Lucky_Luffy

Military safe zones in the SA?

Maybe there could be some kind if safe haven for newly spawned survivors? (around the middle of the map) some players could spawn in the safe haven as maybe military survivors? (decent ammo and food).

The safe haven could NOT be 100% Garunteed Protection against zombies/bandits but offers decent protection in the event if an attack.

Military survivors role is to help newly spawned survivors get inside the camp (they should be wary of bandits disguised as survivors)

The camp should be equipped with:

Decent ammunition supply

10 days worth of food and supplies

3 Jeeps with quarter of fuel and ONE helicopter with about enough fuel to make it to an airfield

1 public tent, 5 private tents and a emergency weapon/food cache tent near the back of the camp

Watchtowers/lookout posts stationed around camp

Reply if you think this is a decent, good or terrible idea

Terrible idea.

No safe zones for the Standalone please.

• Like 13

There will absolutely never be safe zones in DayZ.

• Like 5

You need to make your own safezone, unfortunately any kind of safezone tends to attract you know who.

Maybe military camps with military AI's guarding it, shooting at everything that moves? You could raid it and find some decent loot. But the original idea wouldn't really work.

Congratulations! You just summarised half of the administration problems for Epoch servers.

• Like 2

Maybe military camps with military AI's guarding it, shooting at everything that moves? You could raid it and find some decent loot. But the original idea wouldn't really work.

Rocket doesn't want any AI other than the zombies in DayZ, he wants the experience to be 100% player driven.

• Like 2

Hell no!

This is DayZ. Not WarZ (or whatever it's called).

i believe they changed the name, it's called something like 'AwfulZ' now if i remember rightly.

anyway, horrible idea, move along!

• Like 2

^LOL 

This sounds like some one has played to many servers with safe zones that give you tons of ammo.

Maybe this is good for some custom servers but in SA?

Never

i believe they changed the name, it's called something like 'AwfulZ' now if i remember rightly.

anyway, horrible idea, move along!

its called, kill on sight 360 quick scope stories.

Or is that just what people do in the game?

• Like 1

Seeing the epic bellthronkery and rampant backpack theft that goes on in Trader Zones, I think Military SZs would be a very bad idea.

could NOT be 100% Garunteed Protection

Well at least it's not as bad as it first sounded, but still... na.

If there would ever be a military safe zone it would be something that the server and people on the server would add adn keep active by themselfs not something that would have to be in every server...
It's a good idea for some people but others might not wanna have that  "corrupting"  their gameplay expirience :)

• Like 1

If there would ever be a military safe zone it would be something that the server and people on the server would add adn keep active by themselfs not something that would have to be in every server...

It's a good idea for some people but others might not wanna have that  "corrupting"  their gameplay expirience :)

indeed, i've seen a lot of times places like polana factory turned in fortress and hold by players..

its called, kill on sight 360 quick scope stories.

Or is that just what people do in the game?

360420YOLO stories

• Like 1

I think they should have over run military safe zones.

Great potential base if you can manage to clear it out.

Maybe if you could find ARs on dead bodies but they would often be jammed with blood and all out of ammo (a good reason for it being there in the first place and having remained there) I think they should contain literal hordes though to keep the risk of death high enough to keep poorly equipped players out.

They may also serve as bandit hotspots, but not KOS would be too dangerous shooting, they'd wanna track them a bit and mug em.

Maybe stick dirt in his guns chamber so it needs a good disassemble and clean before it can fire again?