Sign in to follow this  
SFRGaming

[SA] Driving Style

bis have reputation for make realism game

look ballistic bullet part of gravity ;)

look helicopter in arma :)

LOOK HELICOPTER IN TAKE ON HELICOPTER :o

they don't put arma 2 vehicle in SA :|

is good :thumbsup:  :P

take time make car/bike etc real like heli please

we want gear/clutch/ etc

imagine guy doing panic stall after attack :D

agree NO 3rd person in car >:(

make drive car difficult think need focus and skill LIKE REAL LIFE

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

Hey that's a really good idea. Maybe most cars and civilian SUV's could be automatics, whereas trucks, Urals, Humvee's, ect. could be manual, making a sort of skill curve with the vehicles.

• Like 2

Hey that's a really good idea. Maybe most cars and civilian SUV's could be automatics, whereas trucks, Urals, Humvee's, ect. could be manual, making a sort of skill curve with the vehicles.

I'd propose the opposite. millitary vehicles would be automatics, so that the soldiers can focus and are not distracted by clutching. whereas civies drive manual. I still want all vehicles manual though ;)

I'd propose the opposite. millitary vehicles would be automatics, so that the soldiers can focus and are not distracted by clutching. whereas civies drive manual. I still want all vehicles manual though ;)

That doesn't make sense. The idea is to make it more difficult to drive military vehicles, and furthermore, it's factually incorrect. Most large trucks have a manual transmission.

I'm sure newer vehicles are automatic, it has multiple advantages like Weparo said. Having an auto driver learn stick can be difficult and you won't want a driver stalling an engine in a critical situation, think of it as eliminating the weakest link in a chain. Afaik the HMMWV has is automatic like every APC and as a famous example the M1 Abrams. And if you are wounded you only need at least one working arm and foot to keep the vehicle moving.

Here's some info http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/propulsion/allisontransmission/

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2

>numpad being gear shift?

although looking around with that would be kinda annoying.

What's the price for E10 or usual fuel over there atm?

Around where I live we're averaging about $3.25 USD per gallon for our standard fuel type. If I can convert correctly that's 0.64 per liter.

Around where I live we're averaging about $3.25 USD per gallon for our standard fuel type. If I can convert correctly that's 0.64 per liter.

OMG way too cheap. If Obama raised the taxes just a bit he would have no problems with his budget. I clearly have the wrong car for this country :lol:  1L=1,41€ over here for E10 since regular was removed a long time ago.

Edited by Enforcer

That doesn't make sense. The idea is to make it more difficult to drive military vehicles, and furthermore, it's factually incorrect. Most large trucks have a manual transmission.

I'm sure newer vehicles are automatic, it has multiple advantages like Weparo said. Having an auto driver learn stick can be difficult and you won't want a driver stalling an engine in a critical situation, think of it as eliminating the weakest link in a chain. Afaik the HMMWV has is automatic like every APC and as a famous example the M1 Abrams. And if you are wounded you only need at least one working arm and foot to keep the vehicle moving.

Here's some info http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/propulsion/allisontransmission/

What enforcer said :D

Also I don't consider a large truck a millitary vehicle as it doesn't really differ from a civil truck (exept for the ruggedness and offroading maybe)

What enforcer said :D

Also I don't consider a large truck a millitary vehicle as it doesn't really differ from a civil truck (exept for the ruggedness and offroading maybe)

An older co-worker was driving a support truck off road during his days trying to stay close to the tanks he had to follow, if he hadn't fastened his seatbelt the roof would have had a lot of dents. He said one of his comrades crashed into the ceiling one time. That should show the ruggedness of those vehicles. Even though they were much weaker engine wise and lighter than the US trucks they were much lighter and could climb places the US trucks couldn't.

Afaik it was something like this, of course it's old and has a manual transmission but that wasn't a problem back then because 99.9% were used to driving stick.

unimog_lkw_bundeswehr_plane.jpg

• Like 1

This was recently discussed in [sA] Getting rid of vehicle indicators.

But yes, agreed, if it's manual IRL it should be manual in-game. Vehicles have a very arcade feel to them right now, especially in third person, that's not a good thing.

Remove 3rd person in vehicles.

Let us "crouch" or lower ourselfs in the seats to avoid being an easy shot for an enemy.

The driver should be able to do that but ofcourse he'd have no vision.

You should get good protection from the front with the engine block in the way of the bullets, from the side most bullets would penetrate the doors.

Modern vehicles should be all automatic.

As it gets older the automatic ness should faze out.

Keep it real to the model of vehicle though.

I agree, vehicles are way too easy, no strategy with them really, just get in a repaired vehicle, and off you go.. Maybe it would be possible to find automatic cars, though? :P

That's kinda why I want it. I've had it with these 12 y/o cod kiddies! Shall the zombies eat their intestines!

LOL. Im not saying no, its just that when you find a vehicle, and you don't know how to drive it, it  would pretty much suck.......

LOL. Im not saying no, its just that when you find a vehicle, and you don't know how to drive it, it  would pretty much suck.......

Have Arma 3 style H for help.

• Like 1

An older co-worker was driving a support truck off road during his days trying to stay close to the tanks he had to follow, if he hadn't fastened his seatbelt the roof would have had a lot of dents. He said one of his comrades crashed into the ceiling one time. That should show the ruggedness of those vehicles. Even though they were much weaker engine wise and lighter than the US trucks they were much lighter and could climb places the US trucks couldn't.

Afaik it was something like this, of course it's old and has a manual transmission but that wasn't a problem back then because 99.9% were used to driving stick.

unimog_lkw_bundeswehr_plane.jpg

Yay! mercedes! German cars ftw! ;)

I'm pretty sure 90% of all grownups have a license.... in 'murica you can start learning how to drive at the age of 15! But it's kinda like flying a chopper.. gotta know your stuff, that's right.

Keep it real to the model of vehicle though.

+1

No changing stats for gameplay purposes.

• Like 1

they're all old soviet machines too, so let's add manual choke lever :D

^ might look sarcastic, but i asure you it is a genuine suggestion. manual choke ftw

Instead of just holding W all the way to your destination, it would require you to utilize correct starting procedures, shifting, clutch, etc..

Since SA uses the Take On Helicopters engine (correct me if i am wrong). Then in first person, you start the engine by clicking the icon with like an engine icon. Like in Take On Helicopters where you will need to do everything yourself. Instead of pressing just W. Really hard to explain what i mean here.  :blush:

EDIT: Like using alt to look around and then aim for where the keys are and when you then scroll it will bring up:

Start engine/Turn engine off.

And to switch gear just press alt and look at the gear lever and scroll to select gear.

Nevermind.  :|

Sorry for bad english.

Edited by ShobbeZ