ZlobaRUS54

Things you want to see in SA updates first.

For me:

1. Tents! I mostly play lone wold survival, filling my tent was a fun mini-game for me. Hell, even squirrels know you must save for later.

2. Fixing the status indicators. I must agree with Dean that text style was a bad idea, IMHO they are not just bad but completely unusable atm. I mean, if you read all the

messages you can see that a deep mechanic for the effects is already in place, it's just impossible to tell at a glance how wounded/hungry/thirsty/tired you are (especially at     night       when color fade does not work).  Dean said in one of the Streams that you gotta be able to tell if you are dying of starvation or about to slip into what seems like a            

persistent  vegetative state from tiredness. I realize that HUD icons are in a way a step back to wolf3d school of interface design, but if that's what needed for a quick fix,

so be it.

3. Hunting and hunting weapons.

4. Client side performance improvement. With 3dmark score in the top 10% I get pretty bad performance.

P.S. Mod, merge this if there is already a topic like this. I didn't find it.

When this post was loading I was hoping you'd say tent's or storage items/objects! You sir deserve some beans!

Optimization. I have troubles believing that their minimum spec can handle DayZ "out of the box". 

Actually, my specs are lower than the minimum for the SA on the "can you run it" website and mine plays fine on low settings with a reasonable frame rate (better if windowed): The mod on the other hand was a nightmare on this laptop:

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.5GHz

GPU: 2GB Intel® HD Graphics w/ 128MB Dedicated Ram

And in terms of updates I'd like to see prioritised:

Stop zombies from clipping through walls, fences etc.

Fix spawn for loot, zombies and make it a bit more random for players so we don't have the clusterduck of people on the coast.

Amend accuracy for melee weapons

All in all though thanks to the team for the hard work they have put in so far, I'm enjoying the game and have witnessed less bugs than expected. I can see this keeping me out of trouble over the Christmas period and beyond! :3

1. VECHICLES, VECHICLES, VECHICLES (whatever vechicles to travel with, even at least 1).

I won't even get my friends to play this until there are at least some vechicles in this game, considering how much time goes to meeting up.

2. Stable ~100 people servers with respawning loot.

Rest of the issues other than #1, I can live with. Spending 70% time running from A to B in those like 25 hours I've already played, has made me rather wait for some kind of vechicle patch.

Edited by Vembumees

I don't die with hunger or thirst anymore so I'm quite content atm. Having camping goods would be nice to have around sometime soon!

Edited by Swordfish

Hunting! I don't care for military weapons, vehicles, base-building, etc. I really enjoyed the wilderness survival aspects of the mod. I hope the hunting, skinning, cooking, etc makes a return fairly soon. 

Tangentially related: wildlife. We needs lots more wildlife. 

Edited by Zarathustra
  • Like 2

So far I like the food and drink texts where it sais u feel Hungary or you feel thirsty. The thing needed to be fixed for me are zombies hitting you through the walls and walking through walls and also is it possible to regenerate health while your Hungary? But not as much health regeneration as being full of food. 1 shot head shots to instant death no matter what your wearing on your head nothing is bulletproof

Tweak fucking M4 damage and acuracy.. or add the AK. There were AK's in Deans dev vlogs on YouTube. Where are the AK's ???

Edited by raynor009

I'm sure this must of been reported but ive only been playing for 2 days and thought i would say something as i feel it effects looting. As ive been playing ive noticed zombies being able to see me from over 200metres away and im laying on the ground so they dont see me or hiding behind a tree i feel this is a major issue and may take longer to fix than most but it effects gameplay

Also i would like to recommend spawn areas to have an incease of basic supply's playing for 3 hours and not finding even a tin of tuna when your dying without food can be abit lame some may not share my views with this playing dayz longer than myself but its my view of an improvement

Thank you for this wondering game

Edited by krankie

Make ZOMBIES MORE CHALLENGING please!

Have you seen that "Nether" game?

Everyone is scared of mobs, doesent matter how geared they are.

And ZOMBIE RAIDS, lets say depending on number of players in the same zone at the same time.

Like they smell lots of fresh blood and gathering to have it all.

And yes, TENTS

ZOMBIES. I want to the next updates to focus on zombie AI, zombie animations, and performance optimizations to handle tons of zombies. The game name is DayZ and right now I dont see too many Z in the Day while travelling.  I think focusing on the zombies would help with the survival aspect of the game too because it will make people band together a lot more to fight off the zombies rather than KOS. 

1.) Desynch problem, can`t play at all atm so yeah thats first.^^

2.)Something against Combat logging, with respect to people having to change servers for connection reasons or similair not getting wiped by being wrongly accused of serverhopping for loot or ghosting.

3.)Fix for no-clip zombies. 

Thank You.

What the hell is with the bitching for HUD and icons..

I find it easy to work out my status and keep it in the healthy zone without some spoon fed nonsense icons cluttering up my game.

• Like 1

I get that content updates are all based on priority - so the biggest thing I'd request (and I'd probably still request it until Beta), is just smoothing out graphic performance.

Fix: zombies should actually be blocked by walls.
Nights. Fix it. At this moment, nights are just "TURN GAMMA TO THE MAX" feature. Torches are fucking beacons that goes through walls being a giant luminescent "I'M OVER HERE SHOOT ME" sign, and all you have to do is raise gamma (if you're lucky. On some PC it's still pitch fucking black) to see.

What I'd like to see in the game:

I'd like more supernatural stuff.
Despite the fact that zombies are actually ghosts at the moment, I'd like to see super rare but super scary stuff happening in Day-Z. 

Brign'em dem ghosts once in a while, scary radio signals, weird bloody cults, make Cheranus a living Hell.

I'd love to be scared shitless at the very first whisper at night in the forest or in an abandonned building. What the hell was that face? Is it looking at me? Oh god please help.

But really, make it rare, to make it gold. It doesn't even have to be lethal. And don't tell about all the events implemented. Make them cryptic.

Be that moment unique and a dare to click the log on button ever again.

Edited by ploulaf

1. Loot respawn (yeah nice we get more zombies, but without loot respawn you can hit hundreds of them with your fist)

2. Increased Players per server.

done =)

1#Door Sounds opening/closing :thumbsup:

2#Non Deadly Tasergun with 10 meters range to put people 30 seks unconcious :) :P

3#An implemented UI that is counting my kills , how long i survive, how many meters i was running, how many shoots i have fired etc etc.. :beans: .

4# Ambient sounds like gunshoots far far away or helicopter noises ... Noises from a Group of Wolfes crying to the moon  :o

5# sneaky move to ambush people.... :rolleyes: 

Sound carrying more. I think you should be able to hear gunfire from several miles off, and shouting from much farther away than you can currently. And footsteps, especially if running through a forest or on hard floors - if you want to sneak up on someone, you should have to actually creep.

Buff melee weapons. There's a certain threshold above which it doesn't really matter what you hit a human being with. Zombie or player alike, if I whack them in the head with a baseball bat or a wrench or a crowbar, they shouldn't still be standing there - even a helmet shouldn't stop them being knocked over. Axes are the only useful melee weapon at the moment - the rest of them might as well not be in the game.

Fatigue. You should not be able to sprint flat out for mile upon mile. At all. And sprinting even a short distance should require you to drink and rest immediately afterwards, or else suffer. You should not be able to jog massive distances with heavy packs on, either, without suffering big penalties. Add vehicles for people who want to get around quickly; but make fuel scarce, while the risk of accidents, inability to negotiate rough terrain and the noise and increased exposure as a target also acting as disincentives.

You shouldn't be able to sling the larger weapons over your shoulder unless you have a means to attach them (like rope): you should have to carry them in your hands.

Exposure to the elements. The next biggest concern for survivors besides finding food and water is finding shelter.  At present, clothes are useful only in terms of how many pockets they have: shoes should affect your feet and by extension your movement capacity; you should have to keep yourself warm or cool, depending on time of day; you should have to keep yourself dry. If not, you should face exhaustion and sickness. 

• Like 1

Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies Zombies oh yeah more Zombies .

Craftable bow/crossbow and arrows, working fireplace etc.

huntable animals.

and some kind of tent where i can save my stuff, later simple basebuilding but not as unrealistic as it is in Epoch. Keep it simple.

Thats all i need to get the survival feeling i want.

• Like 1

In my opinion, the current unconsciousness system breaks the game for me. When you fall unconscious, for any of the many reasons that I don't mind, it is a death sentence. To start, the average current knockout time is around 30-45 minutes. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but it is extremely unreasonable since revival is bugged

thats just dayz way of saying u play to much...take a break