Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

I know everybody likes to play dayz differently but...

Can someone please explain this to me. I was recently watching a Dayz video on youtube recently and the player was drawing a lot of zombies in the market. What did he do? He logged out to get rid of the zombies. What I don't get is why play this game at all. There are so many other run and gun games. Other games have pretty good weapons data. So why? I am constantly scratching my head over these types of play style. I guess its good for Bohemia. But still ...

Well let this start the conversation.

I have done that at points to. Shameful yeah but sometimes when the server bugs up and causes 80+ zombies to spawn in a small village and swarm me I get annoyed.

Some people (young ones) are more interested in killing people that surviving a zombacalypse, they would do anyhting to save their rounds for killing people

• Like 1

If an exploit isn't explicitly written down as against the rules loads of people will abuse it and then claim it's not cheating. It is cheating though and a really boring way to play for really boring people.

We can all however look forward to the rage threads when people try to do this in the SA in the future as it won't work anymore.

• Like 9

Words can't describe how I feel about combat loggers...

I fucking hate them...

• Like 1

It is a mod of Arma. Arma was bugged both before and after Dayz, with bugs comes exploits.  Players use exploits to gain ingame advantages. As for your decision to play a zombie survival mod its completely in your court. 

• Like 2

It is a mod of Arma. Arma was bugged both before and after Dayz, with bugs comes exploits.  Players use exploits to gain ingame advantages. As for your decision to play a zombie survival mod its completely in your court. 

Except if it ruins the game for others. Combat logging for example.

• Like 1

Except if it ruins the game for others. Combat logging for example.

I view zombie logging in the same light as I have a personal vendetta against all zeds, they must be put to rest by axe.  If one wishes to log out to avoid the raising of fisticuffs in order to preserve ammo for PVP I piss in their cereal.

• Like 5

I would consider it the same as combat logging and there's just no way you can not think of it as cheating. Players that do it know they are exploiting the game but no one can punish them for it so they think they're getting away with something. If you ever see a player do this in game, just wait them out and welcome them back into the game with a nice warm bullet. I've waited an hour and a half when a guy combat logged on me and the payoff was definitely worth it when i shot him in the face. Worst part of losers like that is he was trying to kill me as I went to answer a call for help. He then logged when I fired back and hit him a few times.

• Like 1

Some months ago I could understand guys like these a little bit, dealing with zeds was very longwinded, you had to drop your weapon to get a melee weapon out or use your pistol and attract maybe even more zeds. Nowadays you have it easier, because of the carry slot - if people still zed-log with the current version they are... really bad people.

I understand PVP and am not against anyone's right to play it as they wish. PVP, KOS it doesn't matter. It adds a little flavor and makes the game interesting. There are people who would do exactly the same thing in real life (although not too many as they couldn't reload when they themselves get a bullet to the head). All the apocalypse movies portray this kind of rampage. I don't buy it. People have a way of helping each other out in a crisis. However, there are still those selfish SOB's out for themselves. Again failure to reload will keep most of those in check. In real life you only have one life.

Again though, why do people play a zombie game (this one in particular) to cheat and avoid zombies or other players for that matter? Other games (COD, BF3/4, etc.) you get shot and respawn in less than 10 seconds. To any player who logs out to avoid zombies or other players can you please explain the rationale? I'm just curious. Why do it? I am not talking to those who do it only sometimes.

I play games for immersion. Feeling like I am part of the game world. As such I usually play stealthy. That's what draws me to this type of game. I get to do in fantasy what I probably (who knows nowadays) can't do in real life. As such I will be more like Rick from The Walking Dead. To me what is the sense of surviving if I lose all my values and my humanity. I know I could only take another life in self defense.

OK, the biggest question of all. Even if the game allows some things, why do it? Why cheat? You are really not gaining anything. Basically I feel you are cheating yourself. I don't condone cheating but I could understand it if you had your life or your money on the line. Then at least you are gaining someting from it (albeit for a short time, anyway). But in a game?

I have done that at points to. Shameful yeah but sometimes when the server bugs up and causes 80+ zombies to spawn in a small village and swarm me I get annoyed.

LOL that's exactly the same reason I logged, and I've only ever done it once. Fucking zeds would not stop spawning and I just thought " fuck this!" and quit lol.

Any other time I let them pull my guts out (and I wish they would add that in - so you can look down your body as your on the floor and watching as they pull out your innards with blood spraying everywhere lol

If an exploit isn't explicitly written down as against the rules loads of people will abuse it and then claim it's not cheating. It is cheating though and a really boring way to play for really boring people.

We can all however look forward to the rage threads when people try to do this in the SA in the future as it won't work anymore.

I'm not sure where you play but on the servers that I play on logging to clear zombies is considered combat logging. You get one warning, do it again and you're banned.

• Like 2

I'm not sure where you play but on the servers that I play on logging to clear zombies is considered combat logging. You get one warning, do it again and you're banned.

As it should be on all servers, doing it rarely is still combat logging, yah fight it out till yah dead, or they are, only way to play. I recall in one o my first games o dayz, getting all ammo-ed up to the hilt, and getting caught in that red house by the cherno store with a mate, i had a 1911, he had a lee enfield( before we clicked it was a Z dinner bell)... he died quick, i got up past 50 odd kills before i was swamped (.45 used to kill a z one shot to body before BI pistol nerf) Good times :D

I play it because I like realism games, and I like Zombie games.

Yeah there will always be bugs in games, and I try my best to look over those. Now some of the Epoch servers, those really grind my gears...

Especially when the zombies will hit you from 5 feet away, it sometimes rustles my jimmies, but I like the concept enough to be able to look over most of the bugs.

As it should be on all servers, doing it rarely is still combat logging, yah fight it out till yah dead, or they are, only way to play. I recall in one o my first games o dayz, getting all ammo-ed up to the hilt, and getting caught in that red house by the cherno store with a mate, i had a 1911, he had a lee enfield( before we clicked it was a Z dinner bell)... he died quick, i got up past 50 odd kills before i was swamped (.45 used to kill a z one shot to body before BI pistol nerf) Good times :D

I feel ya, check out my post "Still killed by zombies" and you know why.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

Especially when the zombies will hit you from 5 feet away, it sometimes rustles my jimmies, but I like the concept enough to be able to look over most of the bugs.

They will be removing that in 1.0.3. It was in there because of a bug introduced by one of the other things they had put in that is now removed. :)