Invy

more of survival than pvp

If I write somethings that was said/suggested before then forgive me:)

I read some thing about clearing towns/wandering hordes.

So my ideas are:

- clearing a town makes it safe for 24h, w/o any respawns of zombies or going even futher...claiming a town. When town is cleared then maybe there could be a system with additionall loot, or things like that, after 24h zombies will appear or make a few horde try to retake the town, wander into town. So that will make somekind of strategic play to try and stop them. Also there could be a global messages that a horde of zombies is aproaching town xxx.

- buildable/destruictable barricades that would slown zombies down but tey will break through. This is a option if the game can handle a hordes of 30-50 zombies:p

- when a zombie kills a player, then few additionall zombies will appear/spawn and form a horde, each time the horde kills another player the number of zombies in that horde will increase. This way we will have a system that would simulate how zombies spread, they turn each human into a zombie that how we saw if movies. So since we dont have a milions ppl online then each kiled player should be considered an 5-10 zombies?

- slow the zombies down, but increase hearing sensing zone, like double or triple it. Ppl should be able to outrun zombies, and in most cases would be catched/killed by suprise or be sorrounded by them. They should react to a gun shots from a much bigger distances, thats how they will surround a player. The biggest threat from zombies should be their numbers not insame runing speeds. (how did you like the WarZ movie? :P)

- zombie social agro if one zombie hears/sees you and go agro mode, then zombies in a similar agro proximity from that agroed zombie should agro as well, this will make a chain reaction making zombies more dangerous and form hordes.

- maybe its used trick, but i think that during a nigh time or something like that zombies would be more active and hunt enyone who will try to wander around. So you need to look shelter. Also then the day night circle should be 3h day light/1h night time, to not make ppl get bored to death in a building trying to survive. And i know this can be avoided by changing to a different server. But this will make a good feel that its damn hard to survive in zombie world.

- decrease the chance of spawning ammo.

This game lacks the good zombie simulation, few zombies in towns make this game more of a pvp or normal arma gamplay instead of survive the zombie horde.

Edited by Invy
  • Like 3

Know that I've seen several of those mentioned before, but still good ideas in my opinion.

I don't know much about code or Arma, but I think at the moment some of the the things you suggested might be very difficult to implement due to limitations imposed by the Arma engine and foundational bits of code, not limitations on the capabilities of the coders working on the project. But i genuinely don't know, I'm a dunce when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Always liked the idea of having slow, steady zombies more than these sonic the hedgehog zombies. They should just hit harder, and have a much greater chance of passing the infection on to the player, but should be easily outrun/ kited. Unless of course one is able to sink it's teeth into you/grab you as you enter a building or something. 

Have you played 7daystodie?

I just dowloaded the game i love the idea of zombies attacking player at night so you need to find/make shelter:)

And i know there have beed similar sugestion but not the same, i think;P Also i know that not all can be implemented in arma2, maybe in arma3 engine will be better;p and better to say a good suggestion even if its not possible rather than stay quiet:)

A good infection code would be great, that you might change into a zombie and kill ur friends that didnt pay attention:D

Edited by Invy

- delete the stupid op weapons like snipers with heatsensor scope, or make them even more rare very rare like umber super rare;p dont place things that dont fit into a survival horror game.

The heatsensor was taken out a long time ago, the m107 and as50 has also been removed.

What other weapons do you find 'stupid op'?

Then nvm that ill delete that, i never came across one of them:p

I hope the zombies are slower tho and that they won't zig zag everywhere when they come at you.

So my ideas are:

- clearing a town makes it safe for 24h, w/o any respawns of zombies or going even futher...claiming a town. When town is cleared then maybe there could be a system with additionall loot, or things like that, after 24h zombies will appear or make a few horde try to retake the town, wander into town. So that will make somekind of strategic play to try and stop them. Also there could be a global messages that a horde of zombies is aproaching town xxx.

No. NO!

Nobody plays for 24 hours straight, making this idea pointless.

Hey, how do you know that?

• Like 1

No. NO!

Are persistent servers a new thing for you? Who on earth said it had to be the same player in the town for 24 hours? Lots of players come and go over a 24 hour period.

Having said that, I don't like the idea at all, but to criticise it for that is just silly.

well i didnt say its for ppl to play 24h, its for other survivors/friends have a "safe zone" to loot. Also i should add it would be verry difficult to clear a town. Not a task for 1 or 2 ppl. Its kinda giving bigger groups of players a purporse. If we clear this town we gonna have more loot. Ok maybe not 24h, lets say 6h? Or how long you want, i dont care about the time you get:)

Another idea But not sure if servers/engine can hadle something like that.

Ok there is a plan to make wandering hordes, and few other ideas flying around but how about this:

The bigger the town the bigger zombie spawns/hordes are, but instead having like 70 zombies in town they will keep spawning until they reach such a riddicioulus number that entering a town would be impposible, so players need to keep killing the zombies if they want even to loot the town. So the more zombie threat and more bullets need to be shot at them coz ppl will need to get into towns for suplies the less bullets they have to hunt other players. Plus if in a middle of town someone starts shooting at others he will be surrounded by zombies really fast. Its like a double edge, you taking a risk in shooting other players that you will be killed by zombies. And ppl will start killing zombies instead of running around with few zombies on their tail.

In short each(example) 20 min, 70 additional zombies would be spawned in a "city". Until they reach a number of 1000.

This can be altered depending how the game/servers will behave and depending on the player tests.

In short each(example) 20 min, 70 additional zombies would be spawned in a "city". Until they reach a number of 1000.

This can be altered depending how the game/servers will behave and depending on the player tests.

We don't know how many zombies the engine can handle, afaik they wanted to spawn a fixed amount of zombies and loot at the beginning of the map andspawn new ones if needed. I doubt most of the servers can handle that many, they might use a trick like having a set amount of zeds depending on the town size and spawning new ones once the players get closer so nobody can use the zombies as indicator for player presence. The more entities the server has to handle the lower it's fps might become until you only have desync to fight. With a lot of players having mediocre rigs and/or bad internet they might even drag down the server even more.

Yea I though the same problems about servers, and fps. But i think idea is quite good, makes the towns more dangerous and more realistic, since in towns there would be lots of ppl  + additional zombies that came to that noisy town:p Atm the town looks more like a ghost town rather than a zombie infested town;p

Some good ideas, only one I disagree with is clearing towns....that would just promote PvP...as the only PvE aspect would have been removed for 24hrs.

But as for more zombies....BRING EM ON!!, I want cherno looking like dead rising 2 :P

Chaining agro could be the best idea ever....would defo force a more stealthy approach to zombis, it wouldn't be "How many am I gonna agro" itd be "How many is that zed gonna agro if I agro him"

what i would like to see: (might lower PvP...)

-player can get infected with virus (if not treatend, virus will spead too much)
       -> player can mutate to a zed, takes a few days of course (like 1/2 hour before full mutation player gets hallucinations)
-zombies are (stronger?) , can bite (takes alot of blood + highly infection risk)

-alot of cars - but no gas anywhere! -> maybe lesser car-raping?
(-helicopters not repairable after hard crash?) -> might need new wreckage model

...its just some suggestions^^

so it was my second day of playing day z SA. I had a shotgun no ammo a firemans ax and gloves oh yha and largest pack

A new spawn runs down the road i say "hey" he pleads for his life so i say i wont kill you im friendly. We start talking i say i got this from a body wen asked about it. He says where? I start saying a mile back and he punches me in the head i beat the hell out of him with my ax and he goes unconscious i kill him when he was down. And wen i was sure he was dead i say you are stupid don't attack someone with no weapon when they have a one shot one kill! That shows how stupid some Bambi are i was friendly and yet attacked.  :beans:          :emptycan:         :beans:

:beans:         :emptycan:         :beans:

first step for more survival realism would getting rid of the freaking 3rd person camera, you wont let yourself be surrounded by zeds when you can see 2 meters behind your back, you'll see when any zombie get behind you and when there's a bunch of them behind a wall or something.

They should 1 hit knock down, 2 hits knock out and 3 hits kill, then you would see  a LOT of survival in this game.

But obviosly they would be glitchy as hell and people would just ragequit when they get wrecked from behind a wall.

Long story short: this game will be never a survival game, not even a good pvp game, it's just a glitchy running simulator where you have to find your equipment before shooting people.

Edited by lipemr
  • Like 2