Sign in to follow this  

How cod and bf4 effected dayz

How do you think cod and bf4 have effected dayz leave a reply

well dayz attracts a lot kids from Cod on shittly laptops that come and fuck up our game.

Jk sort of thats incredibly steriotypical, but i guess it still is an issue

People coming into games like dayz from a first person shooter have a diffrent mentality about games than the long time dayz players do about what the game is.

• Like 2

Might as well ask how the weather in the Czech Republic has affected DayZ.

• Like 7

well dayz attracts a lot kids from Cod on shittly laptops that come and fuck up our game.

Jk sort of thats incredibly steriotypical, but i guess it still is an issue

People coming into games like dayz from a first person shooter have a diffrent mentality about games than the long time dayz players do about what the game is.

I disagree.. I think people like to throw names at people who piss them off, and if theyve come from a bf back ground, its cod kiddies. If its arma, dayz noobs ;)  etc... but its all pure unadultereated BS. Its just people venting by stereo typing an individual with a preconcieved perception of a group... truth is they have no idea. Its just gamer rage, and you will see it in EVERY game, aimmed at who ever is pissin em off at the time.

Nothing new here, it will be in the next genereations o games too, its kinda juvenile if you ask me, its the whole im wayyy cooler than you cause i loved XXX before it was popular thing teenagers do.. its funny in hind site(we were all once teenagers, and wanting acceptance in the group), but "most" mature players will see it for what it is.

P.S. i Started(online) gaming in the mid 90s on the delta force series... that every other military shooter ripped off in subsequent years... thus i am extremely cool, and my opinion is beyond reproach B)

(had to edit in the online... o course i was lannin doom and quake on the awesoness o the ole  p100 & 133)

Edited by KingOchaos
  • Like 1

Well the Czech republic dlc has not affected dayz because out of the 3 arma2 dlc it has not hd texstures for dayz.

So that joke is very applicable to dayz

Actually I'd say that would affect it more than COD or BF since the studio is in the Czech republic.  Even if it was 'Rocket was 5 minuets late today because it was raining'

I don't think Cod and BF4 affected DayZ, but I DO think 25% or more of DayZ's player base is from COD, and BF4 hasn't been out long yet, I'd just say COD and Battlefield.  :)

I don't think Cod and BF4 affected DayZ, but I DO think 25% or more of DayZ's player base is from COD, and BF4 hasn't been out long yet, I'd just say COD and Battlefield.  :)

So how far up there did you reach to pull out that statistic?

Edited by DudeTheTree

So how far up there did you reach to pull out that statistic?

The keyword in my statement was think  :thumbsup:

I disagree.. I think people like to throw names at people who piss them off, and if theyve come from a bf back ground, its cod kiddies. If its arma, dayz noobs ;)  etc... but its all pure unadultereated BS. Its just people venting by stereo typing an individual with a preconcieved perception of a group... truth is they have no idea. Its just gamer rage, and you will see it in EVERY game, aimmed at who ever is pissin em off at the time.

Nothing new here, it will be in the next genereations o games too, its kinda juvenile if you ask me, its the whole im wayyy cooler than you cause i loved XXX before it was popular thing teenagers do.. its funny in hind site(we were all once teenagers, and wanting acceptance in the group), but "most" mature players will see it for what it is.

P.S. i Started(online) gaming in the mid 90s on the delta force series... that every other military shooter ripped off in subsequent years... thus i am extremely cool, and my opinion is beyond reproach B)

(had to edit in the online... o course i was lannin doom and quake on the awesoness o the ole  p100 & 133)

Yesss! Delta Force 2, Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament... Those were the days! :wub:

• Like 1

There was life before BF and CoD. Don't shoot the messenger

(but you will)

how about Super Mario Bros.? that's where this all started, I for one am sick of having kooper shells hurled at me every time I try to enter the damn hospital in Cherno....

no, I'm not being serious. I don't even bother with Cherno.

I think the only thing CoD/BF have to do with DayZ is giving a stereotype for KoS players in DayZ. In CoD/BF have you shoot anything that moves, so when someone does it in DayZ they get called a CoD kid/battlefag. It just means that's how they play, shooting whoever because in CoD/BF that's all you do, no such thing as making friends or doing anything constructive.

I think the only thing CoD/BF have to do with DayZ is giving a stereotype for KoS players in DayZ. In CoD/BF have you shoot anything that moves, so when someone does it in DayZ they get called a CoD kid/battlefag. It just means that's how they play, shooting whoever because in CoD/BF that's all you do, no such thing as making friends or doing anything constructive.

Its not a total corellation but there are some who come and turn dayz into a bloodbath

I myself play A LOT of bf4 and i still try to help people as much as i can

Maybe it should? In Battlefield there's more teamplay. At least there even are two teams and minor squads.

I probably repeat myself, but I'd love to see some kind of a party management system in DayZ.

Edited by Ken Bean