Sign in to follow this  
switch296

Is duping officially allowed?

Me and my clan play on a group of servers where admins have officially condoned duping and I even know of one, maybe more than that who dupe themselves and actually have gone out of their way to offer me duped items and encourage duping to the people they play with.. their justification? It's an alpha and it doesn't matter until Rocket fixes it.

I'm not going to name names here even if I find out it isn't allowed because the admins/server group I am talking about are an awesome group of guys and I have a lot of respect for them in how they run their servers and how they act as players besides this one gripe.. but I would like to know if it's actually allowed.

Pretty big pain in the ass when we have to go up against the same group that constantly has NVG's/Thermal scopes/range finders/gps and so on every single time we fight them even if we wipe them out and take their stuff/hide their bodies in the previous fight.

So yeah once again in case the people in question read this who I am talking about, I kind of expect they will, I'm not naming names just curious to whether or not what they are doing is condoned.

• Like 1

if i were you id just take the dupe items and enjoy the ride until rocket fixes it, and i will not in under any circumstances report them because well thats being a snitch......

ive been snitched on before when i was being nice and it made me rage inside.

rocket already is fixing duping meanwhile just enjoy the group's company, its a game so just have some fun?

If your clan is LLJK, Rocket already knows about you guys. He will deal with that situation. If not, you better stop that shit before you get your ass kicked

if i were you id just take the dupe items and enjoy the ride until rocket fixes it' date=' and i will not in under any circumstances report them because well thats being a snitch......

ive been snitched on before when i was being nice and it made me rage inside.

rocket already is fixing duping meanwhile just enjoy the group's company, its a game so just have some fun?

[/quote']

Well I'm not going to take the duped items, I even feel bad after I kill these people and see their corpses.. I don't really want to loot them because I know it's just duped shit.

All the more power to them if they want to do things like that and it gives them more enjoyment from the game but that kind stops being okay in my eyes when it starts effecting other people's enjoyment of the game.

As I said, I wouldn't name names even if I was explicitly asked to by someone on here because the admins/server group I get along with really well, they are awesome guys and do heaps for the community.

Annnd it's kind of hard to enjoy their company when they hunt us with thermal scopes/nvgs in the woods when we have no fair way to fight back (Although last scrape we had with them we only lost one person while we managed to kill two of theirs, so gear isn't everything)

If your clan is LLJK' date=' Rocket already knows about you guys. He will deal with that situation. If not, you better stop that shit before you get your ass kicked

[/quote']

My clan isn't LLJK, it's TFB and we are not the ones duping, it's some of the admins/people on the servers they run which we happen to also play on.

Even if duping was condoned we would not accept duped items from these people nor would we dupe ourselves, it completely ruins the game (in our eyes)

I don't know. I wouldn't want folks duping on my server.

Not sure if I'd report it, but I'd definitely play on a different server myself, as I don't plan on duping items and wouldn't want other folks to be doing it either, and a server that embraces it so brazenly just wouldn't be compatible with me. But no biggie, I'd just play somewhere else.

You're seriously asking? No, it's not allowed, why would you think that if it needs to be "fixed"? Sounds like the people on that server just need to go play Arma2, because they apparently aren't playing for any of the reasons the rest of us are.

like jorden says rocket already knows about the situation, and lol to killing them

did they rage? i want to know the details.

I don't know. I wouldn't want folks duping on my server.

Not sure if I'd report it' date=' but I'd definitely play on a different server myself, as I don't plan on duping items and wouldn't want other folks to be doing it either, and a server that embraces it so brazenly just wouldn't be compatible with me. But no biggie, I'd just play somewhere else.

[/quote']

Believe me if we had a better choice for a server we would go with that, but the server group that condones this sort of stuff happens to be the only real capable server hosts for DayZ in our region that understands how to get vehicles and such working, warn for coming restarts, have the servers up near 24/7, etc.

We are looking into getting our own 50 slot server but even then.. it's like.. how would we stop dupers coming on to our server? There is no real way to prove it and if we banned them for it Rocket would most likely blacklist us for banning people for the wrong reason.

It's a shitty situation so I really hope duping is high on Rocket's to-do list.

I'm sorry for asking but... what exactly is duping?

Duplicating items they find, in other words cheating and ruining the game for everyone else.

• Like 1

You're seriously asking? No' date=' it's not allowed, why would you think that if it needs to be "fixed"? Sounds like the people on that server just need to go play Arma2, because they apparently aren't playing for any of the reasons the rest of us are.

[/quote']

I agree.. like if you just start duping everything the survival aspect of the game completely disappears and it becomes a game of constant PvP/Griefing other players.. that's not fun.

like jorden says rocket already knows about the situation' date=' and lol to killing them

did they rage? i want to know the details.

[/quote']

I only talked to one of them and he wasn't overly upset, mainly because he told me him and his friends would be fully equipped again in 5 minutes.. it means nothing to them.

But yeah their convoy drove past down the NW most road, the one where people hide all their vehicles around so we camped up on that road and waited about an hour for them to come back.. layed them out with DMR fire (they had a bus and a ural truck), 2 of them hopped out and killed my friend who had just logged back in to get in on the action, I sniped both of them within 10 seconds of each other and then by this point in time the bus was long gone but the ural turned back around and tried to run me over.

I ran away and survived barely, lol, then we shot the truck up some more and it drove away.. then we sat there unable to loot them (Not that we really wanted items that were blatantly duped) because they told us in teamspeak they had thermal vision and would smoke us as soon as revealed ourselves.

hahaha oh wow so they are at war with you guys and you guys are losing? rofl

We've only had one encounter which was the one I just detailed and they lost two people where we lost one.. and they had two vehicles(Which must be rather filled with bullet holes now)/twice as many people as us :P

Annnd of course there is the rangefinders/nvgs/thermal scopes they had lol

But hey if that's losing, guess we lost!

Me and my clan play on a group of servers where admins have officially condoned duping and I even know of one' date=' maybe more than that who dupe themselves and actually have gone out of their way to offer me duped items and encourage duping to the people they play with.. their justification? It's an alpha and it doesn't matter until Rocket fixes it.

I'm not going to name names here even if I find out it isn't allowed because the admins/server group I am talking about are an awesome group of guys and I have a lot of respect for them in how they run their servers and how they act as players besides this one gripe.. but I would like to know if it's actually allowed.

Pretty big pain in the ass when we have to go up against the same group that constantly has NVG's/Thermal scopes/range finders/gps and so on every single time we fight them even if we wipe them out and take their stuff/hide their bodies in the previous fight.

So yeah once again in case the people in question read this who I am talking about, I kind of expect they will, I'm not naming names just curious to whether or not what they are doing is condoned.

[/quote']

Just for the record you made a big deal about not naming the guys who dupe items... but then you turn around and tell everyone the server is in Australia, multiple details about the server, the name of your clan which almost exclusively plays on said server, and that the people duping are the server admins. I'd hate to see what would happen if you actually wanted them to get caught.

Why not just fix the bug they are exploiting? Trying to go and compile a list of duping and policing it would just turn into a shitfight and a waste of time.

Even with the cookie jar open, a well raised kid would wait for permission to grab a treat.

What was it exactly that needed fixing? Perhaps the medicine closet should be left unlocked.

So if there was an exploit that allowed them to wipe servers, they would be okay with you using it?

I mean, it is in alpha, so having to reinstall your dayz server every few hours is to be expected.

I think any exploit that is used to grief other players is one that should be avoided.

Updated by rocket about 24 hours ago

Status changed from New to Resolved

Removed 1 second delay in 1.7.2 that would theoretically allow duping of said items

No,

and as stated before it is an exploit and deeply frowned upon.

* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup

Should help to limit the cheaters, oops, exploiters!

It's funny how you dudes are trying to impress ethics and morality onto a game like DayZ, Orbital et al.

Looks like the hole is closed anyway. End of.