anderse

Are Donator perks the biggest bullshit out there?

It doesn't matter how you poor, poor people feel about it. It's their servers and they get to make their own rules, what they are doing is completely legal. Deal w/ it.

Whining here changes nothing.

You seem to assume that we are whining in the first place, when we're just pointing out stupid where it is seen. Not too difficult in this case.

• Like 3

You seem to assume that we are whining in the first place, when we're just pointing out stupid where it is seen. Not too difficult in this case.

Whatever you wish to believe.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how you poor, poor people feel about it. It's their servers and they get to make their own rules, what they are doing is completely legal. Deal w/ it.

I think the whole concept of an open forum totally confounds you.

Yes, it's their servers but it's still totally fucking stupid.

Baddies are abusing the fact that DayZ is an open mod and using it to their advantage because they can't play on an even field - for countless years there have been countless games that people have donated to servers and expected nothing in return - y'know, like an actual donation.

• Like 2

And you can stop quoting only half of the sentence, you clown. I said, "at least spawn with same gear as any other survivor".

But as you can not even read, I'm not going to waste any more time replying to you. And oh, I will still complain about servers, whether you like it or not.

There was no need to quote the whole sentence...my point is valid either way.

U complain all u want lad...still isnt up to u what admins do with their server, and I can tell they dont give a shit what u think. Wanna know why? Because u moan, complain and whine like a bitch on the forum about it.

I bet they are open to suggestions from non bitching ppl....but that sure ass hell dosent include u

He can complain about what he wishes, it's a community forum.

Oh the redundancy...well its a community forum, im voicing my opinion. But im pretty sure I didnt have to explicitly say that...

Oh the redundancy...well its a community forum, im voicing my opinion. But im pretty sure I didnt have to explicitly say that...

You also didn't have to tell him to shut his mouth either, but ya' did.

He's entitled to your opinion as much as you are. Whether or not the server owners care is far from the point, that isn't what this is about. OP isn't calling out server owners he's calling out the concept of 'donations' as a whole. You're pretty far off the point of the thread.

Gentlemen.

Please stop insulting each other.

Thank you.

--

How else do you expect the admins to pay for their hosting?

Quit whining just because you don't have $$$$

On our servers, we do not have the pay to win crap--no one can buy their loudouts or anything like that. And yet, we do just fine with donations.

I don't see how you concluded that.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

I don't take donations from anybody as it causes issues and provides me the freedom to run the server as I wish. Alot of players who die in a PvP encounter seem to feel the admin had a hand in their death, which is absolute garbage. 

I'm sure their alot of sketchy servers out there along with deviant admins who run them, but with so many choices, it shouldn't be too hard finding a place to hang your hat.

• Like 2

What you THINK is okay, and what is legal have no correlation between each other. Shop owners rent out their spaces from other people and use that space to make money.

If you have a problem with it, report it to the authorities. Whining here changes nothing.

Whinning in hear does do something. It lets the creators of the SA know what hardcore players dont in the game.

How can someone possibly wanna play on a server where you can spawn with better gear if you pay money? THE POINT WITH THE GAME IS TO NOT SPAWN WITH ANYTHING, or at least spawning exactly like other survivors in the game. I can not understand how admins or players can support this in DayZ. Fair enough for any other game, but this goes against the concept of DayZ. Literally makes me sick seeing players on a server using this. If you need donations come up with another solution for goodness' sake. But then again I guess it's already well known that this mod has been overtaken by kids and deathmatch fans, considering there are basically no serious and hardcore servers exisiting anymore.

Yes they are and it's only making the KOS problem worse. If you want a donation free server and enjoy or want to try epoch come on by. Server pop aint great as its still a new server, but you can play donater free. 

Legal doesnt make something right. imo taking a game that people have already paid for then adding "perks" for "donations" in which people have to pay or either be at a sizable disadvantage is an exploitation. The people that profit from these servers dont give a sht about the game, they just make moany off of the influx of noobs coming into the game and want to take the easy road. And they are ruining the game for those who want play anything other than a purely competitve shooter.

The same way they paid for servers before donation gear came out. They get a fucking job. 

• Like 2

This is not true! It's been weeks since the last time i ran into a server like that. 

You must be looking at the wrong kind of server. "1000+ vehicles, etc."

I would say 80% of non vanilla servers are P2W. I check out every website for every server I think about joining and trust me I ignore 1000 vehicle servers or any seemingly "easy mode" server. This especially applies to Epoch but also to DayZ servers that are non vanilla.

OP P2W is the biggest BS out there for anyone who doesnt wasnt to play a pure competitve shooter because when you start out with full miltary gear thats what this game becomes. Not only that it becomes a competitve shooter in which you have to pay extra in order to be competitve (of course good players can still be competitive but that doesnt negate the fact they are at a good sized disadvantage).

The fact that a player can spawn in and go straight to a good sniping hill to start killing anyone they can and not even have to worry about dying because they can just do it again is what can ruin this game.

And the fact that these people can pick thier spawn and make it back to you in 10 min or even less is another thing that can ruin this game.

• Like 3

OP P2W is the biggest BS out there for anyone who doesnt wasnt to play a pure competitve shooter because when you start out with full miltary gear thats what this game becomes. Not only that it becomes a competitve shooter in which you have to pay extra in order to be competitve (of course good players can still be competitive but that doesnt negate the fact they are at a good sized disadvantage).

The fact that a player can spawn in and go straight to a good sniping hill to start killing anyone they can and not even have to worry about dying because they can just do it again is what can ruin this game.

And the fact that these people can pick thier spawn and make it back to you in 10 min or even less is another thing that can ruin this game.

+1

• Like 1

upto 500 a month for covering server costs when servers are as little as 20-30 dollars :rolleyes:

even the dearest servers with high spec dediboxes are like 100 a month. you do the maths !

im  all for covering the costs but making a profit out of stuff you dont own or have the right to and basically exploiting the game is biggest joke in this game.

• Like 4

And oh, I've soon donated €35 to dayzero, where all you get is a donator skin. You donate to get a reserved server slot, and supporting the mod. That's the way to do it, not mocking the gameplay by destroying the concept (everyone starting the same). Honestly I don't care about all these private joke servers, but it is hilarious to see how they are creating some sort of pay 2 win and then calling it DayZ. It's not like I'm playing on them and then complain about not finding another server or that people kill me unfairly. In one way it's not unfair, since you decide to play on such server where this is tolerated. Anyway it's very very fascinating to see how DayZ can be dragged down and humiliated to such level, and it still surprises me the success it has.

• Like 1

if some arsehole can monetise something they will monetise something, that's the be all and end all of it. greedy pricks are the ones doing it, and CoD kiddies looking for a way in to the game are the ones buying into it - pricks all the same :)

• Like 1

Well I recently spend the last 3 weeks playing on a server, and logged in last night to find they had added self blood bagging and donation perks

Checked the donator gear and it's all top level stuff and straight away spotted a 4 man squad with verchiles (admin replaces all lost verchiles once every 24 hours to donators)

And they also all had dmrs and the best backpacks, plus them and others were taunting the other players who hadn't donated

Ruined my play on that server and I'm not going back

And they even had the nerve to write on their picture on the loading screen "vanilla dayz" and also in the title of the server

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 4

Well I recently spend the last 3 weeks playing on a server, and logged in last night to find they had added self blood bagging and donation perks

Checked the donator gear and it's all top level stuff and straight away spotted a 4 man squad with verchiles (admin replaces all lost verchiles once every 24 hours to donators)

And they also all had dmrs and the best backpacks, plus them and others were taunting the other players who hadn't donated

Ruined my play on that server and I'm not going back

And they even had the nerve to write on their picture on the loading screen "vanilla dayz" and also in the title of the server

It's stuff like that that totally ruins any good server.

Skins I can maybe understand as long as they are not too camouflaged, but guns?

It just defeats the entire purpose of the game, like completely makes the game pointless - once you are geared the game is just a bad PvP sandbox, if you want to just shoot each other why don't you play something like Battlefield or Call of Duty which centres the entire game around the shooting aspect.

Playing DayZ and skipping the whole early survival part is utterly stupid.

• Like 1

How can someone possibly wanna play on a server where you can spawn with better gear if you pay money? THE POINT WITH THE GAME IS TO NOT SPAWN WITH ANYTHING, or at least spawning exactly like other survivors in the game. I can not understand how admins or players can support this in DayZ. Fair enough for any other game, but this goes against the concept of DayZ. Literally makes me sick seeing players on a server using this. If you need donations come up with another solution for goodness' sake. But then again I guess it's already well known that this mod has been overtaken by kids and deathmatch fans, considering there are basically no serious and hardcore servers exisiting anymore.

But choice is good - we should have choice, choice should be EVERYWHERE because it's good and it's good because it's choice! :rolleyes:

Choice = watering down things until the thing you started with isn't recognisable anymore.

Get a job? I know... it's a lot to ask of someone to pay for their own crap. 

I rent a server from HFB Servers and I pay for it myself. I don't ask people to donate, not even my friends, I do it because I want a place to play where I know the admins won't cheat and/or alter the rules of the server to something I don't want to play. I don't try and make money off my server or even try and get the rental free by making others pay it. 

What you THINK is okay, and what is legal have no correlation between each other. Shop owners rent out their spaces from other people and use that space to make money.

If you have a problem with it, report it to the authorities. Whining here changes nothing.

You are correct, what is ETHICAL and what is LEGAL are two very different things. Something being legal doesn't mean the person doing it isn't a total douchebag in every way imaginable. Yes we have no legal recourse so the only recourse we have is to discuss it and maybe make some of those who might have considered paying for such a thing rethink their purchase. If we don't support these people they won't be able to do it. 

• Like 3

With this new clothing system coming in. The donator perks can be reduced to where characters will start out with just better clothing perhaps?