Housedog

" This MOD is just becoming to hard to play ! "

I call it respawn simulator now ;-)

Spawned 4 times yesterday evening, got shot 3 times point blank by bandits (yes they need my bandage and my painkiller), the 4th time a Zed got me, i used my bandage, 5 minutes later another zed spawned right behind me and i bleed to death ...

I'll say it again since no one seems to get it: Cans and bottles are for getting zombies out of buildings. You toss them onto a street or against a building nearby and the ones inside come outside. Give it a few tries, then you don't end up wasting ammo.

Getting started without a squad and a truckload of guns to back you up is ridiculous now. Starting out with nothing leads to some great PvE gameplay but it is also a horrible PvP mechanic.

There have always been a significant number of people trolling the starter areas ambushing newly spawned players. How in the hell is taking away any means of defending yourself at the start supposed to help this?

I love the PvE gameplay the limited EQ spawns bring but until there is a working mechanic to discourage players from shooting each other for lulz we're gonna need something for defense. Even a makarov with 1 clip would be enough.

This game has turned into DayProneZ, now with more greiffing.

Ok i have an m16 4 clips and an M9sd with 2 clips had more a LOT more stored in my truck but its vanished after updating today to 1.7.1.5 from 1.7.0.

I have NVGs and im finding it impossible to go near sheds or lone constructs let alone a F&^King town ! so far i have used most of my M9sd ammo because guess what if you do make it past the Zs unseen IF ! you get to the shed and F&^K me theres a Z in there .

Now i have a supressed pistol for how long im not sure but what the F&^k do you do if you havent ? moving is a death sentence let alone firing a non supressed weapon !.

I cant imagine what it must be like for the new guys , run all that way to a shed with out a gun PHEW to only get there an aggro a mob thats inside result probably in death .

JESUS HOW HARD IS THE GAME GOING TO GET ?

I thought 1.70 was fine fair risk and reward , i found the zombies still to be challanging in that version it was fine i open up im gonna attract a few but il clear the area and move on ! now as mentioned you fire your almost screwed for sure.

If the SAS and millita hardcores out there want to crank it up cant this be done through game settings ? if not why dose every server have to update cant we just have some goo back to running 1.70 ?

Im kinda confused i wanna play but am just finding it too hard so what do i do and the others like me do ?

I expect a lot of grief for sure but i had to write this im close to crying !

Thx community for listening.

Prone a lot and observe your surroundings.

Plus find a crossbow, they are baller

Don't make the same mistakes over and over again. If one strategy doesn't work then use a different approach and always be aware of your surroundings. Learn to adapt to changes because believe you me, more are on the way.

Even if you do all that your character might just randomly panic and you will die. Game mechanics that take away 100% control of character are annoying.

Even if you do all that your character might just randomly panic and you will die. Game mechanics that take away 100% control of character are annoying.

I have never had that happen to me and ive been in all kinds of sticky situations. Unless your talking about going unconscious from blood loss.

I love how everywhere I go, I see the same advice.

"go prone." "search barns." "use cover."

As if nobody did already.

Okay this post is simply just to vent, hah. So no need to read it for those who care not what I say.

*clears throat*

First of all, I love the realism in this game. I think it's about time that a game that's actually challenging and utilizes realistic actions for realistic reactions.

Now that being said, the bugs are what make it not so realistic (duh, obviously it's a video game). Okay cool, that's fine I still want my 2 cents out there.

I have read comments and watched videos on all sorts of strats and like it's been said on this thread, go prone, find barns, throw cans, even throw smoke or any other device that lights up to distract the Zeds.

However, I have literally tried everything I've seen or that has been recommended for a strategy yet I still cannot find a weapon, I still have Zeds attack me through doors, and I still have Zeds agro from far away despite me being prone and making the minimal noise. I run, and I run, and I run trying to distance me from the Zeds but they never slow down. I try and LOS (Line of Site) them but nothing works they stick on me like glue. - This could be realistic, don't get me wrong. But I get so disgruntled with how it originates. I'm doing everything I can to be stealthy, watch their walking patterns, throw tin cans, use my environment to reduce visibility but it all ends in the same spot - me dead on the ground.

I have re-started at least 6 times today. Some runs are longer then others (which get me excited) but I always wind up dead. I've been murdered a few times by bandits, that's fine it's the way the game goes. But the glitches, or the sensitivity of the zeds seems to be a real pain in the butt. Not starting out with a pistol any more is pretty frustrating as it was stated in the thread as well, you have zero protection upon spawning. I accept this modification however of not starting with a wep cause realistically not every human on the planet would start with a gun - I know I wouldn't.

So I wrote this for two reasons, A) because the frustration has been building up all day and for the past couple days, and also to give me a break from the game as it's getting bloody well insane! But I do finally enjoy a hell of a challenege no doubt, I just find some situations a bit unfair due to glitches. Then again, when in life are things ever fair.

Happy huntin' ladies and gents. :D

Are you serious...

This game is far too easy. It needs to be made harder..

Me and my friends just run in buildings shoot any zombies and loot and run off again.. rinse and repeat.

I think the main problem is that the zombies are unbelievably alert. I watched a DayZ review the other day before I decided to download it and for the majority of the time the guy was able to creep around the zombies.

I found a totally different story, when I spawn I usually can move within 200m and suddenly every zombie within a small area flies at me. To the extent the server before had 38 people on and yes even though I was a noob I wanted it to be a bit more immersive in the starting areas... anyway there were 230 spawned zombies. I was at the factory above solnichniy and I counted 27 zombies... that was more than 10% of the zombie population hunting just me. What was even more odd is I climbed up onto one of the roofs and within the space of about 3 minutes every single one of those zombies were for some reason heading right towards me... I logged out and and back in and they all had despawned, so I assume they were meant for me.

So basically I don't think that this game is too hard, its just that this game is in an Alpha stage so there are bound to be balance issues (xray vision zombies)

Hard? If you don't know what you're doing, then yes. I've been playing on one character by myself for a good amount of time, and I can always find food and water after a good amount of searching.

i lost a 30 day old character today, when he started i had a mak so this was my first taste of no starter weapon. I made the mistake of going into town with no weapon...died.

then tried to find a deer stand with weapons..died because i wasnt careful enough

snuck into a barn, found a shotgun, agroed one...shot...agroed all...died.

carefully found an m9 with sd rounds in deer stand..made my way to stary found an m16 with rounds..made way to nw airfield found an SD m4 with SD rounds....now i have all but the most rare gear back.

lesson: yes starting with no gear can be tough, just be careful, pick what locations are worth the risk and which ones aren't.

My advice would be this, deer stands find a pistol or rifle. CAREFULLY approach a supermarket here you should find all survival gear except an ax.

find an ax in most any of the low yield indy buildings. You now have the ability to regain blood lost and will have a good amount of bandages and food supplies. I would sneak around into low yeild military areas and deer stands until you find a nice weapon preferably with sd ammo

shoot as little as possible, avoid fields, anytime youre going somewhere with rare equipment possible(helis the airfield etc) play as if there is a sniper behind every bush and be very aware of your surroundings.

I just love coming on to threads like these were noobs expect to run into a town of zombies and get away unharmed.

This isn't CoD, L4D, Zombie Panic, Black Ops Zombies. You can't bunny hop to victory.

Play it smart. Stay safe and MOST IMPORTANTLY!! SNEAK!!! FFS.

Stop crying about a game being too hard. I only had the game 2 days ago and now I'm doing fine. Sneaking my way into airfields, getting good gear and just pwning the lil bitches crying about this game too hard because they think they can apply their other game techniques into this one.

I love it when I see noobs running straight down Elektro or Cherno with a pack of 20+ Zeds behind them. What I love even more is planting a bullet in their heads and sending them back to the beach where they belong.

Going prone without a weapon and your just an easy target for other players.

Just keep running to the nearest town, through buildings and out the otherside. You'll soon lose all the zombies. If you know where your going it's easy to find a weapon. Once you got a weapon then you can do some sneaking.

Anyone who tries to shoot you near the coast more than likely has an inaccurate weapon so your harder to hit when sprinting. Works everytime for me.

well put it this way, if you got shot and started to bleed, there is a good chance you will pass out from bloodloss, the only thing i dont agree with is getting punched by a zombie and instantly start bleeding, you would never bleed from betting punched, if you got scratched you would bleed for a few mins but you would barely lose 200 blood, if you got bit mabey 600 at the most, but i have been walking along a road and a zombie sees me from got knows where, and he runs over to me and punches me one time, i lose 2000 blood before it stops bleeding or i bandage myself, how in the hell is that realistic? i can understand getting shot, first of all getting shot shouldnt reduce your blood by 8000, you should have some kind of pain mechanism, passing out from pain from being shot makes sense, what i have been thinking is:

Pain Response - Getting shot no longer reduces your blood instantly, instead your pain meter will go down after being shot, the closer to flashing red your pain meter is the more of a chance you pass out from the pain.

New Blood System - if you get scratched punched or bit instead of it instantly taking it out on the blood, you will start losing blood normally, and after so and so amount of time it will stop bleeding unless you bandage yourself beforehand, but now the inital hit will be pain instead of blood.

Body System - If you get shot your body is going to be less useful, get shot in the arm, its going to be alot harder to aim a gun, you will have less accuracy and you will probably get pain from using that arm, in the leg? you will run slower and get pain from running, walking will still be normal and less pain from walking, head? you pass out instantly and probably die straight out from trama if not then you slowely bleed while having a large pass out, and body, if you didnt die from the hit then you get pain and trauma and you start to bleed, the bleeding of a body doesnt stop like it would for an arm or leg.

Trauma System - this is the new bloodloss system, when you get hit or shot you will lose trauma, instead of having 12000 blood you would have more like 8000 (around 8 pints of blood is normal i believe) and you would have another 4000 trauma, when you get hit you lose trauma, when you use painkillers you gain trauma back, 2000 per morphine would suffice, lets say you get hit by a zombie, most likely the most you would get hurt with trauma would be 100 isnt life threatening, you may or may not bleed and you would get some pain, that shit hurts, if you get bit then you would bleed and it would hurt like hell, and you would probably suffer a bigger amount of trauma (assuming these zombies do bit or plan to bite) and then we have getting shot, you would suffer alot of trauma and possibly die depending on where you got shot and what gun, bigger guns like snipers or getting sprayed by a assult rifle will kill you dead, getting shot in the left from a pistol would hurt and you wouldnt be able to run as well, but you wouldnt die from a shot to the leg, ever.

So having thought this through as far as i can tell this would be more along the lines of realistic, i mean personally the bodily trauma of getting shot in the head would kill you, you would bleed but not forever from a hit from a zombie, expanding the system this way personally makes me think this would be more realistic which i assume is what this game is going for.

HAhaha this game is "too hard"? LOL kidding right?

Clearly you're not doing it right. Myself and my buddies have had our characters for awhile now. Now we're just running from town to town looking for a car cause we've never found one yet.

All I can say is go slow. If u agro 1 or 2 zombies RUN! Go thru buildings and around corners TRYING NOT TO pick up a whole zombie train in the process.

If you do get a train going, See rule 1, RUN! Same thing, thru buildings and around corners. Sometimes come to a stop around a corner and crouch. See if u lost them yet. It will work.

Also try playing on a server that is late afternoon into dusk. As it gets darker your eye and ear sound meters go way down. You can crouch run practically invisible. And its still light enough for you.

Game is not hard. Challenging at times, yes.

This game has turned into DayProneZ' date=' now with more greiffing.

[/quote']

I find the sheer brilliance of your word play both breathtaking and astounding.

I've spent countless hours studying this post in an attempt to conjure something of my own making which could even begin to match the prowess on display - Nothing has come close, however. I can aspire.

Ok i have an m16 4 clips and an M9sd with 2 clips had more a LOT more stored in my truck but its vanished after updating today to 1.7.1.5 from 1.7.0.

Vehicles don't surive more than 7 days, if they are not used.. if you've been hording a vehicle, and can't be bothered to update the client *6* times from when you last played, then you deserve to lose it..

Also.. that's a hell of a long time for someone to wander by and just drive all your stuff away, in one easily packaged container...

Lesson one : pay attention to your surroundings at all times.. this includes the software and patches.

Are you serious...

This game is far too easy. It needs to be made harder..

Me and my friends just run in buildings shoot any zombies and loot and run off again.. rinse and repeat.

Wait wait. You happen to have 10 vehicles and tents full of military gear? You play with 5-10 people? PLZ JUST GTFO

HAhaha this game is "too hard"? LOL kidding right?

Clearly you're not doing it right. Myself and my buddies have had our characters for awhile now. Now we're just running from town to town looking for a car cause we've never found one yet.

All I can say is go slow. If u agro 1 or 2 zombies RUN! Go thru buildings and around corners TRYING NOT TO pick up a whole zombie train in the process.

If you do get a train going' date=' See rule 1, RUN! Same thing, thru buildings and around corners. Sometimes come to a stop around a corner and crouch. See if u lost them yet. It will work.

Also try playing on a server that is late afternoon into dusk. As it gets darker your eye and ear sound meters go way down. You can crouch run practically invisible. And its still light enough for you.

Game is not hard. Challenging at times, yes.

[/quote']

You're quite something aren't you.

I've personally never found this game hard, in fact, I really don't agree with making it easier since once you get the hang of the fundamental game mechanics, it really is easy. Most (and by most, I really do mean pretty much all) of my deaths have been from bugs, I've decided to not do things that are possible but have a chance to kill you now (Climbing barbed wire, closing doors unless I'm REALLY at max distance from it, not vaulting over things etc) and even my first ever life I lasted a few hours, found a gun, got a murder and about 20 Zed kills..

BUT, I also play with friends now (didn't for my first week) and let me tell you, it's a stupidly easier game. The difference is out standing, so please, don't try to make yourself sound like Rambo, the minute you said "me and my buddies all credibility went out the window with all your "LOLOLOL You're joking right?!?! lololololol" crap.

But I do agree that this game should be made harder. I found found 5 vehicles in the last 24 hours, and in the last week I think it's been 9. Found all solo except for one (which, we crashed) all on foot, and all repaired by someone else. I keep hearing how their so rare, but their not (Yet to find a bicycle, I REALLY want one! and a chopper, though found a chopper crash site). I've only had a couple of military grade weapons but to be honest, my most kitted out character was the most boring. I become more reckless when I'm kitted out since finding stuff is the fun part. Most of my findings of anything have been solo, my most deaths were in the first day of playing until I changed my tactics until one worked. Haven't died from thirst/hunger, haven't gotten sick, haven't been killed by a sniper or a single walker, only hordes. Once all the bugs have gone and it's out of Alpha, this game will be far to easy for those who learn to adapt their play style instead of headbutting the same fail tactic into the wall over and over.

Hey Izziee, what ur beef with me? Your post and my post say the exact same thing, albeit you said it nicer is all. Way to go man.

I didn't try to sound like Rambo but if thats what u read into my post then I get ur hostility. I dont dig people like that either. But I can tell by ur post ur a survivor. Wether alone or with a friend. Just like me.

Don't u agree if people fail enough times and can't get the hang of it that it then drives them to the forums where they grief about the "games porked, the games to hard" that they're doing it wrong. Like come on! The game IS NOT TO HARD. <--- and that does not make me a rambo dude. Being able to get off the beach everytime, finding loot and a weapon everytime, and meeting up with friends inland EVERYTIME, makes me a Rambo. Booya mofo!