Epictakeaway

DayZ Commander not installing/updating (1.8) and DayZEpoch

So the latest DayZ mod version came out recently (1.8) and DayZEpoch (1.0.2.2) and whenever I try updating them (by clicking the download button to the right of the name after selecting the mods latest version) it starts checking for files and downloading, but then it stops and come up with a little red triangle next to it, when I hover my cursor over the triangle it comes up with this following error message:

system.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known

at System.Net.Dns.GetAddInfo(String name)

at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean IncludeIPv6)

at System.Net.DNS.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAdress)

at Dotjosh.DayZCommander.App.Core.ModVersionInstaller.InstallSync(ModVersion newVersion, ModVersionFile modVersionFile)

Any help on how I could fix this, and/or update these would be great

-Thanks.

Probably a DNS issue judging from the error. Most likely have to update your DNS settings but you can try flushing it and checking your firewall first.

Check DayZCommander is allowed through your windows firewall, then restart DayzCommander.

If that doesn't work:

Try flushing your DNS (Start > Command Prompt > Type: "Ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes), then restart DayzCommander.

If that doesn't work:

Change your DNS settings to either Google or OpenDNS, then restart DayzCommander. Instructions for each are below:

Ignore that, just checked and it's an issue on their end.

Edited by SmashT

I discovered yesterday that I'm having the same problem, so I took some time to scrounge around on the internet and found a place where you can manually download DayZ Epoch's 1.0.2.2, seeing as the most recent patch isn't up on 90% of the epoch servers. And found a link to this: http://downloads.vendettagamingclan.org/downloads/Client/ (The original place I found it: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1659-no-download-link-for-1022/ ).

I have not yet found a solution for the red triangle error, but from what I've seen if you download the mod and put it into your Arma2 OA folder (which is where DZC installs them anyway) then refresh versions on the Commander client, it should register you as having the mod version installed, I haven't tried this with the 1.8 update, as I managed to download it a few days back, but the same basic idea should work, download DayZ mod 1.8, and manually place it into your OA folder, then refresh the DZC client versions under install/update and it should register as being there and up to date.

While it's only a temporary fix, it's something that should hold you over till you can properly download again.

• Like 1

So does anyone know the real cause of the download servers being down? Because as far as I know they were working up until some time 1-2 days ago.

• Like 1

I am having this same issue trying to update the following mods through Dayz Commander:

Dayz - 1.7.7.1  to 1.8

Dayz 2017 - 2.0.1 to 2.1

Dayz Epoch - 1.0.2.1 to 1.0.2.3

Comes up with blue Info button and Red Warning Exclamation sign.

Take it that no one with Dayz Commander has updated successfully,  Hopefully they are trying to fix the issue.

I am not that savy on updating mods manually (don't want to stuff things up more), 

Does anyone know if there is a similar program like Dayz Commander I can use to update he mods until Dayz Commander gets this sorted? 

Thanks

FOUND A FIX!!!

Go to: 

http://dayzepoch.com/

Download: 

Torrent Manual Client Install: DayZ Epoch 1.0.2.3 Client Files

Right click and copy folder "@DayZ_Epoch" found in the newly downloaded file

Go to:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/ 

Right click and paste "@DayZ_Epoch" folder

Close window

Open Dayz commander

Open "install/update" tab

Click "refresh versions"

VOILA!!!

Now you have latest epoch version installed!

Your welcome.

FOUND A FIX!!!

Go to: 

Download: 

Go to:

Close window

Open Dayz commander

Click "refresh versions"

VOILA!!!

Your welcome.

Done as stated above. Still is not working for me  :(. Was there something that was missed out? Or can anyone else help out on this matter? Thanks :)

Edited by n1cole

FOUND A FIX!!!

Go to: 

Download: 

Go to:

Close window

Open Dayz commander

Click "refresh versions"

VOILA!!!

Your welcome.

Thank you, Thank you..... ColdWarMan!!

Followed your instructions and when I opened Dayz Commander the Epoch was already uptodate didn't have to refresh or anything. 

The only thing I did was move the original @dayz_epoch folder to another location before copying the new one in (just incase it didn't work I would have the original (older verision) one to use).

I am just trying to load into a new game now.  Success!!! works great.

Just have to find @dayz 1.8 and do the same.  Anyone have a safe link to download would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Hey guys,

For those of you that still couldnt get it working i have another solution.

You can temporarily download six and then download epoch from there. If you click the link i put below after downloading six, click download and epoch should start downloading.

http://play.withsix.com/mods/478-dayz_epoch

Hopefully this helped.

I had the same problem, I fixed it by downloading Play with Six and downloading/launching from there. Playing 1.8 now, it's pretty cool!

HERE'S HOW TO UPDATE MANUALLY to @Dayz 1.8:

Goto: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/148010-dayz-mod-18-update/

And download the "Full Download" - Client File:  http://cdn.dayz.nu/latest/1.8/@Client-1.8-Full.rar

Once downloaded I unrared it then went to where the @dayz files are on my computer, which is:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

at this point I actually moved my copy of @dayz somewhere else incase I needed it back if the update didn't work. 

Then open the unrared folder and inside there is two folders @dayz and keys (not sure what the keys is for if anyone knows please post).  I then copied the @dayz folder in to the arama 2 operation arrowhed folder.

closed everything, then opened Dayz Commander checked in the install/update area and the @dayz was updated to 1.8 it was no longer in the yellow text but still has the Reinstall and blue Info button.  I didn't touch anything just clicked done and loaded into a server..

Hope this works for you to.

I am testing it now by joining a 1.8 server.  Works Great.

Note a couple of servers I tried, I seemed to be stuck after choosing where to loadin, not sure if I was impatient but I shutdown after the counter (bottom right corner reached 100).  But a couple of my favorite servers loaded in just fine.

Good Luck.

same but 1. when i download dayz maps on commander it said the same error but thats with EVERY THING ....

AND I WANT TO FIX MY CURRUPTED DAYZ ORIGINS

So the latest DayZ mod version came out recently (1.8) and DayZEpoch (1.0.2.2) and whenever I try updating them (by clicking the download button to the right of the name after selecting the mods latest version) it starts checking for files and downloading, but then it stops and come up with a little red triangle next to it, when I hover my cursor over the triangle it comes up with this following error message:

system.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known

at System.Net.Dns.GetAddInfo(String name)

at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean IncludeIPv6)

at System.Net.DNS.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAdress)

at Dotjosh.DayZCommander.App.Core.ModVersionInstaller.InstallSync(ModVersion newVersion, ModVersionFile modVersionFile)

Any help on how I could fix this, and/or update these would be great

-Thanks.

Just change your DNS to Google DNS.

Edited by masmem
  • Like 1

Yes... Just change DNS...

DNS Google Prim.(8.8.8.8) Sec.(8.8.4.4)

Tanks MASMEM

Im confused here.

I dont know how many months has passed since i played Arma 2 epoch or used the dayz commander for that matter.

It doesnt want to download and it has corrupted the whole game. I tried some time back and figure it, but the whole dumbness is just not worth the time. So here i am at it again, downloaded the full versions, but still nothing is happending. The servers are still greyed out.

The dayz commander is downloading at 5 byte speed, retarded. MANY has the same problem, because the servers i used to play at was always full and could take a while before you get it. Today and on many occassions ive checked out dayz commander because of this issue. The server hasnt ever been full yet. Good job.