JPWiser

Helicopter stolen again... le sigh....

Vehicles should stay how they are in DayZ Vanilla. If you want vehicles with keys, go buy one from a trader in DayZ Epoch. Seriously, you can do that- go check it out.

Realistically though.. most vehicles need a key to actually turn on and use.. unless you hot wire it. Which would be the new means to hijack someone. I've seen that mode.. and I like that system and their base building system for the most part.. they should be in the Day Z Vanilla in my opinion. 

ITT: "I am convinced that I am so incredibly intelligent and clever that I can hide a helicopter and it is not possible that it will be taken. Absolutely impossible! Therefore, if it is not here later it was DEFINITELY a hacker, and I shall be prompted to make a post about it on the forums and subsequent replies yelling at people who provide me legitimate responses regarding several ways it could have been probably found by legitimate methods."

you cant hide anything in dayz if a admin has the tools to see where your items are ! it takes seconds to see all stuff on map this is why i uninstalled the mod as there is no point in playing when the guy who has this power is like god. its legit hacks basically.

People magically finding choppers and tents hidden in the middle of no where?

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY YOU SPEAK OF?!

If you think you've found a great hiding spot for your junk you're wrong. You will always be wrong. Someone has already been there. Someone will always go there. Dont get attached to your junk. Make me some tea.

• Like 1

First time i tried this game. I went straight up the forest and never turned back. I see a truck in behind some trees which had like 40 guns, loads of snipers etc.

First time playing i nearly shit my pants. I jumped up the truck and never turned around lol.. then i parked it, took my gear and destroyed the truck so noone else can get the stuff. 

finding that truck destroyed my survival experience

When you first play this game the map feels so huge.  Once you get use to the map it is very small.  The whole map is about the size of a typical city in Canada with a population around 200 000.  In other words the map is tiny in the real world.  Once you get more than 10 people in the game if you understand the map it feels crowded.

Not sure if it would be possible but it would be cool if they could model the game to real life scale.  It would show the vastness/loneliness of surviving a holocaust.  If and only then you could hide a heli and reasonably expect it to stay hidden long term.

• Like 2

No one just happens to be running through a forest in the middle of butt fawk no where that goes even further into butt fawk no where.

Admittedly I've never found anything but the Misty Peaks bus spawn doing this, but I've done this many times.  Also it's easy for anyone with a helicopter of their own to find the other helicopters.

Edited by Castle

Because a picture paints a thousand words, can you spot the vehicle camp in the following image?

anku.jpg

Let's have a closer look at the tractor, Land Rover, Humvee and bus:

ktb0.jpg

And let's take an even closer look at the Humvee:

ikv8.jpg

The other vehicles appear to have caught fire. Faulty workmanship in action.

In my opinion the problem stretches all the way back to Operation: Flashpoint, and the decision to make the engine an all-purpose military platform that encompasses infantry combat, tank warfare, and aerial combat. It gets progressively less suitable as it scales up.

I'm not a games developer, but it's a shame they can't have a system whereby beyond a certain distance the trees are treated as a single, dense mass - like a cloud - rather than remaining as a bunch of individual objects. 'cause as you can see it doesn't scale.

Edited by AshleyP

When i was hosting a public hive server, I could see where the vehicles are spawning. Not directly though like on a private high. This was a half year ago, can't really say if you still can do that now.

When i was hosting a public hive server, I could see where the vehicles are spawning. Not directly though like on a private high. This was a half year ago, can't really say if you still can do that now.

Having fun bumping these old threads?

Having fun bumping these old threads?

It's not an old thread, many comments in the last few days in here.

Admins can still do all that. If anything admin tools have become more advanced.

If the engine did allow for tree cover them hoarding would be so much easier...which would be bad.

A while ago switching to Taviana a friend of mine over the course of playing a month or so managed to unwittingly collect all the spawned vehicles and park them all just above Jaroslavski airfield. Then he complained he had to run 8k after dying as there were no vehicles.

This meant any player joining the server for the first time gave up shortly after Sabina or Dubovo as it seemed pointless to continue with no vehicle.

My admin power and ability to see vehicles led to me crusading around finding vehicles and leaving them places a survivor could find them. Not that fun.

A vehicle in DayZ is an asset. It is not something to be hoarded by one group. OP lost a heli, he can find another.