Ozelot (DayZ)

The main thing that sucks right now: The FPS

Nope. it's the poor optimization of the game.

The main thing is that lowering my resolution does basically nothing for the FPS, there's a slight gain but not as much as there should be. If lowering your resolution doesn't increase fps alot, it means your GPU is not really struggling to render whatever it's dealing with. There is some other choke-point.

Ah, but you see the one thing we all have in common is the code of the game. It works better for others so.... 

That least settings and/or computer. Enjoy. 

Mine runs quite smooth on 25 frames constant... Not great but not hideous either. How much are you getting?

you call 25fps smooth? LOL

Ah, but you see the one thing we all have in common is the code of the game. It works better for others so.... 

That least settings and/or computer. Enjoy. 

Just because it works well for a tiny number of people doesn't mean the code cannot be poorly optimized.

Just because it works well for a tiny number of people doesn't mean the code cannot be poorly optimized.

Where did you get your stats from? "Hyperbole-R-Us"?

Yes the ALPHA that doesn't yet have all of it's SYSTEMS set up yet is not yet optimized graphics wise. This is a really "DUH!" moment here. What did you expect? With a few tweaks it runs fairly well for everyone I have spoken to. That is actually MORE than I expect from an early alpha release. 

Did you see Dean's comment about not buying the game yet if you can't handle it not being perfect? ... and what did you do? Who is to blame here? 

Where did you get your stats from? "Hyperbole-R-Us"?

Yes the ALPHA that doesn't yet have all of it's SYSTEMS set up yet is not yet optimized graphics wise. This is a really "DUH!" moment here. What did you expect? With a few tweaks it runs fairly well for everyone I have spoken to. That is actually MORE than I expect from an early alpha release. 

Did you see Dean's comment about not buying the game yet if you can't handle it not being perfect? ... and what did you do? Who is to blame here? 

"bawwww, it's an alpha" is the best you can respond with? jeez

I'm pointing it out because it's the most glaring issue ATM. It's something they can work on.

I CAN CRITICIZE THIS GAME ALL I WANT. We bought this game so we can play test it, so point out crappy things I shall.

Edited by Ozelot

Nope. it's the poor optimization of the game.

The main thing is that lowering my resolution does basically nothing for the FPS, there's a slight gain but not as much as there should be. If lowering your resolution doesn't increase fps alot, it means your GPU is not really struggling to render whatever it's dealing with. There is some other choke-point.

yes, low FPS have plauged dayz mod and now it carries on into the game. surprised?

just stopped by to see how many people ignored the warnings about buying the ALPHA and cry about obviously ALPHA related problems.

anyone know how many refund threads have shown up yet?

yes, low FPS have plauged dayz mod and now it carries on into the game. surprised?

Only on your servers, because you're not Administrating them properly. I have >40 FPS inside towns on my servers.

In mod it was about CPU and server bottlenecking you with AI and simulation calculations. In standalone I feel that towns aren't fully optimized for GPU and/or CPU

Edited by St. Jimmy

Idk about all you guys, but my 770 and i5-2500k gets 50fps in the forest, unfortunently it drops down to 20 in cities still :( wish the SA would use more than 50% of my gpu though, ive never seen it go above that 50% usage mark :/

"bawwww, it's an alpha" is the best you can respond with? jeez

I'm pointing it out because it's the most glaring issue ATM. It's something they can work on.

I CAN CRITICIZE THIS GAME ALL I WANT. We bought this game so we can play test it, so point out crappy things I shall.

Notice I didn't say you couldn't complain. I have said your complaint is dumb, because it is. You are complaining about a system that tends to come AFTER everything else is resolved and fixed. When the AI isn't implemented in the proper way, when the servers haven't been optimized so that the server FPS (which effects inventory and leads to things like items vanishing or players not syncing and dying because they had no idea they were hit), do you think they they really need to be focussing on the fact that YOU PERSONALLY are getting low FPS on your computer when many others are not? I would say... no, they don't care, are not going to care, and you need to suck it up like a big boy and realize that.

Graphics are cool and all, but we worry about graphical performance for individuals(see the rest of us are okay so it must be the game and not your computer) once the other systems function the way they should. After all it is pretty silly to optimize when you are going to alter the code in a week and throw most of the work on optimization out the window because the code changed.