rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

holy crap... the shit hitted the fan pretty darn fast...

Rocket, maybe you should revert that whole perma-banning thing while you setup clear rules of conduct for your mods.

Since picking "hacked items" is pretty much impossible to enforce, don't automaticly ban people based on their inventory.

wait, are you saying you get banned for picking up hacked items? I'm fairly certain that's not the case, read a post by rocket to this effect somewhere. If I am misinterpreting I apologise (but if so please explain what you meant?). cheers

Im sure some will be back, just have to pay for another account right?

Would think so. But how many times are they willing to buy a new arma2-copy?

ban the IP's of these people would make sure they don't come back, even if they buy another account.

Edited by Pure

ban the IP's of these people would make sure they don't come back, even if they buy another account.

Assuming that they have static IPs. Alot of ISPs don't give out static IPs unless requested and/or paid for. If they have dynamic IPs, they just need to wait to get a new IP (reseting router can work) and hey presto, new IP.

• Like 3

I once was visited by a hacker in the guise of a dog, then he turned into a cow, then a sheep. Later i saw him fly a helicopter into the ground near the market in Cherno.

Interesting at least.

What are the qualifications to be on such a prestigious list? (Just wondering)

Get globally banned for being scrubtacular and hacking.

Well that's great but can't they just use a different user name?

How are you going to ban all the hackers? It's out of control!

Well that's great but can't they just use a different user name?

How are you going to ban all the hackers? It's out of control!

Their account is banned, not their name... They can buy another copy of the game tough, but making them buy another game might give them a few more toughts into their stupid teenager brains and they might not hack anymore after.

Needs to be hardware bans. These things,not considered people to me, pay for their hacks, and will without a doubt just rebuy the game, prob. from some hacked site so bohemia won't get a cent. Also their needs to be a who killed who anouncement, and anounce everytime someone leaves the server. This will if not slow down 50% of hackers, and alt f4'ers will get them banned.

Edited by EcgxUm4dbr0
  • Like 1

Is there a regularly (daily?) updated list of hackers that are banned available anywhere?

Edited by MadMax

Hi, is there any list of items that can be found i game, today i shot a guy who killed my comrade, i go to him and took map and Czech backpack, then i had to turn of the game but now i am wondering, is it possible to find a map in DayZ, if there is no list of items and vehicles it should be created, because i dont want to be banned because i scavenged some thing not legit. Also i have ACR DLC, can it make me banned? And are you considering adding stuff from ACR to DayZ

Hi, is there any list of items that can be found i game, today i shot a guy who killed my comrade, i go to him and took map and Czech backpack, then i had to turn of the game but now i am wondering, is it possible to find a map in DayZ, if there is no list of items and vehicles it should be created, because i dont want to be banned because i scavenged some thing not legit. Also i have ACR DLC, can it make me banned? And are you considering adding stuff from ACR to DayZ

Yes there are indeed maps in game, you can look online at dayzdb.com or the dayzwiki.com for a compilation of items found in game if you are concerned about whether an item is legit or not. Quite a few people also post here to see if an item or weapon is ok, but it mostly seems to be to confirm that they will not be banned for using an item they already know is illegal.

Oh man I haven't played DayZ for 2 weeks or more and jet wenn i go in the game Batteleye says Global ban

please can you unban me i don't now why I'm banned

(21042310/Hexler

Edited by Esoren

Mr rocket,

(kicked off server- banned scripts:battleye)

I am only getting this msg when i try to join ANZ4 server and the other ANZ's that they host. (ANZ 9 has a diff host n it works)

It happened a few weeks ago, then battleye had an update and it started working again, then it broke again. Each time it happened when when i was logging back in after a server restet (i tryed to stay connected to the server) then when it came back online i had this server specific ban.

I didnt know i had to dissconect for resets O.o (most game just boot you off if it needs to)

Ive since moved to AU and NZ servers and havent had a problem, the only reason id like to have access to ANZ again is to play with the friends i met on those servers.

I am not a hacker, (im not smart enough lols) i just have fun killing zombies and at times had around 600 Zombie (100 with an axe) kills after a week without a single murder. (got 1 shot by i shotgun noob calling friendly) So the chance that id loot hacked items off dead people is non existant. Sure i kill lots of zombies for fun but i dont need crazy weapons to do it. (makarov pistol head shots are the most chalenging)

I tryed deleteing all local files (any scripty thingos) and reinstalled almost every patch, so i dont think the problem is with my PC but more likley its somone at ANZ Admin who banned me? (host specific)

Any feed back on this from rocket or the comunity would be appriciated, thankyou.

So says some lefty crybaby.

Simple fact is that nobody is going to pick up exotic weapons now.

In your fucked up universe however, all those who cheated would be counseled so they could better understand why it is a bad thing to cheat in a multi-player game.

And then those same assholes would come right back and do it again.

It is sad if a few people got banned because of their ignorance of the game, but it isn't some tragedy that will bring down the mod or any such horseshit.

Life sucks and that is a common theme in Dayz, so man the fuck up and get over it.

A tough man, until something bad occurs to you or a friend. But continue to ignore other's statements because you disagree with them on a political level, even if evidence is presented. Also, name calling is a great argument.

I know this is an alpha, but cheats that people find should be reported to us - not continously abused silently.

Manually banned another 10 people today.

Usually I dont ban people "right-away" who has an illegal weapon, I just take it away. But in this case it was so blatantly done and after careful consideration I banned those involved with the duping and abuse of AS50 TWS weapons (even when warned on global message / VOIP).

Cheating that is blatant abuse on a clan/guild level can put everyone at risk who is involved knowingly. Clearly unallowed weapons will yield bans on all participants (those found with commonly known duped and unallowed weapons).

I will become increasingly strict, I know about a bunch of clans with duped normal items too and I will start eyeing those too. These items will be removed eventually, but if the duping continues banhammer will strike.

As for cheating. If YOU know you have been cheating or duping. Better remove those duped item tent stores in advance or contact us to mention that you have done wrong but will change your ways

Bans that have been given can rarely be reversed, global battleeye bans dont get reversed at all.

Bullshit. This is an ALPHA, people are going to break your game all the time. If people are duping, its the developer's fault for not coding properly. Continue with this line of thinking. People will never stop finding methods to exploit your game in ways you do not expect, whether it be duping, finding a way to be invincible/invisible, or whatever shit people figure out. People finding ways to exploit your code should never be banned, they aren't altering the game you created in any way, they are taking what you made, and using it. If you don't want them to use it in that way, CODE BETTER. Your reasoning here is completely unprofessional, and considering you expect to get paid for this at some point, it had best improve. Cheaters injecting hacks should be banned: they are clearly altering the game to suit their needs. People finding ways around code within the game: entirely innocent. The only person responsible for bad programming is the developer, not the user.

• Like 4

Bullshit. This is an ALPHA, people are going to break your game all the time. If people are duping, its the developer's fault for not coding properly. Continue with this line of thinking. People will never stop finding methods to exploit your game in ways you do not expect, whether it be duping, finding a way to be invincible/invisible, or whatever shit people figure out. People finding ways to exploit your code should never be banned, they aren't altering the game you created in any way, they are taking what you made, and using it. If you don't want them to use it in that way, CODE BETTER. Your reasoning here is completely unprofessional, and considering you expect to get paid for this at some point, it had best improve. Cheaters injecting hacks should be banned: they are clearly altering the game to suit their needs. People finding ways around code within the game: entirely innocent. The only person responsible for bad programming is the developer, not the user.

+1

Global bans on ArmA 2 for a fucking mod that is in Alpha!?!... glad you dont run a country rocket... you should be thanking these people for exposing these exploits and fixing yer shitty code.

Secondly... its a global ban on poor people... you think well off people don't buy a 2nd and 3rd copy!?

I have a global ban, we'd repaired a chopper to have them dissapear on server restar.... so teleported and found out that apon server restart it respawned back at default location with default damage.... Global ban for bug tracking your mod.... so fuck you rocket.

Edited by i76
  • Like 2

+1

Global bans on ArmA 2 for a fucking mod that is in Alpha!?!... glad you dont run a country rocket... you should be thanking these people for exposing these exploits and fixing yer shitty code.

Secondly... its a global ban on poor people... you think well off people don't buy a 2nd and 3rd copy!?

I have a global ban, we'd repaired a chopper to have them dissapear on server restar.... so teleported and found out that apon server restart it respawned back at default location with default damage.... Global ban for bug tracking your mod.... so fuck you rocket.

It's not Rocket's code, it's BI's.

It's not Rocket's code, it's BI's.

Sorry, but the Hive which handles location and inventory is Rocket's code.

• Like 1