Sign in to follow this  
kragz

FPS great after server restart. ~10 fps 20 minutes later

After the server restart my FPS usually starts around 25-35. While most of you may frown at such numbers but this drops dramatically to around 8-10 (in elektro) about 20-30 minutes after the restart has happened and will stay atrocious until the restart.

My question is, why is this? And any way besides upgrading I can improve? I run everything on its absolute lowest already.

After the server restart my FPS usually starts around 25-35. While most of you may frown at such numbers but this drops dramatically to around 8-10 (in elektro) about 20-30 minutes after the restart has happened and will stay atrocious until the restart.

My question is, why is this? And any way besides upgrading I can improve? I run everything on its absolute lowest already.

It really depends on what you're playing.

Are you playing DayZ? Or are you playing Epoch? If so, it doesn't surprise me.

How's the server run? Are there loads of customscripts on that server?

These are all variables that change a lot about the equation.

• Like 1

That's how all DayZ servers for me.  I think it has to do with the fact that when a server first restarts, there aren't as many people in it usually, there isn't as much stuff being processed by the server, there isn't as much stuff spawned in, and there isn't things like bodies lying around in places.

its been like this since the mod, and it carries over to stand alone...

why are you surprised?

its been like this since the mod, and it carries over to stand alone...

why are you surprised?

I haven't noticed any drop in frame rate over time in the standalone so far.

I would've preferred dayz to be on a completely new and good engine. The FPS is horrible and it makes me regret buying dayz sa right now and possibly in the future. I want my 120fps back.