and it is worse than ever. 

Gah. 

Mamma needs a new graphics card. :)

Been pushing this 460 for two years. I think I bought a freak - it's run everything I have thrown at it. 

I think Planetside 2 uses the main processor though, (i7) so it's been been great with that.  

Hello Christmas! 

I've only changed the

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1

and

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty

on steam launch options.

Game loads super fast now and I have a drastic fps increase :D

Thanks man!

Guest Dwarden

one of the most important commandline param for most users will be

-nologs

beware it disables error logging into RPT logfile so use only when you don't want report anything

• Like 4

My specs:

Intel i7-3610QM Quadcore 2.30GHz

RAM 8GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 2GB

I added -maxMem=7168 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 to my launch options and experienced a mild FPS boost. (I didn't mind the loading time. I've decided not to do anything in the .cfg file as the guide above doesn't say what the values mean or what changes in game). I had the game on low resolution and details and only got 7-9 FPS in Cherno, which was awful. This change gave me an extra 5 or so.

Then I went to NVIDIA Settings and manually switched off a few things - mostly antialiasing, etc.This finally gave me the FPS boost I've been looking for. I now get 20+ in Cherno at 1920x1200 res and details on normal. I haven't been to the wilderness since I changed the options, but I imagine it will be awesome. :D

What parameters should I use for a Phenom II x4 955 (stock clock 3,2ghz), GTX285 1GB, 2x2GB corsair ddr3 1333mhz?

Thanks!

My specs:

Intel i7-3610QM Quadcore 2.30GHz

RAM 8GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 2GB

I added -maxMem=7168 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 to my launch options and experienced a mild FPS boost. (I didn't mind the loading time. I've decided not to do anything in the .cfg file as the guide above doesn't say what the values mean or what changes in game). I had the game on low resolution and details and only got 7-9 FPS in Cherno, which was awful. This change gave me an extra 5 or so.

Then I went to NVIDIA Settings and manually switched off a few things - mostly antialiasing, etc.This finally gave me the FPS boost I've been looking for. I now get 20+ in Cherno at 1920x1200 res and details on normal. I haven't been to the wilderness since I changed the options, but I imagine it will be awesome. :D

what were the other setting you had on each subscreen for video configs if you dont mind posting?

thanks

Guys if you are having trouble finding out things like the amount of cores you CPU has like spiker above I recommend getting CPU-Z.
It gives you pretty much all the information on your system.
softwares-cpuz.jpg
Here is the link for the website.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
And here is the direct download link.
ftp://ftp.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.67-setup-en.exe

When i read the title i was like: No TY, thats how i got my BattlEye ban!

BI Gave me a replacement though :)

8 Cores... I highly doubt anyone around here has a legitimate Intel 8 core CPU, but you guys just get confused cause your quadcore has hyperthreading...

Edited by MeanM16

8 Cores... I highly doubt anyone around here has a legitimate Intel 8 core CPU, but you guys just get confused cause your quadcore has hyperthreading...

Whos mentioned 8 cores?

what were the other setting you had on each subscreen for video configs if you dont mind posting?

thanks

Do you mean my NVIDIA settings or in-game settings?

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1

returns to 0 after playing

You need to check "Read-only" on the DayZ.cfg propreties.

It actually did me a lot of good, though I can't say how many FPS in difference. (Don't have a program to do so) Thanks guys. 

You forgot a few things:

1: Disable Steam community in-game, sign out of friends, etc to prevent possible bandwidth bottleneck

2: -high will run DayZ at "High" status, meaning it has a bigger priority for your CPU to update/keep track of than other programs

*2 leads to potential system instability and infrequent-though life endangering-stuttering, not worth the potential 1-2 FPS boost for most computers. Sorry for anyone that this has inconvenienced.

Edited by Applejaxc

You forgot a few things:

1: Disable Steam community in-game, sign out of friends, etc to prevent possible bandwidth bottleneck

2: -high will run DayZ at "High" status, meaning it has a bigger priority for your CPU to update/keep track of than other programs

-high can cause systeminstability, worth keeping in mind.

-high can cause systeminstability, worth keeping in mind.

Does it? That might explain why I started suffering from infrequent but annoying choppiness in ArmA 3/DayZ since I added that... I appreciate it. :)