Sign in to follow this  
 DropBearChick

60+ frames eludes me

I wouldn't even go for an i7 unless you're planning on recording / 3D modeling etc.

A 3570k or 4670k will do just fine.

• Like 1

Speakers, you will have to buy seperately, but CPU coolers and case fans I'm pretty sure come with it. CPU coolers come in the CPU box, and case fans come in the case.

That build will play anything on the market right now, and is pretty future proof at least for a couple of years.

I can get you a cheaper build but I cannot guarantee that it will run everything on ultra 60+ fps.

whats the cheap build?

Lots of good advice except one thing - Don't get speakers. Get some nice 7.1 Surround Sound headphones. Much better, don't disturb other people in the house and if you use in-game chat, or a chat server like TS3, people won't hear your game while you talk.

do i need the solis state disk or can i just go with the internal hard drive?

You dont need an ssd mate. But they are pretty good. My pc boots in less then 5 seconds, from being off, to everything ready to go. Its fantastic.

Edited by dancros

ok, i remember rocket saying something about the ssd card for SA but i'll probs get speakers there only 15 bucks and good for when my headset brakes and what did u say about cpu's coming with coolers?

Edited by spartan54820

SSD is Solid State Drive, not ya sound card ;). It replaces a normal hard disk drive, and performs much better. I recently bought a new PC for A3 because my older rig was getting a lil sluggish. new one gets me 40 fps everywhere in dayz (higher in woods and stuff) and it only cost me £350, dunno what that is in AU monies. 

AMD 6 core @ 3.4

8gb DDR3 ram

1gb r7770

500gb SSD

SSD really isnt required at all but it does help. Also for the guy expecting higher FPS with V-sync on.....dont ;) V-sync caps you at 60 fps. I remember wondering why i never got more on L4D....then i tried it with v-sync off, and all of a sudden im pulling like 360fps :D

SSD is Solid State Drive, not ya sound card ;). It replaces a normal hard disk drive, and performs much better. I recently bought a new PC for A3 because my older rig was getting a lil sluggish. new one gets me 40 fps everywhere in dayz (higher in woods and stuff) and it only cost me £350, dunno what that is in AU monies.

AMD 6 core @ 3.4

8gb DDR3 ram

1gb r7770

500gb SSD

SSD really isnt required at all but it does help. Also for the guy expecting higher FPS with V-sync on.....dont ;) V-sync caps you at 60 fps. I remember wondering why i never got more on L4D....then i tried it with v-sync off, and all of a sudden im pulling like 360fps :D

£350 is about $600 AU. But shit is a lot more expensive here in general, so it would be harder to get that build for that price.

It's impossible to have constant 60+ frames in Arma 3. My 4770k at 4.8GHZ. drops to 40-50fps in towns but no way above 60fps constantly. I can lower the settings or put on max but the gpu usage will never hit the ceiling. I got myself a 290X for BF4 but pretty useless for this game since its heavily cpu limited so midrange will do fine. If you want 60 FPS constantly, overclock i5/i7 to 6.0ghz and before u do that, ur chip already die from overvolting.

I don't think this game is not bad optimized, Just not developed with mulithreading in mind. this game would just use only 2 threads on my cpu.

This engine is just very old and would have to be programmed from scratch for that or devs lack knowledge in doing so.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/spartan54820/saved/2O86

good build??? it took me a while but i found a pretty good looking build for under $1,000 AU

Good solid build. swap the cpu for a 4670k, 2$ difference and will give you 2-5% speed improvements and swap the motherboard too for 1550 socket.

Don't go for I7. I went from I5 and theres no improvements in performance at all in games. I would only see a good reason to use i7 for BF4 64 man server and thats it.

Solid states will improve performance for some people. But it did not in my case. The loading times did make it alot more pleasant though.

Edited by monoking

SSD helps with loading the huge amount of textures.. is what i heard (dont know if mod or SA was meant). however, i don't have a clue, i play every game on low settings.

Edited by phL

It's impossible to have constant 60+ frames in Arma 3. My 4770k at 4.8GHZ. drops to 40-50fps in towns but no way above 60fps constantly.

I had a solid 60 fps (even when recording believe it or not).  That was on a 3570k @ 3.4GHz and a GTX 650 1GB. I was surprised too, but the next day I was running at 20 fps. Strange game, ArmA III.

If 60+ on high or very high is what your after, no amount of money would do that. Of course unless you are staring at the sky or ground.

ArmA II is very unoptimized, you could get only 30 - 40 on a $1500 build, its just the way it is.

1400$ Laptop DayZ Overwatch 90+ FPS :3

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/spartan54820/saved/2O86

good build??? it took me a while but i found a pretty good looking build for under $1,000 AU

Dam memory is expensive today. Where do you need wired network adapter? Every motherboard should have one ethernet slot. You could save some money if you go for 550W power supply. That should be enough really.

Btw you might want to even go for 2400Mhz RAM. I understood that the motherboard supports up to 2400. Arma really likes higher speed RAM and paying $5 more for 2400 is really worth it when you look at this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166512-Arma-3-CPU-vs-RAM-performance-comparison-1600-2133-up-to-15-FPS-gain

Edited by St. Jimmy

1400$ Laptop DayZ Overwatch 90+ FPS :3

Im calling bullshit. I JUST get 90 frames with a 770 and 4770.

What are the specs of this magic laptop?

Edited by dancros
  • Like 1

Im calling bullshit. I JUST get 90 frames with a 770 and 4770.

What are the specs of this magic laptop?

It is all bullshit I'm playing on a laptop the best I can get is 40fps looking at the sky most mods of dayz will be around 14fps and about 20-24fps on dayz vanilla at best most of the time it's about 8-10fps.

I'm running dayz on a laptop with

Intel i5 what I can clock it to 2.93 ghz

Amd radeon hd 6550m

4gb DDR3

But I also am playing with out connecting my laptop to the router and I live in a small country town with no adsl+2 what is just balls