Sign in to follow this  
-Gews-

What's with the DMR / SVD?

Knowing how to shoot has nothing to do with fire rate of a gun. Because morons are out there spam shooting these guns, that warrants the nerfing of the fire rates for people that don't? 99% of the time I'm not gonna need to spam fire, but when a come around a corner in elektro or have a car blaring towards me, I'd like to be able to put some rounds toward it and fast.

It wasn't a serious response, mate.

Doesn't the M14 have fully automatic fire irl too?  Where is that in the mod?

Doesn't the M14 have fully automatic fire irl too?  Where is that in the mod?

Wasn't in ArmA either so it's not the mod's fault, although they could have added it.

I know, I'm just saying that the guns don't always have their rl performances in here.  It is a game after all.  If you're going to point out the DMR nerf, you might as well bring up the M14AIM's lack of rl features as well.  :)

If they keep on balancing the game, enfield, dmr and m 249 will have same value in game. If no gun is better than other then theres no need to look for better ones because there is none. Please add a weapon or buff existing instead of removing, nerfing. Guns should be deadly. And better wound system would be great.

I know, I'm just saying that the guns don't always have their rl performances in here.  It is a game after all.  If you're going to point out the DMR nerf, you might as well bring up the M14AIM's lack of rl features as well.  :)

It's pretty rare to find an automatic m14. First, the military barely uses them because they are hard to control. Second, automatic weapons are pretty hard to get a hold of on the civilian market anyway. I worked at a gun range nearly two years and I only saw a handful of automatics, they were all owned by old dudes with class III licenses.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

It's pretty rare to find an automatic m14. First, the military barely uses them because they are hard to control. Second, automatic weapons are pretty hard to get a hold of on the civilian market anyway. I worked at a gun range nearly two years and I only saw a handful of automatics, they were all owned by old dudes with class III licenses.

Sure but we have automatic guns all over the game, who cares about their availability in the civilian market, especially if the gun is only found in military locations. Isn't the point of this thread to be if the gun does xyz irl, it should do it in game too?

Sure but we have automatic guns all over the game, who cares about their availability in the civilian market, especially if the gun is only found in military locations. Isn't the point of this thread to be if the gun does xyz irl, it should do it in game too?

Well, the automatics you do find are military. So even if the m14 was military, it would probably not be an automatic.

I think we're splitting hairs here anyway. It's a powerful gun and it doesn't really need to be automatic. But I disagree with limiting the semi auto rate. Just amping up the recoil should do the trick as far as balancing goes.

Woooooo 600 posts.

If you're going to point out the DMR nerf, you might as well bring up the M14AIM's lack of rl features as well.  :)

Well, like I said that is BIS' fault, nothing to do with the mod. I don't expect the mod team to create another ACE2, I just don't want them deliberately making things worse...

Well, the automatics you do find are military. So even if the m14 was military, it would probably not be an automatic.

I think we're splitting hairs here anyway. It's a powerful gun and it doesn't really need to be automatic. But I disagree with limiting the semi auto rate. Just amping up the recoil should do the trick as far as balancing goes.

Woooooo 600 posts.

Congrats!

One thing I can think of that is positive for limiting the fire rate of the DMR that recoil wouldn't help, would be someone running in a CQBing with it.  With the nerf in place, it limits the amount of blasting away someone can do in a 3rd person situation (where recoil changes designed for scoped use wouldn't have an effect).  I was using one yesterday and had a zombie bumrush me.  I could probably click 3-4 times rapidly for every shot the DMR would spit out.  So, going into a grocery and performing a spray and pray cant be done as well anymore... which I think has the proper effect if its supposed to be used as a sniper rifle.

a DMR/SVD would not have that much kick irl, and a grown man could easily control it no matter the firing rate 

not if you are shooting moving or with the stance survivors have while on their feet imo.

different recoil would be better than slowing a weapon designed to fire as fast as your finger goes. in the distance you should have trouble to stay on target if you shoot like 90% of ''sharp''shooters do in dayz

Your more then welcome to create a fix. It would be quicker

Create a fix?

Would require testing the effect of different recoil arrays and that kind of stuff in-game... sure, if it's okay with you why not.

IE recreate the configs for the snipers with the changes you feel better match the weapons then drop it on github. this would be a much quicker way for us to get it added into the next build and for you to get the realism you require :-)

• Like 2

IE recreate the configs for the snipers with the changes you feel better match the weapons then drop it on github. this would be a much quicker way for us to get it added into the next build and for you to get the realism you require :-)

Alright, might require a couple days. :thumbsup:

Edited by Gews

Why didn't arma model them correctly in the first place? Was it that hard?