Sign in to follow this  
carbine781 (DayZ)

Tips on getting more FPS?

Hi guys. Do any of you guys have any tips for optimizing DayZ and getting more FPS on it?

I did try going to my DayZ.cfg in my documents folder, and changing both "GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;" and "GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;" to 1. I'm pretty sure that helped quite a bit (which is weird because that trick didn't seem to help me in Arma 2 OA).

Thats being said, if anybody else has more FPS tips, please let me know :)

Thank you.

Edited by carbine781
  • Like 1

I turn down my 3D resolution to 910x512

Seems to work

i'm running a core2 quad 9550 (2.8Ghz), 8GB ddr2 ram, gtx 660 and i have very very nice frame rates at 1920 x 1080 on high settings... considering how old the cpu is.

Along with some of the other suggestions try turning down your shadows, possibly off.  I find for me that shadows suck the fps from my....laptop. Yes I know I don't have a gaming rig yet.

i'm running a core2 quad 9550 (2.8Ghz), 8GB ddr2 ram, gtx 660 and i have very very nice frame rates at 1920 x 1080 on high settings... considering how old the cpu is.

What exactly is very very nice frames?  I run a GTX 660 with an AMD FX-4100 and it bottoms out around 15 FPS, which I figured was just the lack of optimization...  Or maybe the FX bulldozers really are garbage :/ 

• Verify the game cache through Steam.

Go to your Documents and go to DayZ: Go to .cfg and change your GPU Frames to 1 and your 3D performance to about 150000

Adjust your settings to lowest and work your way up until you're satisfied depending on performance/quality.

Startup parameters seem to work as well.

Edited by TIC321

What exactly is very very nice frames?  I run a GTX 660 with an AMD FX-4100 and it bottoms out around 15 FPS, which I figured was just the lack of optimization...  Or maybe the FX bulldozers really are garbage :/ 

No, Arma is garbage.  I has trouble reading multiple cores.  AMD will dominate next gen, but not this game.

No, Arma is garbage.  I has trouble reading multiple cores.  AMD will dominate next gen, but not this game.

Wrong this game is using very little of my CPU and is now GPU heavy.

Well then, it's a good thing stand alone isn't on the Arma engine. It's not even on the Arma 2 engine!

For me, not sure of my exact FPS, as I don't have anything in game telling me what it is, but it's super smooth for me so far. Then again, I've only played in the dark, so there's no telling what the daylight will bring.

Try turning down your object detail as well as turning off postprocessing effects. Hope this helps!

Turning off post processing did the trick for me. Was even able to turn up textures all the way up afterwards. Runs and looks great now! Cheers.

the FX bulldozers really are garbage :/ 

• Like 1

i have fx-4100 with hd6770 and yeah 15 fps max 30 :(

• Like 1

Turning off post processing did the trick for me. Was even able to turn up textures all the way up afterwards. Runs and looks great now! Cheers.

I should add that I disabled clouds and shadows.

ill have to check my fps with something, but its baby smooth so its gotta be at least 35+ fps. i haven't seen any choppiness yet.

X4 Phenom 965

I still get horrible frames, no matter what I do with the settings.

So AMD's newer processors just can't run the engine well it would seem... I heard some encouraging stuff about their new FX-4300 piledriver series... might pick one up for $100 on newegg. 

Turn off Anti-Aliasing and Post Processing Affects, or turn them on low/normal, it gives me an  extra 25-30 FPS.

Turn off Anti-Aliasing and Post Processing Affects, or turn them on low/normal, it gives me an  extra 25-30 FPS.

NO! Only OFF!

ive got an i5 2500k @ 3.5ghz, 8gb ram and a AMD r290x, and im getting strange low fps unless I use low detail. I can play games like bf4 on ultra and have it smooth. any ideas? also using 144hz monitor @ 1080p