rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

Ander, how did you know who to ban? I'm trying to figure it out how to identify who's the hacker and who's not. Is there a way besides the logs?

• Like 1

. If YOU know you have been cheating or duping.

does hacking some no cd key server hosted of Valdmir Putin's old windows 98 compooter with a 12 byte per second bandwidth break the rules? i usually try to make their lives hell ._.

but i never touch battleye servers. im also more than wiling to tell the security loopholes my friends found. :)

I know this is an alpha, but cheats that people find should be reported to us - not continously abused silently.

Manually banned another 10 people today.

Usually I dont ban people "right-away" who has an illegal weapon, I just take it away. But in this case it was so blatantly done and after careful consideration I banned those involved with the duping and abuse of AS50 TWS weapons (even when warned on global message / VOIP).

Cheating that is blatant abuse on a clan/guild level can put everyone at risk who is involved knowingly. Clearly unallowed weapons will yield bans on all participants (those found with commonly known duped and unallowed weapons).

I will become increasingly strict, I know about a bunch of clans with duped normal items too and I will start eyeing those too. These items will be removed eventually, but if the duping continues banhammer will strike.

As for cheating. If YOU know you have been cheating or duping. Better remove those duped item tent stores in advance or contact us to mention that you have done wrong but will change your ways

Bans that have been given can rarely be reversed, global battleeye bans dont get reversed at all.

I have been playing for quite some time now and have come across multiple ways to dupe stuff, literally by just playing the game. Most of them involved getting desynced, stuff didn't save properly, clicking on items multiple times etc. For example the whole disconnect in car thing which I believe is fixed for a while now ( not actively trying out these things ).

The flip side is that you say we can report these things, but if I go about and describe a duping process here or on devheaven, everyone can read and abuse it. Are there private bug submissions I'm not aware of? Can we just e-mail that to the dayz mail or something. I'm sorry if this is in a sticky, I'll go look for it right now.

Another side note I want to make is that with bugs like these a reproducibility method is asked. Is there an easy way to get rid of the stuff after you confirmed the process? Just drop it on the ground maybe.

So where should I report hackers..? I talked to a dev (whose name I will not tell here) about a hacker on a stream, I had the timeframe + name of the players, as well as the VoDs of the stream. Still, this dev told me there is "no point" in trying to figure out who the hackers were. I asked him to relay the message or something, but no. My experience of trying to report a hacker has been far from good..

I know this is an alpha, but cheats that people find should be reported to us - not continously abused silently.

Usually I dont ban people "right-away" who has an illegal weapon, I just take it away. But in this case it was so blatantly done and after careful consideration I banned those involved with the duping and abuse of AS50 TWS weapons (even when warned on global message / VOIP).

Cheating that is blatant abuse on a clan/guild level can put everyone at risk who is involved knowingly. Clearly unallowed weapons will yield bans on all participants (those found with commonly known duped and unallowed weapons).

I will become increasingly strict, I know about a bunch of clans with duped normal items too and I will start eyeing those too. These items will be removed eventually, but if the duping continues banhammer will strike.

As for cheating. If YOU know you have been cheating or duping. Better remove those duped item tent stores in advance or contact us to mention that you have done wrong but will change your ways

Bans that have been given can rarely be reversed, global battleeye bans dont get reversed at all.

bravo

• Like 2

Tent duping is way out of hand and I don't think you can blame players for it when the servers are chock full of these tents and there's no way of knowing whether the gear you're picking up is duped or not. You can't even get rid of your tents that dupe, believe me, I've driven over some tent camps 5+ times and they always just come back after server boots with all gear intact. The ball is in the developers' court for this one.

ive never had any problems with duping =/ ghilie suit , nvg's and a rangefinder with a alicepack full of food and medical supplies and yeah. sitting in the middle of cherno with my squad living the good live ^_^ and enfields for everyone ^_^ nobody enters the city without our permission -_-

whats funny we get more of a challenge in cherno on packed servers that we do at the nw airfield. every time we go up there we just mill about for a few days and go back because theres nobody to kill -_-

"Better remove those duped item tent stores"- Ander

It's NOT POSSIBLE to remove the dupe-tents. They just reappear on the next server boot with gear intact even if you flatten them or empty them out.

Edited by Diwwah

Fix the fricking duping bug instead of threatening players? I actually got a good laugh from this shit thread. The bug has been in the game so long and now you want players to do your dirty work while knowing it might not even be possible to remove the tents. You pack up or destroy the tents and after server restart they pop up again. How about pushing the wipe button instead of swinging the banhammer? If you want players to remove the buggy tents then give me the wipe button, I can press it for you happily.

I completely agree. Full tent/vehicle wipe and either fix the issue promptly or disable tents/vehicles until it is fixed.

Yeah the Tent duping bug IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE PLAYER AND THE PLAYER SHOULD NOT BE PUNISHED FOR IT. Try FIXING it instead of just letting it go on and then MAYBE we wouldn't have this tent duping issue? I've got tents in my camp I don't want and I've constantly packed them up, run them over, destroyed them etc. and they come back next server reboot so what am I to do? I've had gear in the tents so I just end up packing up the tent and leaving the gear that respawned with the tent to poof away after some time. Is this my fault? No. This has been an issue since I started playing DayZ and if I was to get a ban because of this, you'd bet I'd be appealing it big time because it's not right in my eyes to ban someone for something they have NO control over. How about fixing the buggy code and then if it still goes on start the ban hammer?

• Like 3

Funny thing.

I was played with my friends on LU 67 when suddenly my M16 ACOG morphed into big ass gun it was(surprise) AS50 TWS. I scream on TS:

WTF.

Then other get the same treatment.

I immediately drop it and DC.

When I log on other server I find that my old gear reappear.

Close call.

Battle Eye have holes so big that you can move a tank division and nobody will notice.

White hate hacker .... LOL - dont ever in any way shape or form attempt to liken a video game cheater with a "hacker". It is in no way whatsoever even similar.

And unless you have written the cheat yourself, through means that you have discovered, not just downloaded something your mates got their hands on, then you are script kiddie wanna be cheat. Don't try to "glorify" it.

cool story bro. sadly i do write all my own scripts. and i know what a script kiddie is and i would pretty much kill myself if i was one. and you must be a neophyte or something saying that messing with a games coding isnt hacking. albeit if you want to be a perfectionist its technically injecting -_-

and i dont really see anywere where i "glorified it" so i think somebody needs to take a chill pill and cool off :)

and you sport the anonymous avatar yet you hold none of the knowledge that comes with it.

Definition :

1. hacker

A person skilled with the use of computers that uses his talents to gain knowledge. Tere are three classifications of hackers:

White-hat (hacking for the enjoyment of exploration)

Black-hat (hacking to find exploits and system weaknesses, see cracker)

and Grey-hat (someone who is a little of both)

i am a white hat. as i have explained before. the scripting style used to "hack / cheat" in ARMA 2 by form of injection

is very similar to A.I coding in both UNITY (C# / java) and UNREAL Engine [3]

im just learning c# and probally c++ next. so i spend my free time keeping up with my knowledge and learning more at the same time, in every term makes me a white hat. :)

Yea funnily enough, a "white hat" hacker would be attempting this on a private server that they have setup not going online and playing against other players.

I like someone who is "learning" telling me what I do and do not know... 796f75722061206675636b776974

There is no knowledge to be gained from doing what you claim to be doing, the only outcome is a working cheat. Funny I've never seen a proof of concept game cheat before, and probably never will.

You don't even have the balls to admit it, you just want to have an advantage over someone else, there is no other purpose for doing it. What are you going to do ? - submit your source to the Arma devs ? or will it wind up being available via "donation" on a website somewhere ?

Another "funny" thing I notice is that it's always the ones who make these claims of being a "hacker" who are in fact the script kiddies, anyone worth their salt would never admit anything like that on a public forum regardless of intent.

• Like 4

I have no control over duping Ander as my tents procreate on there own and even when I try and delete they just come back triple fold. Please fix this first before banning anyone.

Could we also get a direct response from you on this threat since many like me have the same concern. I'm also getting a little worried about the communication from the team as many well though out posts regarding various issues remain unacknowledged. I understand there are many things that need to be kept secret from us but at the same time assuaging us a bit goes a long way.

Thanks

Edited by Poet

we've duped whole tent and vehicle stores before by accident. we've tried emptying the tents and saving them empty, running them over, etc. but the items still come back.

it's pretty easy to dupe stuff if you forget to save...

personally, i'd like a voluntary server wipe on our box. that or a total db wipe after a duping fix (even if it just makes it harder to do it by accident...)

well thank god you agree with me psy.

im glad you see hacking the same way i do. anyone hacking a battleye server deserves a ip ban.

and yes i do look for loopholes in battleye and send them to the devs :)

skivart :D my best bud, how are you doing on this truly glorious sunday?

why are you talking to me? the link that you provided me says different definitions than what you listed on this page. you accuse me of picking out information to use to get attention, yet you did it yourself. kind of funny the only thing you can really say to me is that im an immature raging kiddie. i cant figure out why you are still here arguing over hacking. i dont think you really get it...

Edited by sivart

01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101111 01101100 00101110

Haven't you seen the stories about people getting killed out of no where, or getting teleported into the ocean, or 10 KM up high in the sky? Or the buildings that appear out of nowhere, with weapon crates nearby which contain any weapon you can think of? Or the teleporting machinegun wielding zombies?

By the way, +1 to the DayZ team and everyone who reported those cheaters!

Honestly these ideas sound quite worth a laugh

EDIT: Without wanting to defend anybody though

Edited by Reggiostar