exomonkeyman

You feel thirsty... FFFFFFF

find a canteen and a water pump, I believe the water pump is always clean and unlimited

if I'm wrong I may die shortly cause I've been chugging it

Be careful because I've been unconscious for thirty minutes after doing this and going to loot a dead body in a building...

The problem with this system is that you can't even tell what the level of thirst is. "I need a drink", "I feel thirsty", "I feel like having a drink", "My mouth feels dry" etc. Which one is the worst state? When am I supposed to drink? 

The current system gives absolutely no feedback to the player and should be either fixed or changed ASAP. The same goes for hunger and fatigue, although fatigue is the worst of all of them, as there seems to be no way to recover from it. I've been sitting in a room for 15 minutes and the game keeps telling me that I'm super tired all the time. I don't want to move because I'll just go uncouncious, and as it is a permanent state it's the same as dying. I don't want to die of fatigue for the third time this morning.

Lol, I drank from the ocean. Considering it should be salt water, maybe that was a bad idea?

Idea: I would love a game guide at some point. A detailed do's and don'ts on stuff like this. Mostly because I love guides, lol. It would be great if these things were logical, so that you could easily guess (like don't drink salt-water), but a lot of the games I have played have been just the opposite, completely illogical. This game could really rock if the realism aspect was ampted up! You wouldn't need a guide either, if these things were obviously realistic. I read somewhere you can tear your shirt up to make bandages, which sounded awesome, but not sure if that was a joke :P

In order to really make sure that "I'm thirsty and I'm Hungry" messages stay away for a good time is to fill your belly up good.

I came across a well pump behind a house and drank a lot of water until i was "Well-fed" which means you dont have to eat and drink for a bit.

But here's some advice: Sprinting and Running cost hyrdation. So make sure you keep a brisk pace, not marathon running. Once you find a canteen you shouldnt have to worry too much. I havent found any water bottles, just soda and food.

Hope this helps anyone!

I think the best solution just now would be keeping the text system and HUD-free screen but adding indicators like in the mod to the Inventory screen. Then it does not effect immersion but you can still check your actual thirst to see if you REALLY need a drink, or whether it would be a luxury.

• Like 1

It definitely needs to be greatly improved or return to the HUD.

In order to really make sure that "I'm thirsty and I'm Hungry" messages stay away for a good time is to fill your belly up good.

I came across a well pump behind a house and drank a lot of water until i was "Well-fed" which means you dont have to eat and drink for a bit.

But here's some advice: Sprinting and Running cost hyrdation. So make sure you keep a brisk pace, not marathon running. Once you find a canteen you shouldnt have to worry too much. I havent found any water bottles, just soda and food.

Hope this helps anyone!

If thats the case thats ridiculous.  If your at an unlimited water pump and are thirsty should you not just drink until your well fed the first time??  I was at a water pump, drank from it 5 times.... i counted.  And within 60 seconds I was "thirsty".

Edited by JPWiser