carlj

Possible FPS Enhancer

i have done step one and two , iam very excited with the boost i got but i have 2 problems . First i have a white loggin screen which means that i cant see my character on the loggin screen at the menu but i can see the menu. That doesnt bother me so much as the second problem  which needs to be fixed asap. I cant load textures at about  200 meters away of me . The textures are blurry which means that i cant see if anyone is hidding behind a window or at the top of a tower. I was at the other side of the NW airfield from the enemy and i couldnt load the textures to see if anyone was at the control tower. I must be able too. How can i fix that?

Edited by Polyandras

i have done step one and two , iam very excited with the boost i got but i have 2 problems . First i have a white loggin screen which means that i cant see my character on the loggin screen at the menu but i can see the menu. That doesnt bother me so much as the second problem  which needs to be fixed asap. I cant load textures at about  200 meters away of me . The textures are blurry which means that i cant see if anyone is hidding behind a window or at the top of a tower. I was at the other side of the NW airfield from the enemy and i couldnt load the textures to see if anyone was at the control tower. I must be able too. How can i fix that?

Seems like you went over the top with increasing your FPS.

Try to higher the settings in your configs ( Object View distance, preferred...) and of course change them ingame till it fits.

• Like 1

Seems like you went over the top with increasing your FPS.

Try to higher the settings in your configs ( Object View distance, preferred...) and of course change them ingame till it fits.

As for the first part: No he didnt, because thats exactly what world=empty Does. It loads nothing, so your game loads faster. If thats nothing you like, simply remove world=empty.

Secondly, i have no idea what youve changed for that.

I found that disabling HDR and Bloom completely results in a significant Performance gain. Just set both values in the config files to 0.

I play windowed mode.  I believe it's right ALT + Enter for that.  I run the commandline prompts through Steam.  For my in-game video settings, I play Normal, to Very Low so I can spot people and items better.  Also helps with being in big towns that reduce FPS.  Under the video options for Antialiasing and the others below, I play Disabled and Low for HDR.  I have an i7-2600 CPU, 8Gb RAM, 1Gb ATI HD 6700 serious video card. 

How many frames per second am I hitting in Windowed Mode on my system with all those start up parameters for Steam?  In an open field, almost 100FPS, in Cherno, about 40FPS.  I can see people as far as allowed to see in the distance including zombies.  I'm also constantly adjusting my Field of View under the video options which can give or take FPS.  Other than that, it's Desync that kills me more than people. 

I also run Game Booster and with that I run ab out 39 process total. disable Desktop Composition by find the Dayz executable.  Also task manager to switch Dayz priority to Above Normal. 

Edited by Ten24-SweepNClear

For those who have had luck with increasing the CPU priority through task manager, try this:

Download PRIO, freeware that allows you to make your priority settings permanent with 1 click.

I get an extra few frames by running dayz on high. Realtime can be particularly risky , Google it before attempting.

It sounds like you may be able to specify CPU priority via launch parameters with "-high" but I haven't tested.

Ok so I have most of these tweaks going and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at righ now -- about 40-45 in wilderness and roughly 27-30 in cities. I'm always looking for any boost though so I just had a couple questions.

My rig:

AMD CPU (not home right now so I don't know the exact name).

3.3 ghz oc to 4.0 ghz

6 cores

8 gig ram

Gtx 660 ti 2gb superclocked

So what exactly determines the value for "-exthreads="?

Also I have it set to "-cpucount=6" but I read here that it only uses 2 cores so is this even doing any good?

I have my "-maxmem=8192" but I've read that the game only uses 2 gbs.

And I guess I haven't been able to edit my character from day one because I have "-world=empty".

I use razer game booster but I'm thinking of doing the affinity tweak in task manager.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hello, today I tried this guide, did everything you wrote, checked my fps with fraps. It shows maximum of 10 fps. The fps dont change with different settings, only when I change AA settings.

AA is on normal = 10fps,

AA is off I get around 12-13 fps. 

What is wrong?

My laptopt specs: 

Windows 8.1

Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor (2.4GHz-3.4GHz)

8GB DDRIII 1600

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M GDDR5 2GB

32GB mSATA SSD + 750GB 2.5" 9.5mm HDD 7200rpm

DayZ installed on SSD. Do you think this computer is not good enough? Or is there a problem with some settings?

Edited by blackeagle93

Hello, today I tried this guide, did everything you wrote, checked my fps with fraps. It shows maximum of 10 fps. The fps dont change with different settings, only when I change AA settings.

AA is on normal = 10fps,

AA is off I get around 12-13 fps. 

What is wrong?

My laptopt specs: 

Windows 8.1

8GB DDRIII 1600

DayZ installed on SSD. Do you think this computer is not good enough? Or is there a problem with some settings?

Are you sure that Dayz is runnign with the GTX and not the internal GPU?

I had the same problem. And of course AA affects the FPS as it is there to improve your visual effect.

Ok so none of these have worked for me yet to boost my fps but i only used the start up booster options so far im hoping to get some help on what numbers i should input with my specs.. these are them..

AMD Turion II P540 Dual Core

4G Ram

AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Hope this helps you help me if not tell me i can find more info to help you help me.. and thanks in advance..

I've also changed the config folders as well I'm at the point of wanting to change the startup options to the certain numbers i just need to know those numbers.. the config changes haven't helped unfortunately.. and winxp created crashing as well.. =/

o

*EDIT

Ok so i tried the lowest startup options possible with one of the previous posts it helped a lil my frames went up by maybe 5 to 8 if there is a specific number that would be better i would like to hear it and windowed mode seems to help more but we'll see once i actually start playing more.. does anyone know whether windowed mode is better or full screen at a low resolution rate? or does it depend on the computer?.. Thanks again in advance

Edited by LtwoStimerD

These settings have me very confused:  -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1023 -exThreads=7

Shouldn't the values be -maxMem=2048 -maxVRAM=1024 -exThreads=8?

Those are just examples btw as I have 16g ram, 2g GPU and an I7 quad core with 8 threads

Edited by Caboose187

First of all world=empty only makers the pc load faster up to the main menu because it doesn't load Chernarus. You can see that on the missing background. Second: that doesn't help your pc get any faster since you still need that time you saved upon connection because you didn't preload the world.

-skipintro just gives you a faster loading time but it's justseconds and doesn't boost performance.

Tweaking stuff like scene complexity only brings your overall quality down ----» Pop-ups

Everything you o is a compromise between shitty graphics and shitty fps if your system doesn't have reserves.

Don't tweak and come complaining later if you don't understand what it does.

And once again...you won't gain shit if your pc doesn't exceed the recommended requirements.

Windows 8.1

8GB DDRIII 1600

turn off antyaliasing, post processing filtering etc, i got similar laptop same gpu, ram diffrent cpu i got i5, before changes from thread ive got 20-25 fps outside and 10-15 in cities now i got 20 in cities 25-30+ outside, so it helps, but i have all shadows,clouds and all rendering options off

Edited by mpm470

I have begun doing tons of testing on my own system.  One setting at a time.
Hardware.
AMD Phenom 1100T 3.7GHz (removed overclocking for now)

16 GB DDR3 1600MHz

AMD Radeon 6970 2GB
2x OCZ Vertex 3 SSD in Raid 0

Asus 23" 1920x1080 x2 (1 for game, 1 for screen.)

My 2 test beds is.  Deep woods overlooking Berzino & in the middle of Berzino.

Using MSI Afterburner with HWiNFO to display RAM Usage, each Core Usage, GPU Usage & FPS.

at 16GB of RAM my usage never exceeds 25% ever.  Not counting the other applications/browsers i have open.

If you force DAYz to run across 2 CORES you will see a 80-90%+ Core Usage on the 2 cores.  Using Windows 8.1 Affinity to set the core usage works the Short Cut Launch doesn't appear to do much of anything.

4 Cores you will see a 50-60% Core Usage.
6 Cores you will see a 20-40% Core Usage.

GPU Usage is pretty sad.  The game never uses more than 30-40% of the GPU.
Except when you stair straight into the ground, Sky or the Ocean..  It will shoot to 90% Usage and the FPS will exceed.
I could only find 1 Setting "in game" that would create a HUGE GPU Usage.  Ambient Occlusion.  This would shoot me up to 80% usage.

Since the game overall doesn't appear to really touch the GPU usage i used AMD Catalyst Control Center to change the AA.  This improved graphics a Decent amount without phasing the FPS in game.  GPU Usage went from 30/40% to 50/60% after i finished.   24xEQ by 16xAF.

Some of the in game settings did not make much of any changes on CPU, RAM or GPU usage. But the FPS would make small changes.
Objects made small changes
Terrain did pretty much nothing as far as i could tell with FPS.

Clouds being left to Disabled or Very Low.  Anything above this starts messing with FPS.
Shadows being left Disabled or Very Low.  Anything above this starts to knock of 1-2 FPS per setting.

Rendering just turn it all OFF.  use your Nvidia or AMD control panels.
Ambiet Occlusion Enabled will MURDER your FPS in towns.  & send your GPU Usage to 80-90% instantly.

Textures  Auto or X.  Didn't seem to matter.
Texture Details.  This honestly didn't seem to really effect FPS that much or GPU Usage. Couldn't really see a difference in usage between low & High.
Texture Filtering.  This had a small/minor impact.  It appeared to effect more when you spin your character around & loading recently unseen areas for a brief moment.

I have much more testing to do and more tweaking.  As in City is down to 27fps with around 14-18fps when spinning around or cresting corners of buildings.
I plan to go in deeper with the cfg file settings some more..  Problem with tweaking these is the Spawn Timer.  Login in & out to make small changes takes time.

If anyone has some more suggestions on what to focus on more next please let me know.  I have access to 3 very different systems & am trying to find the optimal settings for them which could in turn become a befit to the community.

i have two cfg files,......

one with my username, and one arma2oa file,.....wich one or both,..?

3770k using corecount 4 still loads up main core to max then uses rest.  by setting core count to 8, it uses all 8 threads.

I noticed that aswell, I wonder what that is becuase.

You have to right click the config file and go to properties and check mark  READ ONLY.  Or else every time you start game it will overrides everything.

And for all of you that dont know this,  YOU HAVE TO set file option READ ONLY, or else when u start up game, it overrides all config settings.

I have begun doing tons of testing on my own system.  One setting at a time.

Hardware.

AMD Phenom 1100T 3.7GHz (removed overclocking for now)

16 GB DDR3 1600MHz

AMD Radeon 6970 2GB

2x OCZ Vertex 3 SSD in Raid 0

Asus 23" 1920x1080 x2 (1 for game, 1 for screen.)

My 2 test beds is.  Deep woods overlooking Berzino & in the middle of Berzino.

Using MSI Afterburner with HWiNFO to display RAM Usage, each Core Usage, GPU Usage & FPS.

at 16GB of RAM my usage never exceeds 25% ever.  Not counting the other applications/browsers i have open.

If you force DAYz to run across 2 CORES you will see a 80-90%+ Core Usage on the 2 cores.  Using Windows 8.1 Affinity to set the core usage works the Short Cut Launch doesn't appear to do much of anything.

4 Cores you will see a 50-60% Core Usage.

6 Cores you will see a 20-40% Core Usage.

GPU Usage is pretty sad.  The game never uses more than 30-40% of the GPU.

Except when you stair straight into the ground, Sky or the Ocean..  It will shoot to 90% Usage and the FPS will exceed.

I could only find 1 Setting "in game" that would create a HUGE GPU Usage.  Ambient Occlusion.  This would shoot me up to 80% usage.

Since the game overall doesn't appear to really touch the GPU usage i used AMD Catalyst Control Center to change the AA.  This improved graphics a Decent amount without phasing the FPS in game.  GPU Usage went from 30/40% to 50/60% after i finished.   24xEQ by 16xAF.

Some of the in game settings did not make much of any changes on CPU, RAM or GPU usage. But the FPS would make small changes.

Objects made small changes

Terrain did pretty much nothing as far as i could tell with FPS.

Clouds being left to Disabled or Very Low.  Anything above this starts messing with FPS.

Shadows being left Disabled or Very Low.  Anything above this starts to knock of 1-2 FPS per setting.

Rendering just turn it all OFF.  use your Nvidia or AMD control panels.

Ambiet Occlusion Enabled will MURDER your FPS in towns.  & send your GPU Usage to 80-90% instantly.

Textures  Auto or X.  Didn't seem to matter.

Texture Details.  This honestly didn't seem to really effect FPS that much or GPU Usage. Couldn't really see a difference in usage between low & High.

Texture Filtering.  This had a small/minor impact.  It appeared to effect more when you spin your character around & loading recently unseen areas for a brief moment.

I have much more testing to do and more tweaking.  As in City is down to 27fps with around 14-18fps when spinning around or cresting corners of buildings.

I plan to go in deeper with the cfg file settings some more..  Problem with tweaking these is the Spawn Timer.  Login in & out to make small changes takes time.

If anyone has some more suggestions on what to focus on more next please let me know.  I have access to 3 very different systems & am trying to find the optimal settings for them which could in turn become a befit to the community.

Its clear that your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU,  Clear case is your GPU is not at 99%.

Its clear that your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU,  Clear case is your GPU is not at 99%.

6 cores getting 20-40% utilization each while GPU gets 30-40%.. 

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=3356

Clearly not.  Its a known issue with the game optimization.

Anyone can do this test.

Install MSI Afterburner + HWiNFO : configure an in-game display of CPU,GPU,RAM, FPS.

6 cores getting 20-40% utilization each while GPU gets 30-40%.. 

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=3356

Clearly not.  Its a known issue with the game optimization.

Anyone can do this test.

Install MSI Afterburner + HWiNFO : configure an in-game display of CPU,GPU,RAM, FPS.

My 7870 is at 99% allways, and my old 3770k@4.8 12-17%.

Have never checked ram usage so i cant tell you.

And i have most settings to max, with post processing and occlusion off ass i don't like the blur it gives.

Edited by Mrshzzit

I'll try these tweaks when I get off work.

I'm currently running ~20fps with my Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 ghz, 4 GB DDR2 on a HD 5700. I finally got the OK from the wife to upgrade my vid card and ram to 16 GB just for DayZ but after reading some of these posts am confused if I shouldn't just go for newer rig. Anyone have any advice?

EDIT - rewriting

Edited by Cenobyte

This works for some (not all) ArmA3 users. Might work for DayZ as well? (Originally posted by "AndrewsUploads" on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCmSAFbB36g )

1.) Open Up Steam
2.) Go To Your Game Library
3.) Select Command From Options Below
4.) Right Click ArmA 3
5.) Click "Properties"
6.) Click "Set Launch Options"
7.) Paste Command
8.) Press "Okay"
9.) Run ArmA 3
10.) Enjoy!

For AMD CPU users:

AMD Dual Core with 4GB System Ram:
"-noSplash -cpuCount=2 -high"

AMD Quad Core with 4GB Ram:
"-noSplash -cpuCount=4 -high"

AMD Six Core with 4GB Ram:
"-noSplash -cpuCount=6 -high"

AMD Eight Core with 4GB Ram:
"-noSplash -cpuCount=8 -high"
________________________________________­______
________________________________________­______

Intel CPU:

For Hyperthreaded CPU's such as a Quad Core you will apply this:
-cpuCount=8

This will enable your Hyperthreads on your CPU so your CPU will act as an eight core when running Arma 3.

If you are running a Hyperthreaded Six Core then:
-cpuCount=12

If you are running a Hyperthreaded Eight Core or Eight Core Xeon then apply this:
-cpuCount=16

Edited by Cenobyte