rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

The post you quoted is from the 15'th of June, I have only been a moderator for twelve days.

If you have any other problems with me or other moderators you should contact Griff. He deals with that sort of thing.

Done. And it doesnt matter when you posted it, it now has your tag of a moderator on the post.

Edited by HannibalLamb

I was hacking a server earlier today and I got a global ban... what do I do??

go to steam-> buy new copy-> keep hacking

know why I became a hacker?? cus i've already lost all my stuff to hackers like 20 times... so I dont care.

know why I became a hacker?? cus i've already lost all my stuff to hackers like 20 times... so I dont care.

Wow.

1. You're absolutely no "hacker", just an enormous scumbag.

2. It really must hurt when you think, sucks to be you :(

you do not hack, you use scripts someone else copied from someone else

and keep buying the game :lol:

My IGN name is Alex. Should I expect any problems? Lol, jk.

whatever, i was just tired of loosing all the stuff i gathered. If buying the game will help make a better arma3 engine, harder to hack... its ok then.

well, i gotta go. I neet to get some new weapons xD

btw, i did the scripts myself, the ingame editor helped me a lot to test it.

whatever, i was just tired of loosing all the stuff i gathered. If buying the game will help make a better arma3 engine, harder to hack... its ok then.

well, i gotta go. I neet to get some new weapons xD

btw, i did the scripts myself, the ingame editor helped me a lot to test it.

my favorite part is that u think ur hacking helps the community or that it helps the game and therefore makes it okay

my favorite part is that u think ur hacking helps the community or that it helps the game and therefore makes it okay

thats my favorite part too, i dont even fell bad for doing it

its not hacking when any idiot can modify a cfg file, its simply cheating.

hacking/cracking requires actual knowledge and skills which none of these cheaters have.

what someone learns off youtube or by some other fellow idiot can be done aby any 8 year old with a PC these days. its bad enough we have server/game glitches that destroy/kill/lose/etc all of our equipment and vehicles, we dont need to worry about some jackass killing us after surviving for days and actually building wealth legit. I love this game and cheaters wont discourage me, but ive found lately it to be more annoying that an admin will kick me for no reason when theres maybe 4 or 5 people on the server. ive had almost zero ping minding my own business then it kicks me 'You have been kicked by Admin'. Some admins kick the players and reset the servers so they can go to the spawn locations and grab all the gear for their clan members (mostly done with helis im sure).

But every game/server needs maintenance to clean up the trash (cheaters/corrupt admins). Looks like we got a good maintenance crew set up...so keep up the good work! Have some beans!

• Like 8

I quit playing this game about a month ago. So many hackers; so little fun.

What did I do? Went out and got a life.

Ok, re-got, actually. I hadn't worked for 7 months (thanks to Bush/Cheney crashing the world's economy), but got employed a week ago by a Big 3 oil company and more than I was making at another Big 3. Ah, such is life.

But - even if I were still unemployed, this game sucks balls. Sure, it's alpha; cheaper to have us test it than hire REAL programmer/gamer types to test it. Ah! Rocket went to the BIll Gates school of software development! Write it and let the end-user test it!

And Gates was never a programmer or a manager; he was a con artist; conned the guy who wrote DOS out of his software by lying his ass off.

Much like Rocket is conning us out of money and time.

Being in alpha isn't about debugging it or they wouldn't be banning people for hacking; stopping the hack attacks is what they OUGHT to be doing, and they can only do that NOW (cause they are out of development) by having real script kiddies and hackers beat on the product.

It's free; if it cost $60 I could see banning people. But not for frickin' FREE.

Rocket needs to man up, buy a pair, and fix the system (since it will stay a mod as well as go separate).

I've written software for 30 years, and in my life I've never seen such a POS, nor have I ever seen an Alpha released to the public.

And then they BAN people accidentally (cause BI are MORONS) and don't unban them??? They must be Republicans.

No morals, no honor, no courage and no shame.

Fuck this; I'd rather be forced to dig out my Pong game and play it non-stop for 48 hours than play this again.

And even if I was forced to play, I wouldn't ever play with someone who cheats others out of the cost (time and money) of ARMA/DayZ) like Rocket/BI do with the 'accidental' bans. (I already said that banning in Alpha is stupid, but I wanted to clarify this one point.) BI/Rocket are, to me, thieves and liars and have no honor. Worf would tear them a new one.

• Like 2

Ok, re-got, actually. I hadn't worked for 7 months (thanks to Bush/Cheney crashing the world's economy), but got employed a week ago by a Big 3 oil company and more than I was making at another Big 3. Ah, such is life.

But - even if I were still unemployed, this game sucks balls. Sure, it's alpha; cheaper to have us test it than hire REAL programmer/gamer types to test it. Ah! Rocket went to the BIll Gates school of software development! Write it and let the end-user test it!

And Gates was never a programmer or a manager; he was a con artist; conned the guy who wrote DOS out of his software by lying his ass off.

Being in alpha isn't about debugging it or they wouldn't be banning people for hacking; stopping the hack attacks is what they OUGHT to be doing, and they can only do that NOW (cause they are out of development) by having real script kiddies and hackers beat on the product.

It's free; if it cost $60 I could see banning people. But not for frickin' FREE.

Rocket needs to man up, buy a pair, and fix the system (since it will stay a mod as well as go separate).

I've written software for 30 years, and in my life I've never seen such a POS, nor have I ever seen an Alpha released to the public.

And then they BAN people accidentally (cause BI are MORONS) and don't unban them??? They must be Republicans.

Fuck this; I'd rather be forced to dig out my Pong game and play it non-stop for 48 hours than play this again.

And even if I was forced to play, I wouldn't ever play with someone who cheats others out of the cost (time and money) of ARMA/DayZ) like Rocket/BI do with the 'accidental' bans. (I already said that banning in Alpha is stupid, but I wanted to clarify this one point.) BI/Rocket are, to me, thieves and liars and have no honor. Worf would tear them a new one.

This is only one mod keep in mind. The larger game of ArmA series carries a lot of mods and some can be quite fun. This strong presence of hacking hasn't been seen in ArmA to this magnitude, ever really. You can bet that almost all of the regular ArmA series mod servers (non-DayZ) are ghost towns for hackers cause they all live here most of the time.

Don't give up on ArmA

And, there's always WarZ when it comes around.

Cheers

Now that's out'o the way let me bust your post.

"But - even if I were still unemployed, this game sucks balls. Sure, it's alpha; cheaper to have us test it than hire REAL programmer/gamer types to test it. Ah! Rocket went to the BIll Gates school of software development! Write it and let the end-user test it!"

There are plently of beta and alpha builds that allow the users to test the product and give there own feed back on it. Yes it's cheaper and it helps programmes who have no where near the ammount of money to hire professional groups to do the testing.

"Much like Rocket is conning us out of money and time."

From what I understand, this it is a free mod and is has always been free. If you paid for it you must be an idiot for getting scammed.

"Being in alpha isn't about debugging it or they wouldn't be banning people for hacking; stopping the hack attacks is what they OUGHT to be doing, and they can only do that NOW (cause they are out of development) by having real script kiddies and hackers beat on the product."

Although I somewhat agree that you shouldn't ban people for trying to break an alpha build, there is a massive difference between people going over code/making code to find a back door to find a way around the restrictions and people deliberately hacking a game to ruin other peoples fun.

"Rocket needs to man up, buy a pair, and fix the system (since it will stay a mod as well as go separate)."

From what I understand Rocket has been in contact with BI trying to help them with detecting hacking programs and/or scripts. He has nothing to do with BI and thus can't do nothing to stop the hackers apart from create a BI like clone that will be inferior to BI.

"I've written software for 30 years, and in my life I've never seen such a POS, nor have I ever seen an Alpha released to the public."

Have you heard of Minecraft? It's quite popular and the pricing model of DayZ will be the same is it was.

"And then they BAN people accidentally (cause BI are MORONS) and don't unban them??? They must be Republicans."

Bring it to BI and let them know, the fact that people get banned because of BI has nothing to do with Rocket, so posting about it here is like praying to god to sort out your life. It's pointless.

"No morals, no honor, no courage and no shame.

And even if I was forced to play, I wouldn't ever play with someone who cheats others out of the cost (time and money) of ARMA/DayZ) like Rocket/BI do with the 'accidental' bans. (I already said that banning in Alpha is stupid, but I wanted to clarify this one point.) BI/Rocket are, to me, thieves and liars and have no honor. Worf would tear them a new one."

As I've already said, Rocket has never charged money for DayZ, they might be liars and promised updates or changes to the game that they never made, but they have a valid reason for doing so: Making the change from a few people making a mod to a whole team making a dedicated game out of a popular mod.

I myself have voiced my own opinions on the DayZ team, but with the news that Bohemia are working with rocket to make this a standalone game I can see why there has been a lack of content. leave if you wish, but I'll be here enjoying the game once we get it and I'll be more than happy to pay for it.

Edited by TheDee
  • Like 3

The thing I hate is the hacked in thermal AS50s I never know if they are legit or not.

Don't bother pick them up then?

Can this be the start of an almost hacker free game? God I hope so. Keep up with the good work.

This game will never be hacker free :-(. That and people like me get banned while bad people still avoid bans. Fuck Battleye. I've never used a hack in game in my life.

• Like 2

Just a tip... dont hack or pick up an AS50 TWS, I was banned 3 secs after I hacked one, so maybe battleye looks for weapons that are not in dayz. The AS50 ammo also got me banned. The normal scoped AS50 and M107 ammo is no problem xD.

Im actually sick of people telling me how shit the game is and how you are no longer playing it. No one actually cares so ethier you know help with some form of testing or just leave. This game is still fun you just have to deal with it and take it on the chin.

• Like 4

for a long time it kept saying "CD key in use" than finaly i got on to find i had a as50 tws and all kitted out gear so i hid and got myself killed, the next day it happened again! and still for a week or so but recently its said "global ban #blabla" i don't know exactly what # i am but will still be banned from the standalone? and if so is there some way to get this reversed? i did nothing wrong and iv never even shown anyone else my CD key or tried to hack/script! please help

for a long time it kept saying "CD key in use" than finaly i got on to find i had a as50 tws and all kitted out gear so i hid and got myself killed, the next day it happened again! and still for a week or so but recently its said "global ban #blabla" i don't know exactly what # i am but will still be banned from the standalone? and if so is there some way to get this reversed? i did nothing wrong and iv never even shown anyone else my CD key or tried to hack/script! please help

Man. go read at battleye.com. A friend of mine got banned because of this and got his game restored (writing an email to battleye). There is a massive theft of cd key going on atm, and it seems you have fallen in it.

I smell a liberal.

yeah, when i read that comment on Bush/Cheney I basically quit reading haha.

I agree if you dont like the game, dont play. Hacks DO ruin it for everyone, but thats just for now. You're not really SUPPOSED to live that long anyways. But with people using exploits, glitches, etc, we're living a lot longer. You're not supposed to be around for days, let alone hours. Playing on different servers to 'avoid' night time because its 'hard'. Use a damn flashlight. Experience the game with a flashlight, no weapon, and zombies chasing your stupid ass for running and not walking. Its a fun game for being a MOD. Yes, its a MOD. When its a full fledged standalone it will change drastically...if you dont know what that means, it means A LOT. lol.

Btw, if you dont like whats going on with the mod right now, go play Arma II...i have yet to do so and i heard its a really fun game. I enjoyed BF and BF2 (and BF2142), so i was told id love Arma II with its realism.

Playing on different servers to 'avoid' night time because its 'hard'.

Ya know I gotta admit I was so happy about working the nightshift because when I got home the server I played on was night time. I got to the point to where I didn't wanna play when it was day time lol. I have to disagree about not surviving that long though. If you play smart.. and play right. You can survive for a hell of a long time even with taking risks.... though.. you can only do so many Stary and Northwest airfield loot runs before you start getting really bored.

Edited by cattasraafe

+1

Global bans on ArmA 2 for a fucking mod that is in Alpha!?!...

glad you are banned.

There should be thousands of names on that list. hope they are tracking them as we speak and there will be massive ban wave ahead taking out the trash. "baww. thought it was ok to hack bequz its just an alpha" lololo jesus christ

Ok, re-got, actually. I hadn't worked for 7 months (thanks to Bush/Cheney crashing the world's economy), but got employed a week ago by a Big 3 oil company and more than I was making at another Big 3.

LOL, you bitch about Bush, then you go work for the oil companies....

I think we have a new definition for the word whore here people.....

• Like 1

At the least, some kind of player activity log system should probably be implemented so there's at least a way to look back at a player's activity and prove without a doubt if a player is cheating or was banned by mistake. I haven't been banned from any online game yet. I'll probably buy the game regardless, but it would be reassuring to know that if I was somehow banned by mistake, I could simply ask an admin to look back at my activity logs to prove the ban was in error.

• Like 1