Sign in to follow this  
pbrunk

xBow as a secondary

The crossbow is really just a novelty item right now. I am sure someone will comment and say "i get kills all the time with the cross bow". Maybe thats true, but they would be getting more with the double barrel.

So yeah the crossbow sucks against players. It just can't compete with other primaries. If the crossbow was made a secondary though, I think it would get much more use. You could have compltely silent secondary as opposed to a Markov SD, or whatever is getting used these days.

So r4zor if you see this, xbow as a secondary in 1.9 please.

• Like 2

*Waits for "that's what she said" *

• Like 8

Instead of the secondary slot it should be able to go into the carrying slot added in 1.8, its a too big to go into the secondary slot

*Waits for "that's what she said" *

I really really want to! Can I?

Back to topic now: Meh. I'm  not sure if anyone would use it. It's not that good against zeds.

• Like 1

The crossbow is better than the double barrel, unless you have pellets.

I would like for the crossbow the have some better sights, a bit of zeroing, and a quiver.

You could hold several bolts directly onto the built in quiver thing for quicker reloading (Im thinking something similar with a special shotgun stock).

An on person quiver is needed though either a hip or over the shoulder mounted, depending on the arrow/ bolt length I suppose.

The crossbow needs some work. The sights are off and are way too small to see when you're aiming it down. The crossbow seems to be rarely used as well..

I'd like to see the crossbow being used as a secondary.

The crossbow is better than the double barrel, unless you have pellets.
I would like for the crossbow the have some better sights, a bit of zeroing, and a quiver.
You could hold several bolts directly onto the built in quiver thing for quicker reloading (Im thinking something similar with a special shotgun stock).
An on person quiver is needed though either a hip or over the shoulder mounted, depending on the arrow/ bolt length I suppose.

Quiver is already in the mod. You just need to right click on the arrow/bolt. I can agree with the rest. There needs to be a scoped variant.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

The crossbow needs some work. The sights are off and are way too small to see when you're aiming it down. The crossbow seems to be rarely used as well..

I'd like to see the crossbow being used as a secondary.

I find saying using it as a secondary is limiting.

I don't think we should have primaries and secondaries.

We should have items, that's all.

They shouldn't have different inventory behaviour other than space.

Of course you wouldn't be able to fit an AR in your shirt or a crossbow.

A gun should be a hard item to manage IMO maybe you could get a strap and keep it over your back as an easy out of trying to fit it in a bag or something else.

But by not having it covered up... Everyone can see it now, they see you have some pretty good gear hanging off your shoulders and decide to wait untill you've stopped so they can get a good headshot so they don't damage your loot.

Where if you choose the compact guns you can keep them concealed easier.

You might choose to only carry an SMG which you can easily slip in and out of a bag.

Larger guns might have to be disassembled to fit into bags without poking out the top maybe to receiver from bottom halving the length taking about an extra 20 seconds to quickly fit the pieces and set in whatever pins or method of connecting the two halos of the receiver use.

I'm thinking total carry load should be limited by a realistic strength idea.

You could carry several hundred kilos... Of stuff all over your person.

But the second limiting factor should be fatigue and stamina.

Not many would be able move more than a few hundred metres with 150 kg of extra weight.

I'm relatively small and I know I can lift more than 96kg on my shoulders and that's the max I've tried because the step machine at the place only goes up to 96kg of weight on your shoulders.

But I doubt I could run too far with it even though it don't seem like much for a single step.

Sometimes I write things and I forget I've written stuff above what I can see :)

Agreed, Lawyer Gews has agreed and the jury (AP_Norris, TIC321, Narkoman14) have agreed.

*Slams mallet*.

Accepted, the OP's topic is now "Worthwhile", Un-Cuff him and give him beans.

• Like 2

Agreed, Lawyer Gews has agreed and the jury (AP_Norris, TIC321, Narkoman14) have agreed.

*Slams mallet*.

Accepted, the OP's topic is now "Worthwhile", Un-Cuff him and give him beans.

Administering beans.

It's too big.

If this guy can do this you should be able to do what's asked for above. :lol:

SDUKt.jpg

• Like 2

I shot a hatchet dude in his head and it was glorious. I even had a random with me I met earlier. Only he knows it's true.

But it is not a good weapon against other armed players. It doesn't do much damage, the arrow travels slow and drops fast, the sights are f'd up (Even though you can use them if you know how, I do) and takes ages to reload. Getting a 200 meter hit is like getting a 3km hit with a M107.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

If this guy can do this you should be able to do what's asked for above. :lol:

SDUKt.jpg

Is he holding a... well, everything? I would like to see a smaller version of the xbow that could be a secondary, one shot MISS second xbow HIT.  But rocket said on twitter he is taking a break from the forums WHICH IS WHY NO DAYZ DEVS WILL ANSWER THIS!

Edited by creeperbane

I shot a hatchet dude in his head and it was glorious. I even had a random with me I met earlier. Only he knows it's true.

But it is not a good weapon against other armed players. It doesn't do much damage, the arrow travels slow and drops fast, the sights are f'd up (Even though you can use them if you know how, I do) and takes ages to reload. Getting a 200 meter hit is like getting a 3km hit with a M107.

An arrow isn't the kind of kinetic energy projectile as a firearm, you would expect that kind of lesser damage to happen. It's like beeing stabbed from a distance more or less...if you are lucky you hit something vital. If you wanted to one hit kill a person with an arrow would have to be like 2m long and 10cm in diameter to compensate the size difference to like small game to an arrow.

I had one occasion where i needed 2 arrows for a zed.

Edited by Enforcer

If the sights worked you could make the arrow as weak as you wanted because everybody would be getting headshots with their aiming.