boneboys

TEMPORARY TROUBLESHOOTING TOPIC

I have an issue with the flashlight, i have gotten in equiped but somehow i cant make my character aim it, hes like holding it as if it was a weapon and he just aims with it down to the left corner of teh screen which doesnt make it really usefull

try pressing spacebar

i'm getting massive fps drops every 3 seconds no matter what settings i'm on, with a r9 280x and i5 4670k, worsens when in cities (but when standing still it's fine), my friend with his 7770 is able to run it fine

also when alt-tabbing or doing steam's shift + tab thingy it is extremely slow

edit: also direct comms STILL doesn't seem to work, it's never worked for me since i played dayz for the first time

Edited by Angryofficer

i went around teh whoole balota airfield looking for gear in each building, didnt find anything, not even zeds, did the same on 3 other servers, nothing there either except players on some of them, what i s going on??

i went around teh whoole balota airfield looking for gear in each building, didnt find anything, not even zeds, did the same on 3 other servers, nothing there either except players on some of them, what i s going on??

Loot only respawns on server restarts apparently, so if people already have looted these buildings, there will be no loot left, unless they left some items that is.

then they should implement a timer that u can check at any time to see the server restart , and it should be optimized for each server

:P

Hi I have seen a video on mouse acceleration and Fps ( Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxtCFr_bWc) on the video it tells you to edit certain files. For some reason I don't have those files but I have the folders they belong in. This was also an issue I have for arma2. Because of this issue my settings don't save. Could anyone help me?

Hi I have seen a video on mouse acceleration and Fpsrl]) on the video it tells you to edit certain files. For some reason I don't have those files but I have the folders they belong in. This was also an issue I have for arma2. Because of this issue my settings don't save. Could anyone help me?

Not sure about that, go to the folder / properties and make sure that "Read Only" is not ticked.

I have the internet tab set and have toyed with the ping up to thousands, the game is not blocked by firewall but still can't see any servers. Can anyone help or give me the remote ip to any servers please. Also, my character isn't visible from the main menu as I believe it should be. Any idea? 
Apologies if this is the wrong place for this post, please just direct me to the correct one if so. 

I have the internet tab set and have toyed with the ping up to thousands, the game is not blocked by firewall

but still can't see any servers. Can anyone help or give me the remote ip to any servers please. Also, my character isn't visible from the main menu as I believe it should be. Any idea? 

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this post, please just direct me to the correct one if so. 

Merged.

Right click on Game icon and go to Properties.

Verify your game cache.

Make sure you have not opted in for any Beta versions.

there a temp. many posts on reddit that they can't see any server files. although filters were checked and internet is selected. maybe we can sort that out.

Edited by joe_mcentire

How long are the knock-outs because every time I do pass out or get knocked out i need to press respawn ;(

My mouse is glitching. It moves, but the actual icon doesn't unless i click. Then it will update to whatever position it is at now.

^ This for me too. Any help??

+2 on this, no problem with my rig. Having to guess where mouse icon is. Info pops up when hovering over it etc. so mouse is functioning, just not showing up when moving  >:(

I need help no matter what server i try to connect to i get the error "Confirmation of changes" i have tried turning off my firewall and putting my computer in DMZ on my router. and that did nothing. I would Like to play :(

My mouse is glitching. It moves, but the actual icon doesn't unless i click. Then it will update to whatever position it is at now.

Have the same problem....

So whenever I play in fullscreen, my screen constantly flashes black and says that I need to use the correct DVI cable which came with my monitor. I do use DVI and this doesn't pop up in any other games which I play. 

I am able to play in windowed mode but I'd like to play in fullscreen really. 

Any suggestions?

Player's voices are coming over the VOIP regardless of how far away they are. I even heard one guy complain that someone was killing him, then I heard him talking all the way through his respawn so he definitely wasn't anywhere near me. And the I crashed. Another guy over at SimHQ says he had the same thing - heard someone talking he shouldn't have been able to hear, then CTD.

Yeah me to, first there was a russian voice, then i heard someone clicking his mouse and abusing his keyboard. + zed screaming this is so annoying. Double checked if somneone is near me but no.

Can't see anyone else mentioning their SLI setup only using one GPU instead of both?

No-one have this problem? :(

Crossfire with my 6870 not working just like Rossco's SLI problem. Other is idling

Edited by Warheart

My game keeps freezing like 1 minute into playing, so I am forced to shut it down via ctrl + alt + del. And when this happens it also makes my steam crash and stop responding. All of my drivers are up to date.

My game keeps freezing like 1 minute into playing, so I am forced to shut it down via ctrl + alt + del. And when this happens it also makes my steam crash and stop responding. All of my drivers are up to date.

I get something similar but it has to do with my monitor.  I get some abhorrent visual abnormality goes on with my monitor and it persists to my desktop, crashing my programs eventually.  If I screenshot and save it, it appears as my normal desktop.  Only a system restart fixes it, and I had to do that many many times during gameplay.  Drviers up to date.

Also, I am unconscious and cannot wake up.

Edited by Spacehogking

Hello, i just bought DayZ Standalone and when the downloading was complete i tried to launch it. It started updating DirectX. When it was done the game launched but immediantly i got an error saying "Not enough memory. Please delete some files" something like that. I have 800GB free on my disk...i also have a 4GB RAM and my drivers are up to date. Please help!

Hardware suggestions:

-Add support for 120/144hz monitors. ("feels" like 60hz refresh rate, not 100% sure though)

-Add support for dual-monitor (so that game is "locked" to one screen so the cursor cant leave the screen)

EDIT: temporal fix for refresh rate. Go to documents/dayz/dayz.cfg and change refresh rate from 60hz to whatever your montior has.

Edited by m.cab

Got a similar problem. My game freezes every 10-15 mins or so BUT after a minute of freezing it continous running normal. O_o Maybe its the same for you!

Do you have a monitor with a higher refresh rate then 60hz (Benq XL2420 here)?

Since last night i have not received any messages regarding thirst or hunger. Drinking or eating only gives me messages such as "You take a swig from the canteen." and no green "Your thirst has been quenched", no matter how many times i drink.

Got a similar problem. My game freezes every 10-15 mins or so BUT after a minute of freezing it continous running normal. O_o Maybe its the same for you!

Do you have a monitor with a higher refresh rate then 60hz (Benq XL2420 here)?

I've got a 60 hz BenQ G2220HD.  It worked a little bit with rockets fix, but now it's back to my first problem.... -_-

Edited by ogggrez