Bron89

Unconcious

Thats just bullshit :) I myself have no problem finding food and drink and whenever i see the message popup i always eat/drink/rest till the message are gone ..infact i usually eat/drink a little more just to be safe and still suddenly end up unconscious. Anyways its the unconsciousness itself thats fucked and needs fixed not necessarily the food, drink or rest.

Was the same for me. I had enough food to last a few days and regularly ate and drank. The only thing I did was run for near on half hour to get north, but my own body can run at the very least 1 hour without coming anywhere near unconsciousness. Maybe sync up how fit a person is in real life to their character and I'll stick around playing :)

I'm currently unconcious, its been about 45 minutes.  I really like that we have to slow down and walk everywhere, and I think its helps the immersion of the game.  I spawned in Novy (super lucky) walked to stary raided for food and drink, and walked to the NWAF.  After a small bit of running around a zombie I head into the third hanger and pass out.  No real warning other than my mouth is dry.  I had drink 2 sodas in the small amount of time in stary and figured I be ok to explore the AF without drinking.  About to give up and respawn but just chiming in with my two cents.

Please don't get rid of the need to walk everywhere.  I personally love it.

I thought SA was supposed to discourage kos? Every douche I see wants to kill immediately after your gesture and say friendly. Spend an hour to find a big town then get killed by some asshats

I have not come across this issue anymore than I read about the mechanics someone found out. Now I eat that the char is full and you dont get the propts for a while, when they come again eat some more.
Also I dont sprint everywhere, I jog. And drink much, specially when I eat some rise etc that makes you loose water from your body. Mostly eat the box and drink from the bond or well till Im not thirsty. Havent had issues at all after that, only  time I got unconscious is when I was beaten by zombies and was very low on food/thirst and was sprinting all over the place. I think its ok, just dial down  to amount you have to eat/drink and to me its fine as it is.

Edited by Zeppa

I found that I personally never wake up but I did see another player wake up from being unconscious so I'm not sure.  Maybe it just comes down to luck, whether or not you wake up?

Well how its supposed to work if you get knocked out, you are very near death,

This is where defibs or epi pens would be very useful.

Its like being dead, but not being dead. Understand?

Gives your mates a chance to revive you after whatever happened is all said and done.

Now if you are alone and drank a bunch of bleach, well that's a different story.

I am just irritated at playing for hours found my first gun last night and a payday mask was super excited had to log off to eat dinner got back on and spawned on the beach and had nothing. It's happened to me multiple times it get discouraging cause you don't wanna grind for hours just to lose your shit cause you log off for 20 mins :(

Sound like someone didn't fully read the disclaimer that was around everywhere.  It's an alpha, and there will more than likely be interruption of service, which includes having to reset the database and kill all the characters.  I am fully prepared to be naked on the coast again when I go back in today.

I thought SA was supposed to discourage kos? Every douche I see wants to kill immediately after your gesture and say friendly. Spend an hour to find a big town then get killed by some asshats

Assuming KOS would drop in SA was a bad assumption.  With geared being somewhat hard to find, it just gives people more reasons to kill.  on top of that, everyone is so use to the KoS mentality from the mod that most players brought that mentality over to SA.

I'm not actually sure but there was this one time my friend knocked me out while attacking a zombie, and it took approximately 2 minutes or so before I regained consciousness. However, for some weird reason I was sliding across the ground while prone and had to relog. I guess it depends on fitness and how you got injured?

Unconcious .. still.. 

but hey.. drink my second beer..so ..whatever ^^

dont go unconcious in real life couse there is no timer! xP

Having to eat and drink every other minute and talking to himself about hunger and thirst constantly is just insane. Further, falling unconscious so easily and for longer than a minute is game-breaking. If these are no bugs and are thought out, planned features, then we have a huge problem here!

I don't care how unrealistic it is there needs to be some sort of indicator on how long you could be waiting there for your character to wake up... someone mentioned that not everyone has hours of free time to sit there and wait for an unknown ridiculous amount of time to wake up... I was fine with the mods Sand timer graphic... or it could be something as simple as a countdown or something... anything really... and everyone just says "respawn" sure its a solution but you gotta see why people get attached to there characters and why they would be upset to let them die there on the ground without putting up a fight...

• Like 1

I don't care how unrealistic it is there needs to be some sort of indicator on how long you could be waiting there for your character to wake up... someone mentioned that not everyone has hours of free time to sit there and wait for an unknown ridiculous amount of time to wake up... I was fine with the mods Sand timer graphic... or it could be something as simple as a countdown or something... anything really... and everyone just says "respawn" sure its a solution but you gotta see why people get attached to there characters and why they would be upset to let them die there on the ground without putting up a fight...

Agreed.

Hello there

Ever been knocked out in real life? Theres no timer.  :)

Just respawn!

Never get attached to your gear.

Rgds

LoK

Well if we're going to use "real life" logic, care to explain why I have to eat every 30 seconds or else die of starvation in 10 minutes? Just saying...

Edited by Raiin
  • Like 1

Hello there

Ever been knocked out in real life? Theres no timer. :)

Just respawn!

There's not a respawn button in real life

Hi dear dev team.
I'm an old player of dayz, starting the first relase.
With happyness me and my friends bought the standalone version.
I read the answer of a dayz forum team regarding this post and I'm surpised that the answer concern "real life".
It's simple becasue in real life there is not the time, but I don't need to drink and to eat every 4 minutes.
So the question is: I'ts this a game or real life ? If is the game, the quesition of this post is correct !! if is not a game, but simulate a real life, please take in mind that I don't need to drink and to eat every 4 miuntes.
In addition, i'ts quety impossilbe to find food and water so early.
It's also true that it is a 10 single unusefull stuffs every a can of food.
This is frustating and for sure go to ruin a very original idea like dayz mod.
So, I hope that timer to drink and to eat will be prolonged ando also possibility to find food and water will be implemently.
Otherwise, Dayz less all the fashion and the real target that the initial mod had.
Pleas save this game from very hight number of players left

Edited by =AB=Teofilatto

What were you eating and drinking?

Are you telling me that eating rotten fruit and drinking anti-freeze is bad for you?

Whoops

There's not a respawn button in real life

What if you believe in reincarnation?

• Like 1

..And let me add, 
If you want to make a game similar to real life, you can't at the origin !!!
I don't meet zombies durgin my day, I don't need food and water every 4 minutes, and people don't pass trought doors and floor.
so let's start to fix the huge number of bugs of the game, and after that you may think to transform dayz in a simulating real life game.
All the anwer from dayz staff are not serious and not professional, in my opinion, becasue we can't talk of real life about a game.
All my clan are now seriously thinking to ask for refund,  

Edited by =AB=Teofilatto