nabehobby

Hide Items

So for the standalone, I've always heard rocket saying that he wants to have items spawn in small spaces.

for example, under the bed, on top of shelves, and etc.

So I'm wondering if we can place items there on purpose. and not just a under and on top of things, but I'd like to see closets, safes, and be able to hide things under the floor.

As soon as the SA releases, I can imagine myself finding a random house, and making it my fortress.But I don't want  my loot to be sitting around, and then have a bandit come in my house while I'm away.

What do you guys think?

Edited by CaptainBingo

Hide items in pillow cases, in sock drawers, in bins, in everything! I would actually love to be able to store a side-arm in the toilet's cistern then pull it out on a looter.

• Like 1

Maybe if you drop an item exactly where your cursor is you could make some interesting hiding spots.

Aslong as you can't somehow hide a car tire in a mail box fallout style (make that 50 miniguns).

Small things like a handgun you can drop under some drawers when you go prone and look there.

• Like 1

love to be able to store a side-arm in the toilet's cistern then pull it out on a looter.

What exactly have you been you been doing there and why couldn't you just hold it in your hands when you're "busy sitting there" anyway?

• Like 1

I like idea of hiding stuff under floorboards, could have it so if you walk over where someone stashed something, there is a feint squeak. Quiet enough that you could easily miss it if your moving quick or have agro.

• Like 1

What exactly have you been you been doing there and why couldn't you just hold it in your hands when you're "busy sitting there" anyway?

.....using the toilet?....I am sorry I just wanted to dream.

• Like 2

Maybe if you drop an item exactly where your cursor is you could make some interesting hiding spots.

Aslong as you can't somehow hide a car tire in a mail box fallout style (make that 50 miniguns).

Small things like a handgun you can drop under some drawers when you go prone and look there.

That's another thing, I'm sure rocket is already thinking of this,

but car tires and other big items should not be able to fit in our backpacks...

we should have to carry/roll them, but this would have to make them record more animations.

Edited by CaptainBingo
  • Like 1

Would you roll/carry a car tire for a couple of miles? Towns with supermarkets should have shopping carts, and villages/farms/industrial sites wheelcarts. Problem solved. Obviously you shouldn't be able to run when pushing either of those, especially if something really heavy was inside (like a car engine).

• Like 2

Would you roll/carry a car tire for a couple of miles? Towns with supermarkets should have shopping carts, and villages/farms/industrial sites wheelcarts. Problem solved. Obviously you shouldn't be able to run when pushing either of those, especially if something really heavy was inside (like a car engine).

To a point, I would still wanna move at A speed.

To a point, I would still wanna move at A speed.

Grab wheel cart add fuel tank, engine, wheels, fuel, drive to the vehicle you want to repair, transfer all of it to the vehicle...done. jk

No srsly heavy things need to be carried another way. I would break my back if i tried to carry a car wheel all day long let alone two in the pack and one in my pocket. The simplest item to drag heavy stuff is ( i don't know the name but you always see them in westerns that thing the horses drag behind them ) two sticks and a blanket...

No srsly heavy things need to be carried another way. I would break my back if i tried to carry a car wheel all day long let alone two in the pack and one in my pocket. The simplest item to drag heavy stuff is ( i don't know the name but you always see them in westerns that thing the horses drag behind them ) two sticks and a blanket...

A horse and cart, but you wouldn't find a hose it would be an brumby and you would have to catch it and break it in but I bet the zombies would of eaten them all by then or a survivor killed it to gut it so they have a warm place to sleep and drank the blood for food. If the rim of the wheel was ok you could carry just the rubber it self but it still wouldn't fit in a backpack and you would need tools to get it on to the rim as well what will be heavy.

i would like to see containers. if you don't have time to implement cabinets with extensible drawers maybe it would be possible to implement containers: just click on the cabinet which opens your inventory and you would have what would be inside of it in the "vicinity-space" of your ui.

"Oh sh*t someone is going to rob me.  I need to hide my mountain dew!" *looks around* "Oh no.  no where to put it....Only one thing left to do" *screams of pain* 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HenZ4Z7w0qM

I am sure you can guess where that mountain dew went...

Edited by harley001

"Oh sh*t someone is going to rob me.  I need to hide my mountain dew!" *looks around* "Oh no.  no where to put it....Only one thing left to do" *screams of pain* 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HenZ4Z7w0qM

I am sure you can guess where that mountain dew went...

You drank it :)

Jk I love Mountain Dew