LiftCore

My Proudest Bandit Moment

*LONG READ WARNING*

tl;dr at the bottom for you ADHD fellas LoL

I’m going to share with you my most memorable DayZ experience yet, and the legitimate reason of why I decided to become a bandit (rather than it being the easy way to play the game, but I guess Banditry and KoS are different things).

Day Z Epoch.

So I was heading down towards Elektro to do my standard loot run. I would usually bring my Ural and start from Elektro, and hit every town/barracks/compound/military camp up to Kamenka, fill up my backpack and SUV with the best possible loot I can get my hands on, and drive back up to the traders and sell everything to fund my new base building plans

Anyway, I get to Elektro, I park my Ural behind a hill near the water a little away from where Elektro starts and start heading towards the barracks on the west end of Elektro. I hastily fill up my Coyote Backpack with guns from the barracks, head to my Ural, fill up the trunk, and head back just to do a quick sweep of the inner fire station and the supermarket (rare drinks).

Just as I pass this weird cultural looking building between the firehouse and the barracks (don’t know if this is Epoch specific or server specific) I hear a few AKM shots go off up the road out of Elektro near some apartment buildings, and then I hear a set of G17 shots. This is followed by distant zombie agro sounds. I’m not very worried at this point but I run up the roof of this building and prone and wait to see what is going on. Out of the building I see the guy with the G17 sprinting his balls off out of the apartments, behind him about 8 zombies. I watch him run towards where I am (he can’t see me but I can see him). I decide that if he comes too close I’m just going to pop him in the head. He gets about halfway between me and the apartments and out comes out the AKM guy, and starts shooting... no, fucking SPRAYING at the guy running away.

I decide to get involved. I switch from my M14 AIM to my Sa-58V ACOG so I have a better shot at the guy with the AKM (currently my two favourite guns), zero it up (I think it was only like 250-300m) and pop the AKM guy in the head. Naturally, he dies. Now I have the issue of this guy with a G17 who is about to enter the building I am on, bringing with him trigger-itchy panic, a potentially loaded G17 and a horde of angry zombies. I start talking to him, telling him that if he comes any further than the 2nd
floor that I would kill him. He starts talking really fast saying that he didn’t have any mags left in his G17 and the zombies were about to kill him and he had a bunch of guns he didn’t want to lose in his Large Gunbag. Seeing as I had to get down eventually I thought I would go with my gut and see if I could help this fella out. I started peeking down; saw him getting raped by zombies. I started taking out the zombies with my M9SD. 11 headshots later and it’s me and him.

I tell him to backpack his pistol so that I can come and bandage/morphine and bloodbag him. We quickly get sorted and he starts thanking me, I ask him what happened and he said he was looking through the apartments for some cooler skins. Apparently some guy saw him and followed him in. Apparently he was a crappy shot since he somehow managed to mess up killing someone from point blanc range with an AKM in a confined space. He then asks me for a ride to Stary Sobor. I tell I would be happy to but I still want to finish my run, so he offers to help. I told him that he can pick 2 guns that he wants when we got to Stary but I would keep everything else from the run, he said fine.  We go towards my Ural, stopping by the now deceased AKM dude so the guy could arm himself and we head off towards Cherno.

Everything goes pretty smooth from there. We end up not needing to go all the way to Kamenka because the Ural and our packs were all full of military weapons.
We reach Stary and sell everything off, I head to my safe and stash my gold and go back to Stary to mess around till the server restarted. I tell him a little about the server rules, earn his trust real good. At this point I'm thinking I could either team up with this guy int he future, or totally take advantage of this situation and rob him if and when he has something I want.

A little later in the day I decide to head up to Bash Trader as I had a few tents out there with stuff that I needed to move into my safe. I usually go past the NW airfield where the Large Compound and barracks are but don’t really stop there since I’m pretty paranoid. When I get there I see a Camo SUV parked outside a row of barracks, so I talk on side chat and try to find out if those people might just possibly be friendly. Turns out it was the guy I met in Elektro… and it seems as if he has been doing very well for himself.

He starts boasting about how well everything started going for him after I took him to Stary, he said that he liked my idea of stopping buy military loot spawns one by one and filling up. He trusted me so much at this point. I offered to help him load up the loot into his SUV that was left in the barracks, and of course, he accepted.

“After you, mate” I said to him.

He walks into the barracks, opens up his gear in one of the loot spawn rooms. I pull out my M9SD, and I inject a nice SD bullet straight into is skull. This guy lost his shit, completely. He got so angry, called me every name you could think of. Of course I didn’t reply, I was too busy packing his stuff into my Ural. He had a full backpack of guns, as well as a full SUV of guns, mags and about 110 oz of gold. Chucked the backpack into my Ural, chucked his guns from his SUV into my Ural, and took the gold, attached his SUV to my truck and headed for the trader.

A lot of gold was made that day.

How was my banditism guys?

TL;DR -
1. Looting in Elektro

2. Save some guy from being killed, earn his trust and let him roll with me
3. Finish looting all the main coastline high grade spawns
4. Give the guy a lift to Stary and let him have some gear, guy is real happy, we sell stuff and part ways
5. Later on I’m driving up towards Bash, see a Camo SUV parked next to the NW Airfield barracks on the way to Bash, turns out it’s the same guy

6. He had managed to get a lot of high end gear and gold
7. I kill him when he’s not looking, and I take his car and gear and sell it

8. He mad

• Like 8

Yeah total dick move.

This is one thing about about a video game that I dont think can be fixed. In the video game scenario you look at his gear, see what he has and it benifits you more to kill him to take it.

In a real life scenario it would benifit you more to keep the friend and have someone to watch your back and help you out.

• Like 2

And you're proud of that? You could have made really good friends with him and got his skype. That's how I met some of my friends on dayz and I've played with them for over a year. Tbh it's better in the long run to make friends then to kill people for something your going to lose the same day

While I admire your rogue backstabbing nature, I would never turn my back on you after reading something as heartless as this.. 

So I must say

Really shitty move man, this is liked when that terrible game that came out called the war z

everyone tried to be heroes the first week of its shit release, but after giving a stranger a flashlight he would just turn and beat you with it.....

beat you like an emotionless clown 

With no soul in his eyes

but that's besides the point, it would have been a way better idea to make a new friend. Hell once I managed to kill a group of 6 people, well not all of them. I let one live and told him to get in the URAL he drove in on and not to come back. He did just that, (if you were wondering how I killed them all, they came into a barn I was camping out at and they were very under-armed at the time and I was very well armed.)

then later on after my camp got raided him and his group "befriended" me for sparing his life and didn't want me as an enemy.

lets just say I played on that server where ^ that happened until some dick, much like yourself (I kid, you aren't that much of a dick) made a fake "help my legs are broken call" and I foolishly went to help him. Why? Because I literally was friends with 80% of the server, ends up this dick was a bandit and his sniper buddy was hiding in the woods ready to shoot me, Before I could pull out my MK48 the bandit pretending to have broken legs killed me, and his shit buddy who couldn't snipe worth shit were so happy about it over Side-chat, and I stopped playing after that. And then found my way to BB and Musty Gaming where I play if I decide to boot up ol Dayz

Edited by leviski
  • Like 2

Pretty shitty attitude.

One thing to kill someone you've just met but you kill someone that you played with for a while for some crappy loot?

No skill whatsoever behind kill a friend.. dick move.

• Like 1

Total, fuckin, asshole, move. However, Class-A banditry if i've ever seen it, I dont think you could have made this story turn out any better for you. (Plus if you played with him for longer THEN betrayed him, it would actually be a dick move.

So yeah, love your story man.

• Like 2

woah woah, lets not pound on our new forum member, we could really use some new people that don't make pointless troll threads every second of the day.

It is his play-style, and his game 

Just to let OP know, This community is composed of mainly Heroes and non-KOS'ers so that is the reason you are getting such a nasty response.

• Like 2

Yes obviously it was a dick move, sometimes you do things you're not proud of in a zombie apocalypse. If that was real life, I wouldn't be proud of the act of killing another human being for material possessions. This isn't real life though, it's a game, he's still alive, and he can get that stuff back. I am proud of the fact that I was able to sculpt this situation to my favor in an interesting way. I'm not going to make friends with every fucking player I talk to for more than 5 seconds. I didn't know him well enough to be his 'friend', and tbh he was a little annoying. I didn't care for that, I cared about the loot, and no, the loot was not very crappy at all. This is the game, this is being a bandit. When does banditry ever end up with all parties being happy? I would have held him up if I wasn't so close, but I wasn't going to risk that gear.  Would you prefer that I do what all the other chaps do and just KoS, move on, KoS, move on etc? 

Just to clear it up, I never intended at any point to team up with this guy, I have my own friends that I team up with then they're on, I've tried teaming up with others before and only a few people I've met haven't been a liability. Besides who's to say he wasn't planning to do a similar thing?

Anyway, if you don't agree with my actions (lol) at least you can enjoy a nice story.

P.S I did this again yesterday, and I would do it again.

P.P.S I didn't lose any of that loot because of this wonderful invention called a safe (and a half built hidden base)

Edited by LiftCore
  • Like 2

Yes obviously it was a dick move, sometimes you do things you're not proud of in a zombie apocalypse. If that was real life, I wouldn't be proud of the act of killing another human being for material possessions. This isn't real life though, it's a game, he's still alive, and he can get that stuff back. I am proud of the fact that I was able to sculpt this situation to my favor in an interesting way. I'm not going to make friends with every fucking player I talk to for more than 5 seconds. I didn't know him well enough to be his 'friend', and tbh he was a little annoying. I didn't care for that, I cared about the loot, and no, the loot was not very crappy at all. This is the game, this is being a bandit. When does banditry ever end up with all parties being happy? I would have held him up if I wasn't so close, but I wasn't going to risk that gear.  Would you prefer that I do what all the other chaps do and just KoS, move on, KoS, move on etc? 

Just to clear it up, I never intended at any point to team up with this guy, I have my own friends that I team up with then they're on, I've tried teaming up with others before and only a few people I've met haven't been a liability. Besides who's to say he wasn't planning to do a similar thing?

Anyway, if you don't agree with my actions (lol) at least you can enjoy a nice story.

P.S I did this again yesterday, and I would do it again.

P.P.S I didn't lose any of that loot because of this wonderful invention called a safe (and a half built hidden base)

I dont make "friends" with everyone I meet either. However if I run into someone who is friendly and we run together for a little bit I see that has as being very fortunate and very rare.

So when I do run into someone and we stick together for a while then they kill me over a gun or whatever, those can be the deaths that hurt the worste. Especally becaue im the type that would give my up primary weapon to a partner if they wanted it and split my gear.

If you enjoy f'ing people over and stabbing them in the back then thats what you enjoy I suppose. I definately dont see the fun in it and its definately not in my mentality video game or not.

OP ignore hater guys :)

there are too many guys on this forum who forget IS GAME FOR FUN :P

you do what is make you enjoy play dayz ;)

if guys are fool enough to trust guy they meet in computer game 10 minute before they deserve what they getting  :D

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

if guys are fool enough to trust guy they meet in computer game 10 minute before they deserve what they getting  :D

Your right it is a game for fun.

The thing is its not fun to be stabbed in the back. So the people who are out to stab other in the back make the game not fun for others. But as long as it keeps the game fun for you thats all that matters, right? Even at the cost of other peoples fun.

However, you are right, no one should trust someone they meet on a video game. And you definately shouldnt trust someone in a real apocolypse.

There are people that will f you over and there are those (very few) that wont. So stay cautious.

• Like 1

I dont make "friends" with everyone I meet either. However if I run into someone who is friendly and we run together for a little bit I see that has as being very fortunate and very rare.

So when I do run into someone and we stick together for a while then they kill me over a gun or whatever, those can be the deaths that hurt the worste. Especally becaue im the type that would give my up primary weapon to a partner if they wanted it and split my gear.

If you enjoy f'ing people over and stabbing them in the back then thats what you enjoy I suppose. I definately dont see the fun in it and its definately not in my mentality video game or not.

Don't let emotions drive your decision in a game so much. I don't enjoy back stabbing people, I enjoy creating dynamic scenarios, experimenting socially and with people's reactions, and of course, I enjoy a fuck tonne of high grade loot. If you ask anyone of my real life friends or my girl friend or whatever, how I am in real life, you would know that I am the considerate, generous puts-everyone's-needs-before-his-own sort of guy. Sometimes things like this have happened, and I have made some good DayZ friends and we've done some cool team stuff. If I accidentally kill a DayZ friend, I ALWAYS apologize, drop everything and go out of my way and help them get their stuff back, or something along those lines. This was something a little different, and I have no regrets. I play this game in the way where I maximize my enjoyment, as do the people who don't have the balls to do this sort of thing.

Besides, I assure you that if the tables were turned, he would have offed me long before I offed him.

Exactky. KoS you're probably my favourite member on these forums lol.

The thing is its not fun to be stabbed in the back. So the people who are out to stab other in the back make the game not fun for others. But as long as it keeps the game fun for you thats all that matters, right? Even at the cost of other peoples fun.

However, you are right, no one should trust someone they meet on a video game. And you definately shouldnt trust someone in a real apocolypse.

There are people that will f you over and there are those (very few) that wont. So stay cautious.

No it's not fun to get stabbed in the back, or to get killed, or to lose your gear, or to have a bug delete your vehicle, or your base, or to run towards a city for 30 minutes. This game doesn't always go your way, otherwise it really wouldn't be any fun. It's not like I ruined the entire game for the guy, and if I did, well too bad for him, and I guess he's a bitch with low testosterone. If anything I taught him a lesson, he was being irresponsible with all that gear.

This actually happened to me today. I started rolling with two guys, helped them out, looted some stuff, then they drove me out, made me get out fo the car and killed me. Nothing more to it. The thing that annoyed me was that they kind of wasted my time because all I wanted was to go to Stary but the lead me on more, and I didn't ahve much to lsoe so I said why not... but they waited REALLY long to kill me and I could have been more productive in that time. Aside from that, that's it. Lesson learned. Forgive and forget, it's just a game.

Edited by LiftCore
  • Like 2

all experience is fun if you choose way for look on it ;)

shitty things happen to me also but after I see funny side

I imagine guy laughing and realise he make fool of me

same way I laughing after doing same things :D

is ok, I am happy for this experience, I learn somethings like don't repeat mistake and try this one on other guys :thumbsup:  :P

if some guys feel rage throw mouse on wall punch keyboard react after some guy make fool of them they don't enjoy game same way like me :huh:

so why play game if this is feel you getting after bastard fucking with you???

relax

appreciate this guy have plan and make win, you lose is way game is going sometime

don't worry is NOT REAL LIFE, respawn and enjoy challenge of next life :thumbsup:  :D

Edited by KoS
  • Like 4

LiftCore and KoS, dont get me wrong, I am well aware of the "back stabbing bandits" place in this game. imo it really helps simulate a real apocolypse. So i really have no issues with it. If I fall for one of those tricks its my own fault for letting my guard down.

So I do appreciate the extreme bandits. I talk shit about the play style alot but that adds to the fun imo.

If everyone had my mentality it would be a boring game. I personally dont possess the mentailty to ruin someones hour by friending them and stabbing them in the back and I dont hold anyhting against those who run a wild bandit life on a video game lol.

• Like 2

Kill someone too quick, people hate on you. "Be a more creative bandit you KoS noob" people will say. Then you make a guy do half your work for you, you took a hostage without him knowing you could say. Got your work done in much less time and didn't instantly open fire on someone. You did what they asked, so they call you a dick. 

Just to let OP know, This community is composed of mainly Heroes and non-KOS'ers so that is the reason you are getting such a nasty response.

Correction, this community is composed of a few heroes, a lot of people who just like to shoot the shit, and a lot of bad players (non-KOS'ers not by choice) who hate on anyone who can outplay them. There really are a lot of bad players on these forums who just hate on anyone who can kill more efficiently than them. Most of these guys who hate all the bandits are not heroes, most of them are in bandit skins themselves I almost guarantee you. I'm not talking about the guys in this thread specifically just the bandit haters on these forums. I honestly don't understand how people have such a hard time dealing with other players, all I can come up with is that they must be very bad.

I was playing an Overwatch server this week for the first time (never played anything but original DayZ before this) and I jumped on the servers TS to team up with some people. After about an hour of trying to organize (they kept dying) they decided to try a lesser populated server because there were just "too many assholes who open fire." Worst part is we were trying to meet up as a bandit group. I managed to meet up with 1 of them and gave him one of the weapons I'd collected just for him to die 15 mins later. While all this is going on I'm on my 4th day playing on that server and still on my first life fully geared. I've only had to kill a handful of people to accomplish that. And no, I did not leave server with them.

That little story literally happened just as I said and just last night, I couldn't have asked for a better example. The bad players who WANT to be bandits, complain about getting shot by bandits. If you want to complain about bandits and expect people to give a shit, post your complaint with a screenshot of your humanity and you better be a hero. Otherwise you're just another bad kid complaining because he died to a better bandit than him.

-Rabid

• Like 2

Kill someone too quick, people hate on you. "Be a more creative bandit you KoS noob" people will say. Then you make a guy do half your work for you, you took a hostage without him knowing you could say. Got your work done in much less time and didn't instantly open fire on someone. You did what they asked, so they call you a dick. 

Correction, this community is composed of a few heroes, a lot of people who just like to shoot the shit, and a lot of bad players (non-KOS'ers not by choice) who hate on anyone who can outplay them. There really are a lot of bad players on these forums who just hate on anyone who can kill more efficiently than them. Most of these guys who hate all the bandits are not heroes, most of them are in bandit skins themselves I almost guarantee you. I'm not talking about the guys in this thread specifically just the bandit haters on these forums. I honestly don't understand how people have such a hard time dealing with other players, all I can come up with is that they must be very bad.

I was playing an Overwatch server this week for the first time (never played anything but original DayZ before this) and I jumped on the servers TS to team up with some people. After about an hour of trying to organize (they kept dying) they decided to try a lesser populated server because there were just "too many assholes who open fire." Worst part is we were trying to meet up as a bandit group. I managed to meet up with 1 of them and gave him one of the weapons I'd collected just for him to die 15 mins later. While all this is going on I'm on my 4th day playing on that server and still on my first life fully geared. I've only had to kill a handful of people to accomplish that. And no, I did not leave server with them.

That little story literally happened just as I said and just last night, I couldn't have asked for a better example. The bad players who WANT to be bandits, complain about getting shot by bandits. If you want to complain about bandits and expect people to give a shit, post your complaint with a screenshot of your humanity and you better be a hero. Otherwise you're just another bad kid complaining because he died to a better bandit than him.

-Rabid

I half way agree with your post. What I dont agree with is most people on here are bad at the game and etc. Most people on here are the more hardcore and better players out there. And of course some get mad and hate on others when someone kills them then rage on here.

Now thats not to say there are not bad players on here who hate on anyone who can kill them, of course there is.

I agree about not understanding how people have such a hard time dealing with people. I guess they just dont have the patients to be cautious. You can literally just sit back and watch people all day. Not to mention you can just avoid the high traffic areas and generally be ok. If you want nothing to do with PvP then head off the coast, grab the basic survival stuff (hunting knife, etc) and go survive. Maybe these basics just seem easier to me because I play the game way too much lol. And by no means am I one of the best players.

But even in places like Cherno and Elektro you can use caution and avoid PvP but there will be those times you cant. When you go to the coast you know what your getting yourself into.

I half way agree with your post. What I dont agree with is most people on here are bad at the game and etc. Most people on here are the more hardcore and better players out there. And of course some get mad and hate on others when someone kills them then rage on here.

Now thats not to say there are not bad players on here who hate on anyone who can kill them, of course there is.

Forgive my ranting nature. You're right a lot of the players on these forums are pretty die hard and good players. But I'm referring to the players chiming in on all the bandit hate threads. So often it's a guy with 9 posts and if you look through his last 5 posts they were all on threads that he just complained about bandits. They don't contribute to the community, they don't comment on new player threads offering advice, they just come on here and complain about bandits because they aren't good enough to evade or kill them.

• Like 1

After reading through the whole thing, not just reading the TL;DR thingy you have going on at the bottom of the post, here's my opinion on the matter:

You helped someone out, taught them how to play the game and its rules, set him off with gear and then I take it you split ways after reaching the trader?
(As far as I've gotten) and then after meeting up with him again, noticing he has good gear, good backpack and a good SUV you forgot how he trusted you, how you were halfway-through on making a friend and just decided to(pardon my language) fuck him over badly. If I were ever to do such a horrible thing as this one(I know it's a game and it's not meant to be taken seriously, but the game at least in my opinion acts like a real life simulator of what would happen in case of a zombie apocalypse which requires for you to use your real life judgments) as I was saying, if I were to do such a horrible thing as this one, I would do it slightly less evil, like taking his stuff, guns, damage his SUV slightly and leave him with that. Just seems horrible, something a bandit would do, but harsh non the less. Considering I dislike banditism or whatever this sort of gameplay it is you are pulling, I'm not very fond of you / the judgment you made in that scenario to kill him. :p

• Like 1

-Rabid

Dont correct me, ive been here for a long time. I know whats what.

SONOFABEECH!

You see stories like this play out in side chat a lot over time.

end with.. "Who fucking shot me?!"  'Friend'  says nothing or asks with false concern "Where did the shot come from?"  or said friend has already left the server. 

Friendship can be pretty temporary in DayZ especially those "I'm in Cherno, who wants to team up" type friendships

• Like 1

"I'm in Cherno, who wants to team up" type friendships

This made me chuckle :)

As for on topic matter; The game has, little to no rules giving you major freedom to play however you want(as long as it doesn't break any of the rules such as hacking/scripting and such.) While this is an option, people tend to sort of, abuse it? If you want to put it that way. I've seen plenty people both on forums and in game call themselves bandits, now the word bandit can, at least in this forum, mean multiple things, but the meaning of the word "bandit" I consider to be someone who for example pulls a guy over via voice/text chat asking him to place his gun on the ground, rob him and maybe in the worst case shoot the victims legs and run off with his gear. Now what some people here consider being a bandit is shooting everything that moves, breathes, is an object or life form and has a pulse. Which is the easiest way to play this game, you don't take any risks you just shoot everything. It's a lot harder to try and make friendships in game or talk to someone like a regular human being -would- do. Now, to not make this particular post look like a rant about bandits, here's something about "hero's". Most people here go around speaking of how much of a hero they are when in fact, they kill a good amount of people as well, because of good gear. I'm pretty beat of being killed on sight every now and then today so I'm going to go sleep now, enjoy reading this, hehe.

I shot a huey pilot, the unmanned chopper then crashed into cherno killing two random people.

proudest bandit moment?

I remember it was at night in starry

there was a storm rolling in from the north, the lightening illuminated the town and through my binos I just caught a brief glipmpse, a snapshot of 2 players down amongst the tents before they melted away back into the rain soaked darkness.

I put the binos away pulled out my military shotgun and headed off through the storm towards the tents

visibility was poor to say the least, and lightening only punctuated the darkness occasionally

but I had flares in my inventory

I had moved around to the wasteland area just behind the gaz, they were looting in a zig zag fashion and were about to emerge from the last tent when I threw the flare, I ran directly across to the opposite side and while they flapped and panicked about I open up with the shotgun

I got hit by zeds and had to get away, so didn't manage to profit from my courage, but I did see the 2 death messages appear in beautiful harmony with the thuds my shots and I felt pretty good about the outcome

Edited by LeeHarveyEnfield

I am a survivor but I arm myself for the sole reason to protect myself from the griefer who is not interested in my gear, only interested in killing people for the sake of killing people.

My philosophy is Dayz giveth and Dayz taketh away.

Get over it and go with your gut.

If you sense a threat then neutralize it.

GAME ON!

Top banditry moment?

On NWAF vanilla, find 4 guys repairing a huey. The rotor is spinning and they're taking off, i fire a shot off at the pilot but don't kill him, bloods pouring out of the cockpit. I'm on foot so i take off in the woods shadowing the chopper, after 5 minutes i come across it parked in a yard south of the airfield. I guess they figured it would take me alot longer to get there. Got myself in a good position and let rip. Dropped 3 in the first few seconds, had a protracted firefight with the 4th, managed to drop him when he darted from cover to avoid zeds. So, had 4 bodies with full gear and a fully functional huey. Loaded up the huey with the best of the gear and headed off. In the mean time, this guy and his mates are completely bitching me out over side. So i play possum a bit. "Im sorry, i'll give you the helo back."

So i arrange to meet up with him and his 3 mates ( Knowing full well they're going to try kill me when i land it ), So i tell them to rendezvous with me on berenzino docks ( they'd all rerolled and spawned northeast.) So, i take the chopper to the docks and wait till i can see at least 3, they're signaling for me to come down, i line up the chopper, full pelt towards the dock and ram it right into them. ( A dick move to be sure, but i was confident they were setting me up). The chopper hits the ground and blows 3 of them into the sea, rolls over and crushes a small industrial and kills the 4th. As i'm about 20 feet off the ground a shot rings out and breaks my leg. What followed was the most intense firefight i've ever had in dayz. I was facing off against at least 2 snipers, with no cover and broken legs. I dived into the sea, swam a small bit down the docks, mantled onto land and morphined, bandaged, then poked my head out above the dock, a shot rang out. Ducked back behind the dock and waited for them to make their move. Caught one of them moving up along the fence opposite the 3 large warehouses. Fired through the chainlink and dropped him. Ended up running into the other one in the alleyway behind the warehouses, I had my m14, he had his axe out dealing with a few zeds. Dropped him and looted all 6 of them. Ran north and found a UAZ parked behind a wall. All in all a great day. Much lulz were had. They were fucking freaking out over side and all's i was doing was laughing.

Best banditry bar none.

• Like 1