Sign in to follow this  
iashford

Custom Models for Mod

I was wondering if the mod leaders would be interested in implementing a custom model I've made for the mod? Unfortunately I don't rig, nor do I import into the game, however I believe there would be talented people in the community able to do this. I've fixed her to the ARMA II Skeleton, so there shouldn't be any dramas there. I've also tried to make her as 'broad' as possible without looking masculine so she'd have the same dimensions (somewhat) as male models. She is considerably a lot less poly's then the average arma 2 model as well, so that is also a bonus.

survivor_zps9d985d2c.jpg

I also want to make more models for the mod, granted that interest has been sparked

• Like 11

Yes, I support I. Ash, it would be awesome to port people's player models in game. It would be less work for the devs and seem like the people can input on the game without breaking it. Also the player model is good and should be in...

Is there a nude version of this??  jk

Nice work, the best way to get this in the mod would be to ask them directly in the BIS forums.

This is AWSOME. We need this in the mod.....get in touch with them like others said.....do it NOW! :P

Nice stuff. What's the poly count? Texture resolution?

Good questions. She's just over 9k poly's, and I believe the arma ones (excluding the head) is around 11k? So she's pretty good. She doesn't have a lot of detail like a vest, belt, pouches, helmet, etc. but she's as detailed as possible with her given outfit. The texture resolution is 2048x2048 but all her textures (face, hair, clothes, etc) are on the one texture file, with obviously the spec an normal map being on others. My main concern with that was does arma support 2048x2048 textures? I'm assuming it would as it's a PC orientated game. I'd appreciate anyone who could enlighten me about that.

And thanks for the good words and how to contact the leader. I sent him a PM a couple of days ago... I suppose I didn't use the best means of contact

Good questions. She's just over 9k poly's, and I believe the arma ones (excluding the head) is around 11k? So she's pretty good. She doesn't have a lot of detail like a vest, belt, pouches, helmet, etc. but she's as detailed as possible with her given outfit. The texture resolution is 2048x2048 but all her textures (face, hair, clothes, etc) are on the one texture file, with obviously the spec an normal map being on others. My main concern with that was does arma support 2048x2048 textures? I'm assuming it would as it's a PC orientated game. I'd appreciate anyone who could enlighten me about that.

And thanks for the good words and how to contact the leader. I sent him a PM a couple of days ago... I suppose I didn't use the best means of contact

Poly count looks good. As for textures, I don't remember off the top of my head but I'll take a look later. Bump just in case someone else knows before I find out.

A good place to check out and ask would be opendayz.net. A lot of the creative forces behind the mods of the mod can be found there and you might find your work in game quicker by letting them see it.  At the very least they can help with you more technical questions.

Hi i.ash, I'm part of the dev team and I finished defining the bones, still need to get the textures working and polish it. None the less it is animatedKoG9AKI.jpg

Now all we need is females being able to wear ghillie suits and hero outfits.. Only time will come to that ;)

I commend your effort but the current skins in the mod have become almost iconic and are much higher res, texture-wise. I really can't see them being changed.

I commend your effort but the current skins in the mod have become almost iconic and are much higher res, texture-wise. I really can't see them being changed.

Textures are one of the easiest things to replace on a model so I hope you turn out to be wrong (for the right reasons ofcourse!) :)

I really like the model and would love to take her for a spin. Great job OP!

Edited by BadLuckBurt