OldHorse

Handcuff question?

I hope a question about SA is O.K here. I have seen a lot of vids and discussion about the use of player restraints. I'm obviously missing something. I don't understand anyone submitting to being restrained. What a crappy way to spend time in a game. Bondage? I don't think so. What purpose could this serve? Seems a little twisted to me. I think I'd rather shoot it out and risk loosing my gear. What am I missing??

Edited by OldHorse
  • Like 1

What am I missing??

A whole lot of fun :)

I've been shot at and killed for no reason. But I've never been kidnapped and would welcome the change very much. There's always a chance to survive as long as you're alive plus it gives the hero-type players someone to save :P It also gives non-violent players a chance to knock someone out, restrain them and retreat to safety.

Have you seen TWD episode where Rick runs into his old friend from the first season? He restrains him so he can try to reason with him.

Have you seen TWD episode where Rick runs into his old friend from the first season? He restrains him so he can try to reason with him.

And then Morgan stabs him with a knife.

I want this in DayZ too :D

• Like 1

Didn't he shoot a full magazine at him first?? :lol:

Well with handcuffs the ones who need reasoning/a therapy are those who want to (mis)use them in the SA... ( like cuff and log out to troll players but hopefully like every other player spawned item like a fireplace the cuffs will disappear on logout )

It's possible to squirm out of the handcuffs, so captives need to be watched at all times.

If your captor logs out or runs away, you can break out of them without a problem.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

It's possible to squirm out of the handcuffs, so captives need to be watched at all times.

If your captor logs out or runs away, you can break out of them without a problem.

They could still break your legs.

If you're opposed to being restrained, just don't let it happen to you. I doubt you'll be forced to sit still and deal with it for more than a brief period of time. I'm sure you can resist to the point where you'll either escape or get killed anyway.

Edited by Xucphra

like irl you can always choose to be taken or die i guess, with some non lethal weapon added they could be worthy. anyway i'd prefere to get cuffed than left bleeding with broken bones in petrovka.

and if you didn't get shot first you can hope to live and be released. roleplay a bit come on!

OP sounds like the sort of person that will log to prevent being handcuffed.

He's going to be that guy.

Old Horse, you're new to DayZ I think, no? For many people the Mod is about imagination as much as anything else. As has been suggested I would think having handcuffs (that you can eventually escape from) is a great aid. Think of the possibilities.

One thing that led me to DayZ in the first place was a video of a guy being held up and then kidnapped in a bus. Blew my mind I kid you not.

That's what make DayZ Dayz rather than just another excuse for a shooter :)

• Like 2

Thx for the reply's but nothing has been said so far that would convince me to submit to being restrained. I guess it will be death before capture for me. And for you guys that think being handcuffed is fun...I think there is a word for that :)

• Like 1

Thx for the reply's but nothing has been said so far that would convince me to submit to being restrained. I guess it will be death before capture for me. And for you guys that think being handcuffed is fun...I think there is a word for that :)

Guess it's not for everyone. Can I ask if you would kidnap someone else in the game? :)

Also, if I had the feeling that it might turn into an annoying ride, I will follow suit and get myself killed. However, if someone's actually roleplaying their character I'll happily follow along. I know those occasions will be rare but when it happens it'll be totally worth it.

Guess it's not for everyone. Can I ask if you would kidnap someone else in the game? :)

Also, if I had the feeling that it might turn into an annoying ride, I will follow suit and get myself killed. However, if someone's actually roleplaying their character I'll happily follow along. I know those occasions will be rare but when it happens it'll be totally worth it.

BadLuck, I don't have any interest in kidnapping. I guess for me it comes down to what's fun for me. I've seen a few videos of this type of playstyle and all I could see was a lot of foul language and yelling and people trying to control other people. This is a game? Suppossed to be fun? I guess I did understand...it's just not for me! I hope I'm never that bored. But you guys have fun. I'll be the guy running away when the handcuffs and whips come out :)
  • Like 1

Thanks, I see what you're saying and do partly agree. If people started cussing me out and did other immature things, I wouldn't be alive very long as a hostage. I'm also not the kidnapping type but I might handcuff someone that I've knocked out, wait till they recover and strike up an interrogation to see what kind of people they are and if I should let them go :P

• Like 1