evilcoookie

1.7.1.5 loot patterns

I think there are still spawning way to many completely useless things, which then are never collected and never respawn anything usefull

I visited a server yesterday, and checked ALL spawns in kamenka and up to zelenogorsk, checking every deer stand

I found one hatchet, one compass and all other spawns where tin cans and empty soda bottles

and a tire

Think people are expecting too much. This is a scavenge survival game, its not meant to be easy mode check a loot spot expecting decent things. Move town to survive, simple as that. There are plenty of areas with abundant loot.

It is meant to be a challenge and a close shave, if it wasn't, it would get boring quickly.

Get off the coast and you will find more then enough.

Anyone else make vaguely definitive proclamations about statistical probabilities after only experiencing a very small, isolated sample size and using the human brain's consistently unreliable statistical estimation mechanisms to analyze the situation?

i dont even know if loot consists of statistical probabilities, but when moving through three towns, mostly prone, and starving and dehydrating to death (since you can not drink out of a pond without a bottle, lol... very realistic) i am questioning the statistical probability, since i had a relatively high sample and still no odds in my favor

I agree to mcf.

Imho Elektro and Cherno are more dangerous than ever before because of the loot rebalancing. Known loot spots might spawn different things than before. All those empty tin cans spawning seem to let players become desperated, which makes them even more try to kill other survivors.

Was in Elektro yesterday, got some nice loot there that was worth the visit but there were at least 3 people shooting all over the place, I was lucky to get out alive with all the good stuff I found. I did not fire any shots, this might have saved my life.

I don't think 1.7.1.5 loot system/spawn needs to be fixed, neither I think it's a bug, I guess it's quite realistic that you will see lots of trash in an apocalypse scenario.

Anyone else make vaguely definitive proclamations about statistical probabilities after only experiencing a very small' date=' isolated sample size and using the human brain's consistently unreliable statistical estimation mechanisms to analyze the situation?

[/quote']

MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

Been playing 1.5 for a couple hours now, this is what I kept finding, over and over again;

-watches

-makarov ammo

-m1911 ammo

-pepsi or cola

-flares

All the loot places I looked at only spawned these items. No food, no guns, no compass/matches/map/binoculars. Found 4 watches though...

I'd say something's wrong.

Anyone else make vaguely definitive proclamations about statistical probabilities after only experiencing a very small' date=' isolated sample size and using the human brain's consistently unreliable statistical estimation mechanisms to analyze the situation?

[/quote']

Nope, but the loot sheet gives a definitely good analysis.

I too have noticed that in residential buildings and farms the majority of the stuff i find is either trash loot, or chemlights/flares. Its very hard to find drink and food, let alone medicine. Bandages are not terrible to find, so thats something.

explain to me why i just found a map, several guns, a compass and a box of matches?

a morphine shortage sounds rly scary to me,because at times in this game any simple action can result in broken bones.if the game is kinda broken and break your legs because u walk through a door way u cant take away peoples only way to help themself.if anything to accomodate for people falling half a meter and breaking their legs or closing a door and crushing their legs we should start with several morphine shots.

nobody has fun accidently dropping of a very low ledge and having their bones broken.

I don't see what there is to complain about. Honestly maybe people are either looking on popular servers, or just not in the right spots. I spent about 30 minutes hopping between some apartments and the church in cherno across 4-5 servers and found:

- M1911 w/ 4 clips

- Hatchet as primary

- Compass

- Map

- Knife

- watch

- 6 cans of food

- 2 empty water bottles

- 3 cans of soda

- painkillers

- plenty of bandages

- Czech backpack

I forgot to search the meditents because now my friend has a broken bone somewhere between cherno and stary, that's a load of fun :x

So if you aren't finding anything, you're obviously looking in the wrong places. Now if you, for example, just stay in the church and hop into another server expecting to find something, you're not going to.

One thing I have noticed is nearly every Heli site I find now has a Fal' date=' and usually with little to no ammo. I found one that had 3 Fals and a BizonSD with no ammo and no other loot.

[/quote']

I found a helicopter that had no FAL.

But the one 50 meters away from it had two FALs.

That being said: Nearly every crashed heli I've found since 1.7.1.4 has had a FAL, a Bizon, and an M14.

Needs more beanZ, (for medicinal purposes).

I had to go hunting to rebuild my health which was about 3000, not an easy task.

Morphine, just one hit man pls. You know I'm good for it.

Anyone who says Morphine spawn rate has not changed is missing the point.

I don't see many people saying it has changed.

But...

It's the chances of breaking a bone now that seem to have gone through the roof.

Maybe the lack of correct diet we all have brittle bone disease now.

I had to go hunting to rebuild my health which was about 3000' date=' not an easy task.

[/quote']

That's barely 1 cow and a half :P

I think it's fine.

I recently died and went to elektro' date=' 1st run got me :

Box of matches

M1911 (with tons of ammo, 5-6 clips at least)

Hatchet

Compass

Watch

Winchester (also found 2 double barrel shotguns, and 1 crossbow)

Czech backpack

Wood pile

Food/water

Camping Tent

Painkillers

[/quote']

Posts like this make me wonder if I'm abnormally unlucky, or if you're exaggerating or even straight-up lying.

I've looted every lootable building I could for five patches and although finding untold piles of ammo, the only useable gun I've found is a G17 in the Elektro firestation. I did also find an unloaded Makarov just before getting eaten (.1.4 bugged aggro) as well as an Enfield that I don't plan on ever actually firing.

That's three guns in five patches, only one that can be used.

I did find the Glock just last night so maybe .1.5 does in fact have better loots and I just haven't been playing it for long enough.

But still... your quote makes me want to punch you through the monitor for your "nah its fine" attitude when my experience has been so absolutely clearly the opposite.

Morphine' date=' just one hit man pls. You know I'm good for it.

Anyone who says Morphine spawn rate has not changed is missing the point.

I don't see many people saying it has changed.

But...

It's the chances of breaking a bone now that seem to have gone through the roof.

Maybe the lack of correct diet we all have brittle bone disease now.

[/quote']

well one major difference is we used to spawn with it

I don't know if this is true or not, but to me it feels like south (the coast) has a lesser chance to spawn good stuff than the north.

It was all the same before, but maybe they changed it to get the noobs to push inland faster.

found a lot of mak ammo, chem lights & Axes in recent update, but still finding lees, shotguns & packs, found my first camo clothing in Cherno happy about that

Haven't found a Compass in about 10 hours of play though

I'm finding more trash than I did in previous patches, however I'm willing to accept that it could be a string of bad luck.

Food has been my biggest issue. I think in my last four or five sessions I've found one can of sardines and two pepsi cans.

One thing I found really odd was during my last play. In my frantic search for food I went to the elek supermarket and every single spawn in the building had guns with no ammo. There were shotguns, handguns and enfields at all of them. I had just picked up an ak from the power station so it wasn't very helpful, especially when all I wanted was a single can of food or drink because I was dying from hunger and thirst.

I'm finding more food and water than i can carry, but after 3 full cherno and elektro runs i still haven't found a sidearm, map/compass, matches etc. I'm only posting because after 3 hours i saw way too many chemlights, flares and random ammo after checking the vast majority of searchable buildings. I know theres good loot up north, but i want my set of basic tools and weapons before i head inland