rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

=) this banning strategy really showed those dupers, hackers and cheaters who's boss!

You don't see them nowadays do you?

=) this banning strategy really showed those dupers, hackers and cheaters who's boss!

You don't see them nowadays do you?

Oh yes I do, in every single server...

• Like 1

for a long time it kept saying "CD key in use" than finaly i got on to find i had a as50 tws and all kitted out gear so i hid and got myself killed, the next day it happened again! and still for a week or so but recently its said "global ban #blabla" i don't know exactly what # i am but will still be banned from the standalone? and if so is there some way to get this reversed? i did nothing wrong and iv never even shown anyone else my CD key or tried to hack/script! please help

No you won't be banned for the standalone, just the copy of the game you were banned on.

Congratulations to today's winners. You received a lifetime ban from DayZ on all servers.

Please enjoy not playing DayZ, ever.

Oh my god rocket, I lol'd. That was funny.

I quit playing this game about a month ago. So many hackers; so little fun.

What did I do? Went out and got a life.

Ok, re-got, actually. I hadn't worked for 7 months (thanks to Bush/Cheney crashing the world's economy), but got employed a week ago by a Big 3 oil company and more than I was making at another Big 3. Ah, such is life.

But - even if I were still unemployed, this game sucks balls. Sure, it's alpha; cheaper to have us test it than hire REAL programmer/gamer types to test it. Ah! Rocket went to the BIll Gates school of software development! Write it and let the end-user test it!

And Gates was never a programmer or a manager; he was a con artist; conned the guy who wrote DOS out of his software by lying his ass off.

Much like Rocket is conning us out of money and time.

Being in alpha isn't about debugging it or they wouldn't be banning people for hacking; stopping the hack attacks is what they OUGHT to be doing, and they can only do that NOW (cause they are out of development) by having real script kiddies and hackers beat on the product.

It's free; if it cost $60 I could see banning people. But not for frickin' FREE.

Rocket needs to man up, buy a pair, and fix the system (since it will stay a mod as well as go separate).

I've written software for 30 years, and in my life I've never seen such a POS, nor have I ever seen an Alpha released to the public.

And then they BAN people accidentally (cause BI are MORONS) and don't unban them??? They must be Republicans.

No morals, no honor, no courage and no shame.

Fuck this; I'd rather be forced to dig out my Pong game and play it non-stop for 48 hours than play this again.

And even if I was forced to play, I wouldn't ever play with someone who cheats others out of the cost (time and money) of ARMA/DayZ) like Rocket/BI do with the 'accidental' bans. (I already said that banning in Alpha is stupid, but I wanted to clarify this one point.) BI/Rocket are, to me, thieves and liars and have no honor. Worf would tear them a new one.

sound really mad bro ...

thanks to this thread ive looked up some of the items i have (due to them being mentioned in this thread).

Now, the items i have accumulated are not as blatantly obvious as a car in my invent or suspiciously named, they are fully legit but apparently unattainable through simple scavenging.

The items in question are

1. Radio (a tool, which is actually useless, after reading up on it i found out it does nothing, but i was still happy since it filled up all the tool slots in my bag, which was a point of pride) i got the radio off zombies that were standing awkwardly in a field (4 of them) all equipped with radios (which i took and stashed. This was a while ago on a previous update)

2. AS50 with thermal scope on it. this item i got from a bandit who, aside from this nice gun, had no other items to indicate that he would of hacked this into the game. Therefore, i thought the gun was legit, never questioning that it might be a fraudulent item.

That being said, does this mean i should drop these pieces of gear to avoid a ban? Now that i know they are fraudulent items (i guess ignorance really is bliss), i feel compelled to toss them but they are so awesome... its hard. Also, can i at least keep the radio since it does nothing?!

Edited by Ramroder

This is interesting, I'm curious on the reasons of why said people are banned. Obviously for good reason though.

Who knows, but it's good to see some progress at getting them gone! Btw love the profile pic! :D

I swear to god they'll be back in like a few weeks, they'll just buy a new copy of the game and they be back to there same old ways

People, this thread is 5 months old. This has nothing to do with the current state of cheating.

With that being said, cheating has reduced in comparison to 2 months ago. GJ BattlEye

Edited by TSAndrey

Following database-level automated bans have been issued today (does not include administrator issued individual bans):

These types of bans are for the public hives only? Are the server hosts an admins primarily responsible for private hives and notifying the DayZ team about players on their servers? The reason I ask is because I have been playing with a couple of groups which have claimed white-listing and hack free and yet after a time the griefers materialize and using paid tools and such they have been going around making a mess of things. I understand that this is more difficult to deal with than scripters actually teleporting or creating items, which can be found pretty quick.

It is becoming increasingly troublesome to keep going though the same motions of > being invited to play a cool new game > finding a cool new community > being invited to a "private" and therefore "safe" server > white-listed griefers start making it so that people don't want to play anymore > new friends drop off and go play WarZ > you leave the server because no one is left but the griefers > griefers leave the sever because no one is left to grief > server admin starts shutting down servers because it is not sustainable > you leave to start trolling humorously on the forums > finding a cool new community > being invited to a "private" and therefore "safe" server... etc etc. I have gone though this more than once and I have to say, there is a limit to even MY patience.

• Like 1

can someone add Sacriel & Frankie to the list? because it's not legit without them.

Necro post. Locking for now.

Rgds

L

• Like 2