Sign in to follow this  
Carls Frank

How far can 20L take you?

I was just curious about how far a jerry can is able to take you in a helicopter in meters if anyone knows.

I'm repairing a black bird at black mountain and need to fly to the Krasnostav fuel pump for more refueling.

20l isn't enough for more than starting the engine and flying around 200 meters.

As long as the heli isnt leaking any and you can land quickly you should be able to make it to the NEAF on 20l, it'll be cutting it close though.

You can actually get the Huey from Skalisty Island where it spawns over to Kamyshovo docks on one Jerrycan. It's proven, it's part of our pilottrainings and it works really well. Now - the distance from where it spawns is 1.2 km and from Black Mountain to NEAF refuel it's about 2km. So you will make it on 2 jerry's easy.

• Like 1

You can actually get the Huey from Skalisty Island where it spawns over to Kamyshovo docks on one Jerrycan.

Really? That's pretty cool.

Choppers autonomy isnt tell with distance but with time. That said, with 20L you may get 4 minutes of working engine, including takeoff and landing. So you will roughly have 1 minute or so in the air (unless you're a pro landing the heli).

Choppers autonomy isnt tell with distance but with time. That said, with 20L you may get 4 minutes of working engine, including takeoff and landing. So you will roughly have 1 minute or so in the air (unless you're a pro landing the heli).

Never 4 minutes. And being said you can make it that far from Skalisty to refuel at the docks you have to autorotate it down on to the docks (without the engine).

Before I knew where all the refuel stations were I took a heli from Skallisty  to Elektro on 2 or 3 jerries. But you can safely take a heli from Stary to Novy on one jerry.

Just tried it in the editor, takes about 1m30s to get from black mountain to the neaf.

Not sure how to set it to exactly 20l so i just put it down to one little sliver of fuel.

Could of got it right next to the fuel container if recording didnt drop me down to 10fps.

So is it possible? i reckon

Advisable? probably not

Edited by Fluxley

Not too bad of a piloting there, Fluxley. Especially considering you're not using TrackIR. But that landing-flare is horrible.

• Like 1

I'd never do this. 100L minimum is my advice, as it never fails and if something goes wrong you may have enough to fix things or get out to another, safer, place.

I don't think you could make it to Krasnotav but that's based off of zero maths.

I'd recommend going to a farm and using its fuel pump, preferably an out-of-the-way barn, not one near NEAF.

Alright. I have to say that I haven't been flying for a while so the skill showing in the next 2 videos is mildly okay. I also fucked up the sound, but it shows what is possible with 1 jerry can:

• Like 1

Alright. I have to say that I haven't been flying for a while so the skill showing in the next 2 videos is mildly okay. I also fucked up the sound, but it shows what is possible with 1 jerry can:

Very nice, did you happen to just leave the engine running and time exactly how long 20L lasts?

You can actually get the Huey from Skalisty Island where it spawns over to Kamyshovo docks on one Jerrycan. It's proven, it's part of our pilottrainings and it works really well. Now - the distance from where it spawns is 1.2 km and from Black Mountain to NEAF refuel it's about 2km. So you will make it on 2 jerry's easy.

10L actually, when i setup that mission i think i had it at something silly like 8-12L xD

• Like 1

Very nice, did you happen to just leave the engine running and time exactly how long 20L lasts?

If you watch the videos closely you will see it's on a DayZ-Server and I use actual 20l Jerry-Cans.

If you watch the videos closely you will see it's on a DayZ-Server and I use actual 20l Jerry-Cans.

Yeah, i saw that.

I'm just asking if you timed how long 1 jerry can lasts.

• Like 1

Oh, sorry. Misunderstood you there. Yeah - I can do that.

Done - almost 3 minutes with one Can.

• Like 1

Oh, sorry. Misunderstood you there. Yeah - I can do that.

Done - almost 3 minutes with one Can.

Cool, good to know.