rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

Mr rocket,

(kicked off server- banned scripts:battleye)

I am only getting this msg when i try to join ANZ4 server and the other ANZ's that they host. (ANZ 9 has a diff host n it works)

It happened a few weeks ago, then battleye had an update and it started working again, then it broke again. Each time it happened when when i was logging back in after a server restet (i tryed to stay connected to the server) then when it came back online i had this server specific ban.

I didnt know i had to dissconect for resets O.o (most game just boot you off if it needs to)

Ive since moved to AU and NZ servers and havent had a problem, the only reason id like to have access to ANZ again is to play with the friends i met on those servers.

I am not a hacker, (im not smart enough lols) i just have fun killing zombies and at times had around 600 Zombie (100 with an axe) kills after a week without a single murder. (got 1 shot by i shotgun noob calling friendly) So the chance that id loot hacked items off dead people is non existant. Sure i kill lots of zombies for fun but i dont need crazy weapons to do it. (makarov pistol head shots are the most chalenging)

I tryed deleteing all local files (any scripty thingos) and reinstalled almost every patch, so i dont think the problem is with my PC but more likley its somone at ANZ Admin who banned me? (host specific)

Any feed back on this from rocket or the comunity would be appriciated, thankyou.

(kicked off server- banned scripts:battleye) <- This means one of three things: your running scripts i.e. your a hacker and they banned you for running scripts, they banned you even though you did not run scripts, or their script restrictions are too sensitive and you got auto banned for running a script that this allowed.

Oh, and I just found this in like 30 seconds http://www.ausarma.o...-bannedscripts/ apparently the anz servers have been having this problem.

Edited by DaysOfDoom

anyone got banned without doing anything i just installed the new beta patch and i go a global ban

(kicked off server- banned scripts:battleye) <- This means one of three things: your running scripts i.e. your a hacker and they banned you for running scripts, they banned you even though you did not run scripts, or their script restrictions are too sensitive and you got auto banned for running a script that this allowed.

Oh, and I just found this in like 30 seconds http://www.ausarma.o...-bannedscripts/ apparently the anz servers have been having this problem.

TYSM <3 (if was smart enough to be a hacker id be smart enough to shut up about it)

Ohhhhh K, i got it sorted, turns out ANZ servers are doing this to some ppl if the game is not launched as "admin" throu steam. Something to do with not handling steam accounts properly. thx again

Was burning some loggs and though .... separate servers as PVP or NPVP, longer or shorter reset as desired, I.e. 4 hrs to a week Santo allow time to fix vehicles, make military gear more random at even the small locations. Reset tents or erase them every restart, or code it to the player profile so 2 or 3 tents travel with u or lock that profile to a server. Unclear on b"duped" weapons but I'm old shcool operation flashpoint . Bugged from day1. Nature of the simulator . They know it needs an ass overhaul

I love how he says "Enjoy not playing DayZ forever."

They can easily spoof their GUID, change their IP and start hacking again... Banning certain people won't do you any good... But's a good try to keep the servers clean of hackers.

Players can't spoof their GUID - this is directly tied to your cd key, but they can spoof their playerID. But then again that would only work on servers that aren't running Battleye - So just stick to Battleye servers and you should be good.

Hackers surely can keep buying new copies of arma II to obtain new cd key & GUID, but that gets expensive.

+1

Global bans on ArmA 2 for a fucking mod that is in Alpha!?!... glad you dont run a country rocket... you should be thanking these people for exposing these exploits and fixing yer shitty code.

Secondly... its a global ban on poor people... you think well off people don't buy a 2nd and 3rd copy!?

I have a global ban, we'd repaired a chopper to have them dissapear on server restar.... so teleported and found out that apon server restart it respawned back at default location with default damage.... Global ban for bug tracking your mod.... so fuck you rocket.

I wish he did run the country.

And please, keep banning away. SHitrats are not welcome, not even in the Alpha. Script kiddies and hackers can go elsewhere.

Thanks for the good work Battleeye, Rocket and BI on the cooperation to help get these idiots off Arma2 and DayZ.

• Like 1

+1

Global bans on ArmA 2 for a fucking mod that is in Alpha!?!... glad you dont run a country rocket... you should be thanking these people for exposing these exploits and fixing yer shitty code.

Secondly... its a global ban on poor people... you think well off people don't buy a 2nd and 3rd copy!?

I have a global ban, we'd repaired a chopper to have them dissapear on server restar.... so teleported and found out that apon server restart it respawned back at default location with default damage.... Global ban for bug tracking your mod.... so fuck you rocket.

The way you write makes it obvious you deserved it to be banned. Just offensive, without even regreting to use a hack... Look for another game where you can bother the community.

I wish he did run the country.

And please, keep banning away. SHitrats are not welcome, not even in the Alpha. Script kiddies and hackers can go elsewhere.

Thanks for the good work Battleeye, Rocket and BI on the cooperation to help get these idiots off Arma2 and DayZ.

In case you don't know, Rocket is fair and just, and so is BI. But battleye on the otherhand is poop. Have you not seen the random bans lately. And no it's not all script kiddies, thats why people are slowly getting unbanned. Praise Rocket and Bohemia all you want, and i'll praise with you. But battleye has got to be in top five worst anti cheat engines of all time.

• Like 4

In case you don't know, Rocket is fair and just, and so is BI. But battleye on the otherhand is poop. Have you not seen the random bans lately. And no it's not all script kiddies, thats why people are slowly getting unbanned. Praise Rocket and Bohemia all you want, and i'll praise with you. But battleye has got to be in top five worst anti cheat engines of all time.

amen!

Fuck these bans are shit fuck bitch cock.

Dayz is amazing but battleye is a piece of shit that can die fuck bitch FUCK.

• Like 3

Quite a few people on my friends list got global bans and I know without question, 100% that they don't hack. I'm scared to play DayZ now. I don't like the idea of a £30 brick. Notice on that latest announcement they apologised but said nothing about unbanning people, just that they'll try not to let it happen again. That is unacceptable. It seems a lot of these recent bans are related to the latest beta patches. Do you guys think I should stay on 95417?

• Like 3

The following players were found to be using hacking scripts on my server:

06.08.2012 12:14:22: Niz (IP)

06.08.2012 12:14:28: FireBreezeIce (IP)

06.08.2012 12:14:42: XrayAlex1911 (IP)

Edited by Max Planck
IPs removed

well this is funny cos Rocket has stated it's fine to use weapons that have been Duped or hacked into the game. and you can't be banned for such, as long as you weren't the person who hacked them in,.

so why is anders banning for it?

Banning for duping is bullshit.

I have duped a lot of things by accident.

It is pretty common to get 2x more cooked meat from a fireplace for example.

And many times I have picked up the same item 2x or even 3x (at first looks like that picking up did not work, then I suddenly discover that I have 2x as many items picked up).

I have never tried duping on purpose - it just happens a lot by accident.

And of course we will not drop accidentally duped "rare" ammo that we got form heli crash sites.

Why should we?

Other people that will discover that site later will pick up that ammo anyway.

So fix your code, not threaten people with bans...

BTW - you have inventory bugs that eat items, and you have bugs that duplicate items.

Fair trade :D

Edited by serioussam909
  • Like 3

what if they buy arma 2 again?

Fuck these bans are shit fuck bitch cock.

Dayz is amazing but battleye is a piece of shit that can die fuck bitch FUCK.

Dude I think you need to take a proper english writing class. The string of words you put together doesn't really make sense.

Let's try and keep the threads clean. :)

Edited by Karger

+1

Na na na na, na na na na, hey, goodbye!

Just to put this out there....you really shouldn't ban people for duping. Why? My clan put six tents down, and they had tons of random stuff in them. 2 fals, a 50, a svd, and some regular common weapons and medical supplies. Our camp was found, so we decided to move it. When the server restarted, we found that the tents at our old camp reappeared!! We didn't even attempt to dupe, it just happened. Another time we just would take stuff out of tents, and on a server restart, it would be refilled again. It's a fine line between duping and tents glitching.

I just wanted to put my two cents in.

• Like 2

serioussam909

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

Banning for duping is bullshit.

I have duped a lot of things by accident.

It is pretty common to get 2x more cooked meat from a fireplace for example.

And many times I have picked up the same item 2x or even 3x (at first looks like that picking up did not work, then I suddenly discover that I have 2x as many items picked up).

I have never tried duping on purpose - it just happens a lot by accident.

And of course we will not drop accidentally duped "rare" ammo that we got form heli crash sites.

Why should we?

Other people that will discover that site later will pick up that ammo anyway.

So fix your code, not threaten people with bans...

BTW - you have inventory bugs that eat items, and you have bugs that duplicate items.

Fair trade :D

amen brother! i donno how many times ive lost a weapon cuz i was stoned and thought i had enough room in my backpack... lol

It IS an amazing triumph, it saves the mod, and ArmAII as well, from being ruined by idiots and cheats.

What is this Czechoslovakia of which you speak? There have been no such country since 1993. That's, uhm... 19 years ago! You really need to syncronize your watch with the rest of us, or just... shut up.

Yeah, shut up. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Ive been in customer support for over 8 years now. And never once would it be tolerated to speak to someone like this. The part you quoted in no way shape or form warrented this type of response. We the users of the forums are warned for this kind of behavior. To see it coming from staff is completely unacceptable. And this isnt the first post of yours that has made me upset. If i ever once spoke to someone who was berating me over the phone because they broke something, i'd be searching for a new job.

Do i expect this from forums users? Yes. Do i expect this from forum team members, moderators, or Devs? Hell no. You need to grow up sir. If a post offends you, then dont reply or wait and cool down before you do so.

Ive been in customer support for over 8 years now. And never once would it be tolerated to speak to someone like this. The part you quoted in no way shape or form warrented this type of response. We the users of the forums are warned for this kind of behavior. To see it coming from staff is completely unacceptable. And this isnt the first post of yours that has made me upset. If i ever once spoke to someone who was berating me over the phone because they broke something, i'd be searching for a new job.

Do i expect this from forums users? Yes. Do i expect this from forum team members, moderators, or Devs? Hell no. You need to grow up sir. If a post offends you, then dont reply or wait and cool down before you do so.

The post you quoted is from the 15'th of June, I have only been a moderator for twelve days.

If you have any other problems with me or other moderators you should contact Griff. He deals with that sort of thing.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

Sorry to say rocket but you think you stopped them? I know a shitload of sites where you can buy a new cd key for 10 dollars. They will be back.