SmashT

November Round-up

There is some mild rumbling about a new DayZ group having been created on reddit. It does show up on Matt's profile and if you search dayz, states there are 700+ members, but the link keeps erring out when I click it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qhj4i/dayz_group_chat_is_up_you_can_join_from_the/

EDIT: The steam link not the reddit link  ;)

Edited by DrGonzo

Rocket some pretender joined the chat then left hahaha

Edited by Owain1122

Wow, 7 hours of gameplay from one guy with no name.

I'm curious about those testers, what do they test exactly?

So, like, when is the SA coming out?

At this rate...

When your soul collapses in agony from waiting.

Guys...I have a really good feeling about this Thursday. Not because DayZ will come out or anything...I just think it is gonna be a nice day :)

• Like 5

rocket2guns [score hidden]

10 minutes

ago

Everyones gone home for the night. I'm just finishing up some work on the character creation screens.

Damnit, Rocket. what about the crash?

In retrospect, I guess it must be gone if he's working on Char screens...

Which he said wouldn't hold back the release... ;_;

• Like 1

rocket2guns [score hidden]

10 minutes

ago

Everyones gone home for the night. I'm just finishing up some work on the character creation screens.

Damnit, Rocket. what about the crash?

In retrospect, I guess it must be gone if he's working on Char screens...

Which he said wouldn't hold back the release... ;_;

So tomorrow right? 

Also I have wonder how in-depth the character creation is, if it's still like the mod where you pick a face, or you make your own.  Would be cool if we could still use custom faces like Arma 2.

So tomorrow right? 

Also I have wonder how in-depth the character creation is, if it's still like the mod where you pick a face, or you make your own.  Would be cool if we could still use custom faces like Arma 2.

I don't know, I'd really like to see custom faces at a later date. Obviously it won't be in the Alpher release, but at some point. maybe mid Beeter.

I don't know, I'd really like to see custom faces at a later date. Obviously it won't be in the Alpher release, but at some point. maybe mid Beeter.

If you mean in-game edited faces, yeah, most likely, but if you mean custom faces like the Arma 2 method, there is no reason why it wouldn't work out like it does in arma 2...

If you mean in-game edited faces, yeah, most likely, but if you mean custom faces like the Arma 2 method, there is no reason why it wouldn't work out like it does in arma 2...

You never know, it could have its own system completely from scratch. Also, I did mean ingame edited, in fact.

You never know, it could have its own system completely from scratch. Also, I did mean ingame edited, in fact.

I would assume they are still using rvmats (and subsequently hiddenselections), which means they can swap out textures and such as needed in the 'mission' file itself (for each 'unit'(read player) spawned in).  I'm just really hoping the keep this functionality.

I guess we'll have to wait and see for when the alpher releases (Soontm.)

Edited by KorroBravin
  • Like 1

rocket2guns

"zombie damage currently results in damage to items where they hit you, the same as normal player melee."

I really fucking hope zombies don't do damage to items in your backpack because then the question would be ....are they hitting you with there hands or fucking sledgehammers ?

Edited by Massicor

Remember though he wasn't even sure if the optimisations were successful enough because of the crash, so even though they've fixed the crash it still might not be optimised enough!

Remember though he wasn't even sure if the optimisations were successful enough because of the crash, so even though they've fixed the crash it still might not be optimised enough!

Awww, now why'd you have to go and be such a realist...

• Like 1

[–]rocket2gunsRocket [score hidden] 3 Minuten zuvor*

http://i.imgur.com/dBd7vQX.png

tfw you don't have permission to join the chat for the game you made :(

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qhj4i/dayz_group_chat_is_up_you_can_join_from_the/cdcx8cp

I'm not sure why he'd want to... It was terrible when I visited it earlier...

Edited by KorroBravin

With the numbers we have actually seen play, via gametracker and so on, it makes you wonder how many people they actually have for testing.

Also if that 56 in game number is for SA then what server are they playing on?? Cause we haven't found it, and that would mean that they are just polishing it up for release!

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1