exomonkeyman

Mouse really hard to use?

So i played the DayZ mod not long ago. But this mouse is SO hard to use. He looks up %50 faster than he looks left and right. It takes so many mouse movements to look in a 360 degrees. And i have to walk forward to look behind myself.

Is this just me not being used to the arma engine?

Edited by exomonkeyman

Hello there

No, its you needing to tweak mouse smoothing etc in your settings. We all need to do it.

Rgds

LoK

edit, also recheck your keybinds :)

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

It will take a long time for your to turn because your character needs to turn its body with proper animations. You'll see it's no problem if you try to run and turn.

also you might have a look into your mouse dpi settings if you are not fond of turning movements with your mouse.

Checking settings will be a good idea too :)

Edited by Fortune_Finder

I turned smoothing off and tweaked me mouse settings heavily. My DPI is on 3300. Just seem very hard to use at the moment.

All games feel different. If you've tweaked the settings best you can, it probably just will take some getting used to.

Yeah it's pretty awful, sometimes more clunky than in A2. Just wait them to fix it. There seems to be some animation limitations that don't let you turn or move naturally.

Yeah it's pretty awful, sometimes more clunky than in A2. Just wait them to fix it. There seems to be some animation limitations that don't let you turn or move naturally.

I think its great. Maybe there is some problem with your computer or setup?

I think its great. Maybe there is some problem with your computer or setup?

Wow, the first thing I noticed was the terrible mouse deceleration. I can spin around slowly, but if I have to jolt around quickly, the camera will barely move at all. The engine's algorithm for mouse acceleration is completely wrong.

For some reason, the x scales much slower than y, so you have to adjust the sensitivity separately.

Depends on how you look at it. I think they've got most things fairly realistic. As in turningcircle / speed and such.

They have added weight to the aiming to try and simulate real movement.

It's been like this since Arma II with the DayZ mod, but why did they fix it and remove it in Arma III's engine then?

Wow, the first thing I noticed was the terrible mouse deceleration. I can spin around slowly, but if I have to jolt around quickly, the camera will barely move at all. The engine's algorithm for mouse acceleration is completely wrong.

For some reason, the x scales much slower than y, so you have to adjust the sensitivity separately.

Same here. Sometimes it just flys left or right at times.

I have the same issue.  Vertical movement is extremely touchy.  Horizontal doesn't seem bad, but without vertical working properly I can't say for sure.  Outside the game, I have mouse acceleration disabled.  In game I've tried every combination of sensitivities and smoothness.  It may be related to ingame mouse acceleration, but I can't disable it ingame, because clicking the toggle does nothing.  Is that a known problem, or just me?