Sign in to follow this  
guyb790

What's wrong with the loot in DayZ nowdays?

Wwwwhat is up, DayZ Community?

I'm a DayZ player since July 2012 basically, and now days sometimes I enter a server (I usually enter Unofficial Hive servers), whenever I'm going on a loot I basically find almost nothing. Lets give you this scene for example: I'm alone on an Unofficial DayZ Server, no custom mods or the other bullcrap that ruins the game and I'm headed into Elektro. I head to the fire stations, church, market, hospital - nothing! Only garbage loot! (Maybe two cans and one can of drink, that's it).

Does it have anything to do with the unofficial hive of the server? I mean, this is quite ofter annoying because it happens to me A LOT and I'm getting frustrated looking after loot - realizing there's a 90% chance finding barely any useful loot.

Any suggestions / explanation on these situations? What servers should I join that does actually generate loot, or has it changed in some way that I haven't noticed in the change log?

I'd love to have some explanation on the loot system in DayZ because I'm just getting frustrated every time I try to play the game.

Yelp.

On the contrary, I played DayZ for the first time in like six months today and found a ghillie suit, an SA-58 ACOG and an M4 M203 RCO all in 30 minutes.

Edited by Fonzie

R4Z0R is prepping us for the Standalone. Then we'll be crying to Rocket to find a Mosin.

I've found that military weaponry is more common along the coast than before and civilian weapons have been dialed down. I was hoping for the exact opposite, but I guess razor figured that more M4ccos around the coast was best for the mod.

It would be interesting to see how things would change if all of the 7.62 weapons were removed and the M16/SA58acogs were the only remaining scoped rifles. Would definitely make long range KOS more of a challenge. Hopefully the SA will find a proper balance.

Could be because of the new loot spawn condition. You have to get out of town and re"enter to make the loot spawn. When you run too fast into a town, barely nothing will be spawned. 

Edited by monoking

Could be because of the new loot spawn condition. You have to get out of town and re"enter to make the loot spawn. When you run too fast into a town, barely nothing will be spawned. 

That was an issue with 1.7.7.1, shouldn't be happening in 1.8.

• Like 1

That sounds great Fluxley. TBH I played 1.8 a bit and encountered less 'empty' spawns.

• Like 1

Bludy I'm too scared to venture into town to see for myself! I guess I'll give it a go when I have the ammo. I haven't aggroed zombies in 1.8 yet but if they are as tough as people say I will want to be able to shoot my way out and make a break for it.

Edited by bibbish

I've died for the first time from zeds in months firing a weapon in town a few times. And not even a big town. If you don't have a back door or a silenced weapon, you will be eaten. So awesome.

So many people spawn and come to Elektro and they take all the valuable loot, and if I'm correct loot doesn't respawn unless no one is in the area for a while. That almost never happens in Elektro, because it's Elektro. If you don't find stuff in Elektro, go to Cherno and vice versa. If you don't find any loot at all, go loot towns that no one ever goes to.