Sign in to follow this  
zerodaman

DayZ SA Idea *Suspense*

It would be awesome if you could shoot inside of a car, cause thats pretty realistic. In Arma 2 DayZ you cant use your weapons inside of a car and thats pretty lame, this'll add alot more tension when giving rides to strangers! <3 That's all i have to say let me know what you guys think about this because it just seems a little off when your giving rides and cant do anything with your weapons. It'll make you rethink a whole new scenario when picking up strangers!

this idea suggest before

idea to shoot guy who drive ;)

do kidnap  :)

steal car  :D

idea for shoot from window :lol:

is great idea :thumbsup: :P

• Like 1

Been suggested a lot but it's still a good idea, drive bys would add much more.

Not really possible to shoot from or even inside the car with the DayZ engine last I heard.  At least not yet, or not in a satisfactory way anyway.  They would probably have to make the player a 'turret' in order to shoot from cars, and that would just complicate things when you think about how many weapons there are, it'd be a headache to program.

Not really possible to shoot from or even inside the car with the DayZ engine last I heard.  At least not yet, or not in a satisfactory way anyway.  They would probably have to make the player a 'turret' in order to shoot from cars, and that would just complicate things when you think about how many weapons there are, it'd be a headache to program.

I suppose in most cases you'd get players flying behind the car or something.

With a broken leg of course.

DayZ. My favorite game.

• Like 2

Well it's easier for vehicles with mounted guns on them, they have a fixed point to fire from, and for the most part a fixed damage for that vehicle.  IE a .30 or .50 cal machine gun, a tank barrel, ect.  It would more than likely be cumbersome to program a sokda to have 3-4 turrets that take the damage and RPMs of whatever weapon the player has equipped.  Not to mention the 'turret' would probably make an invisible bulletproof wall, protecting the player from a headshot.

They'ed probably be able to find a way to do it eventually, but it'd take time away from bug smashing they need to do for Alpha.

Edited by BigMike

Been suggested a lot but it's still a good idea, drive bys would add much more.

Not really.. Imagine if it was possible in the mod.

Bandit squads with Mk.40s driving around Cherno and gunning down everything and everyone they saw.

If this was to ever be implemented, I'd like to have it limited to secondary weapons only.

Bandit squads with Mk.40s driving around Cherno and gunning down everything and everyone they saw.

If this was to ever be implemented, I'd like to have it limited to secondary weapons only.

One problem with that, you mention the mod.

Alpha is meant to be more civilian weaponry.

• Like 1

Well it's easier for vehicles with mounted guns on them, they have a fixed point to fire from, and for the most part a fixed damage for that vehicle.  IE a .30 or .50 cal machine gun, a tank barrel, ect.  It would more than likely be cumbersome to program a sokda to have 3-4 turrets that take the damage and RPMs of whatever weapon the player has equipped.  Not to mention the 'turret' would probably make an invisible bulletproof wall, protecting the player from a headshot.

They'ed probably be able to find a way to do it eventually, but it'd take time away from bug smashing they need to do for Alpha.

Rocket did say he removed vehicles to completely redo them... I would be disappointed if they haven't changed anything in a ways to help this problem.

Surely it was things like this on his mind when he scrapped the vehicles altogether.

What else can you think of that is so big that vehicles are pulled from a game like dayZ?

One problem with that, you mention the mod.

Alpha is meant to be more civilian weaponry.

Oh I think it shouldn't be easy to control by any means.

Firstly you would have to be moving at a constant speed to get steady.

Then since you can't really put your weight into the shot while sitting in such a manner you also might have more recoil.

Then there's the fact that with ammo so much rarer who can afford the inaccuracy of firing from a vehicle?

I think any gun would be fine things like shotgun may be the weapon of choice seeing as how much less wasteful it might be to go full auto.

Does arma account for the velocity of the vehicle affecting the bullets ballistics like it moves with a sideways velocity equal to that of the car when leaving the barrel? that might be a further complication.

Handguns/sub machineguns only of course

If say, Rocket found whatever was blocking them from having drivebys and fixed it, I would say the Driver should not be allowed to use a weapon (except maybe a pistol, and be highly inaccurate with it).  Passengers should be hindered as well when fireing from a car, with quite a bit of sway depending on how fast the car is going.  If you can't easily manuiver the gun outside the window and aim, you shouldn't be able to use it in the car, IE no AS50s or large machien guns while doing 60KPH in a skoda.  You shouldn't be able to just 'snap back' and have a 180 firing arc.

I'd still rather see mounted weapons as opposed to drive bys.  Even if it's an AKM duck tapped to a broomstick in the back of a pickup truck or UAZ with the top down.

If say, Rocket found whatever was blocking them from having drivebys and fixed it, I would say the Driver should not be allowed to use a weapon (except maybe a pistol, and be highly inaccurate with it).  Passengers should be hindered as well when fireing from a car, with quite a bit of sway depending on how fast the car is going.  If you can't easily manuiver the gun outside the window and aim, you shouldn't be able to use it in the car, IE no AS50s or large machien guns while doing 60KPH in a skoda.  You shouldn't be able to just 'snap back' and have a 180 firing arc.

I'd still rather see mounted weapons as opposed to drive bys.  Even if it's an AKM duck tapped to a broomstick in the back of a pickup truck or UAZ with the top down.

One thing I would like to see for longer weapons is air resistance at high speeds, so the gun in pushed in the opposite direction the car is going.

This should only happen with your hand out the window, so shooting across the cabin wouldn't have that effect, unless you didn't have a front & back window.

If you have a large gun you can hit the end of the door and maybe use the lean button to kinda climb out the window and shoot overtop of the car for less control but a larger uninhibited field of fire.

At the same time, I would like to see guns doing greater/ more realistic/ a larger range of damage to vehicles.

Everything from tires being shot out, oil lines being severed, engine block damage, brake disks being cracked, brake fluid leaks, transmission, broken windscreens (with first person only driving pls) and other stuff that basically makes risking retaliation fire pretty dangerous.