rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

Following database-level automated bans have been issued today (does not include administrator issued individual bans):

1530432 sexcrimevictim

10734790 Abdul Jabaar

8055174 SharStation

10742662 Le_Pewp

10760966 BIGJOHNO

10780742 [Legion]SavageJuicebox

10783686 hergher

10869702 Adam

10891398 OPSEK

10909254 [PATY] scott_

1473222 KillerBean

1449350 Snake

15088134 Rainrix

10955974 El Diablo

10958662 Alex

638210 Cpt. Sanchesz

2264390 Pjotr

11161286 [osk]pZEROs

3702598 SharStation

10759814 T-BENZIN

10544262 Big Oso

Congratulations to today's winners. You received a lifetime ban from DayZ on all servers.

Please enjoy not playing DayZ, ever.

Cant they just hack another Steam account and cheat suck again?

no they can just buy another arma 2 key from steam change the cd key in their keys directory and be back and hackin in abtout 15 min ._.

skivart you amuse me :)

0110100101101101001000000111001101110101011100100110010100100000011010010111010000100000011010010111001100101110

ive been banned (from a server for a day) for logging out to eat dinner or grabbing a square (as i do not allow smoking in my home). kinda sucked. now those looser hackers cant play ever again....justice is served. Rightly so DayZ dudes!

But there's still private servers. I means servers where you get new character and it only works there. Or these servers connected to this bans as well?

But there's still private servers. I means servers where you get new character and it only works there. Or these servers connected to this bans as well?

most of the orivat servers dont have battleeye enabled, so everyone can join.

Please enjoy not playing DayZ, ever.

You mean until they spend 18 bucks on a new copy of Operation Arrowhead? Eternity suddenly seems shorter.

• Like 2

You mean until they spend 18 bucks on a new copy of Operation Arrowhead? Eternity suddenly seems shorter.

At least it costs them real money. Eventually their parents will cut them off. (Or they are grown children who will keep throwing their money away...)

Ill be very honest with you... Hackers are sometimes good for the community, in terms of Bohemia, it keeps getting from them more, and more money by these hackers getting banned and paying for more CD keys, that gives Bohemia, or maybe DayZ some money to grow even more! Now what do hackers do to anti-cheat engines like BE, they give them the chance to become more sufficient, and quicker in handling problems, makes them react quicker to hackers, and know how to stop them before they can do something to harm the community, these hacks make them very aware on how to stop the future ones from developing, now ill be frankly honest with you, I am not bothered for big companies like FPScheats, and Artificial Aiming to start hacking DayZ or all is lost, but now BE gets a fighting chance against them, hopefully they will grow enough, that those big cheating/hacking companies can become nothing more but a mere blimp on the radar.. now those BE guys also get raises for finding hackers, and pretty sure their all drinking for winning last day, for banning around 80-90% of hackers, smart idea into getting them trapped in the new BE/Beta patch update, now most of those hackers, will come back some will stop hacking some will continue to spend money on hacks, but sooner or later their IP will go byebye and they will have to go through a longer process of getting new IP's.

Now Im not saying hacking is a good thing, but it does help Bohemia/BE in becoming better in the future.

Things always have to get worse, before they can become better, and in order to become better, they need a force to fight them back, so they can learn better methods to counter offence. Yes it was a long process, but it is a worthy process.

Hackers are sometimes good for the community, in terms of Bohemia, it keeps getting from them more, and more money by these hackers getting banned and paying for more CD keys, that gives Bohemia, or maybe DayZ some money to grow even more!

How much do you really think $18 matters? I mean, even if ten cheaters each buys ten keys, that's only $1800. A drop in an ocean.

[...] but sooner or later their IP will go byebye and they will have to go through a longer process of getting new IP's.

Or they could be using YF/VPN or TOR and that "long process" is the ten minutes it takes to find a new server/node.

Surprised only one [LEGION] member on there, I constantly see them ruining lives on servers...

Good work though Rocket!

AJ

just saying rocket, but they are not banned from dayz, they are banned from arma 2, its not your online system, it's arma 2's

Who wants to play Arma 2 with its Czech-speaking "Russians" anyway?

Ill be very honest with you... Hackers are sometimes good for the community, in terms of Bohemia, it keeps getting from them more, and more money by these hackers getting banned and paying for more CD keys, that gives Bohemia, or maybe DayZ some money to grow even more! Now what do hackers do to anti-cheat engines like BE, they give them the chance to become more sufficient, and quicker in handling problems, makes them react quicker to hackers, and know how to stop them before they can do something to harm the community, these hacks make them very aware on how to stop the future ones from developing, now ill be frankly honest with you, I am not bothered for big companies like FPScheats, and Artificial Aiming to start hacking DayZ or all is lost, but now BE gets a fighting chance against them, hopefully they will grow enough, that those big cheating/hacking companies can become nothing more but a mere blimp on the radar.. now those BE guys also get raises for finding hackers, and pretty sure their all drinking for winning last day, for banning around 80-90% of hackers, smart idea into getting them trapped in the new BE/Beta patch update, now most of those hackers, will come back some will stop hacking some will continue to spend money on hacks, but sooner or later their IP will go byebye and they will have to go through a longer process of getting new IP's.

Now Im not saying hacking is a good thing, but it does help Bohemia/BE in becoming better in the future.

Things always have to get worse, before they can become better, and in order to become better, they need a force to fight them back, so they can learn better methods to counter offence. Yes it was a long process, but it is a worthy process.

As if hacking would be the biggest problem right now and not that DayZ has become a version-clustered mess. Besides, it gets horribly boring after a few days once you got decent gear. The mod urgently needs some new content.

Edited by wonderpet

i just find it funny that these "hackers" think that hacking armour is a great achievement when its not. the game has litte to no security for the main reason its ment for mature age people and military training. go try hack something with more secyrity ie league of legends id love to see someone hack that hahaha

HKS is hacking. He killed my squad and when we told him we were going to report him he tried to bribe us by spawning equiptment into our inventory which of course we all dropped. We tried to kick him from the game but that didn't work. He's able to teleport and spawn equiptment into your inventory as well as being bullet proof. We ran into him on North Carolina 23 at around 10:30 pm on 7/29

Honestly these ideas sound quite worth a laugh

EDIT: Without wanting to defend anybody though

It's not at all funny when it happens to you.

Last night, 3 of us were just getting ready to raid the military airbase, when we all were "magically" teleported to the top of the hotel in Cherno, where I spawned on air and fell to my death, one buddy broke his legs (with no morphine), and the third (with the morphine) was trapped on the roof with no way down.

When hacking ruins days and days of hard work (and fun), it's a real problem.

just to say [party] clan using their private server to get hacked gear in to game :)

You can change your PlayerID. But BattlEye compares your PlayerID with your GUID. If they don't match, then it will kick you. Furthermore, your GUID must be registered with GameSpy (via your CD-Key), so if it doesn't exist gamespy will kick you off.

This is why it is critical servers run BattlEye.

This man, has been told.

How does one find out his/her GUID / unique ID? I dont really know where to ask this more effectively than in this topic. I'm trying to make a support ticket about a game issue, figured it would go alot smoother if I could figure out how to look up my GUID/unique ID. Thanks in advance everyone...

Edited by ilnuhs

How does one find out his/her GUID / unique ID? I dont really know where to ask this more effectively than in this topic. I'm trying to make a support ticket about a game issue, figured it would go alot smoother if I could figure out how to look up my GUID/unique ID. Thanks in advance everyone...

You can get your player ID in profile settings (ingame). That should be enough for support.

Edited by bigmess
  • Like 1

holy crap... the shit hitted the fan pretty darn fast...

Rocket, maybe you should revert that whole perma-banning thing while you setup clear rules of conduct for your mods.

Since picking "hacked items" is pretty much impossible to enforce, don't automaticly ban people based on their inventory.

Maybe put in place a hacker procedure to explain "HOW-To" catch a Hacker.

Put a logging system for the "kills" and secretly write who killed who if isn't already in place.

Open a Ticket system that allow people to send hacker/hacking info like:

Where you teleported?

Where you killed by a invisible player?

Was any kind of unusual weaponery involved?

Was any king of unusual vehicule spotted?

What server were you on?

What time was it on the server?

etc.

Going thru the log, is pretty easy to see 1 player killing a whole server under a few minutes. That not suppose to happen and should be automaticly banned.

I'm pretty sure you could also log item creation for non-dayz item and find out player who did that.

Right now your Mods is way bigger then ever and cheating will grow exponentially if you don't do something and the best tool to counter hacker, is humans.

Implementing a vote kick option per server could be a nice feature. Someone getting constantly kicked could be flagged.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Right now i haven't been ganked by any hacker, i think... but if it were to happen... i'd be really pissed and eventually, if it were to get out of control à la BF3, tempted to stop playing.

Good luck with that!

• Like 5