OldHorse

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say howdy. I have been lurking for a while and was waiting for SA but Steam had a sale,$8 bucks for Arma2 and all the mods so why wait? I'm only a few hours into Dayz and still learning the basics.  Damn...this is sure different than any game I have played, and I have played a lot.  So far I'm trying to stick with "vanilla" before I try any other severs. I'm sure I will be asking more than a few questions in the future. Be gentle...DAYZ noob here :blush:

• Like 7

Welcome to DayZ - you're going to die a lot, so just make sure you learn from each and every death - every time you die it's because you made a mistake somewhere, so try and figure out what it was and where you can do better next time - soon you'll be surviving just as well as the rest of us!

I won't inundate you with tips and pointers, because discovering them for yourself is half the joy of DayZ, but I'll leave you with my 'three B's - Be careful, be suspicious and be prepared.

Good luck out there! :)

Welcome aboard. Feel free to PM me if you need anything.

• Like 3

Welcome OldHorse, hope your surivial is going well.  You will find yourself dying a lot and not knowing where you are or what's going on, but that's one of the best feelings about DayZ, trust me.  I won't ruin the experience with any major tips or metagaming, just follow your instincts and learn from your mistakes.

Vanilla is a good way to go about it, as some of the private servers and other mods can get a bit silly and go away from how DayZ was intended, but to each their own.

If you need a good public hive server TMW has 2, EU2419 and US 1503.  And if you find yourself in need of medical attention, just come out our teamspeak server(ts.tmwdayz.com) and find a medic. (shameless advertising over)

• Like 2

if you need someone to watch your back pm me and I can join you server just give me the ip :)

welcome aboard the hype train, my advice - stick with vanilla. don't be tempted by the abominations such as epoch, though im a stubborn old fucker so make of it what you will :) have fun, the best DayZ is the first couple of months of DayZ

• Like 2

On the forums?  They're basically just likes

I have to admit that I think it is funny, that I beaned you for that.

If you have any questions regarding DayZ - how stuff works - or in general, feel free to ask away. We usually don't bite. As long as you have manners doing so. ;)

Welcome old horse to the knackers yard :)

I agree the above, stick with vanilla. I think fellow forumers have you sorted out already but you're welcome to PM me too if you have any questions.

My first death was a fall from a building.... so take it easy out there!