billyangstadt

Did anyone buy Arma 2 solely for this mod?

Bought it only for the mod and while I remember seeing some trailers for Arma, it never had much appeal to me in its original form. Playing as survivor and always looking to team up.

Playing Arma2 only for Dayz is stupid. The original game has really cool things to offer. I preordered Arma2 on steam and heard about Dayz on /v/.

Why insult a good portion of the players, me included? I spent like 30 eur on this whole thing to play DayZ and its pretty good...am I interested to ever even start the 'normal' Arma? Not really, I play enough other games.

I did & there isn't one; & it is to see if people who have bought the game for the DayZ MOD are more likely to be more pvp orientated than people who have have the game originally.

Rubish, there have been several threads like this in the past two weeks.

Rubish' date=' there have been several threads like this in the past two weeks.

[/quote']

Try harder to be a mod...

I've had arma/arma2 oa baf for years and i love it. Better than dayz but it's still alpha.

As someone else said "I bought ARMA2 just for DayZ, and I must say that the purchase was worth it."

I just launched ARMA II by itself ONCE, to train in the boot camp, and configure the graphics and controls to get a smooth experience.

Then DayZ.

I can sign the list of people who fell in love with the first video of DayZ being watched and never touched Arma 2, just DayZ

For everyone interested, this was the video I watched:

not even played dayz yet due to needed parts for pc, but i played operation flashpoint, arma, arma 2 for years have all the expansion packs arma has so much to offer like someone said on its own id sit there for hours playing in mission editor blowing stuff up etc. dying to get onto this mod tho

I considered buying Arma II about 15 times over the past year or so.. as I'm a big Project Reality fan and they were doing an Arma II mod. Also, military sim is more what i'm interested in if it's ever made actually fun...

But, to answer the question, Day Z made me take the plunge and pull out my wallet. Worth every penny. In all honesty, I wish I could have paid the money directly to Rocket.

Only for DayZ, no offense to the main game but I'm pretty much sick of any military setting at this point.

I picked up my Arma 2 combo from Steam because they were having a sale...both for 30 bucks. I used to player Operation Flashpoint back in the day and decided to get back in the saddle with Arma 2.

I came across the Day Z mod by accident almost on the same daythat I downloaded Arma 2. I was like - what the heck....what is this gem? Got hooked and have been playing it ever since.

Without a doubt, Arma 3/Day Z will be simply amazing....

Got Arma 2 since release but it was incredibly borked at that time and so i didnt care much for it.After BF3 got boring i had to try out Arma 2 again and yeah,thats how i ended up here

a friend linked me to an article on DayZ, I instantly saw the potential but then realised I had to buy Arma2. I was resistant a first but eventually took the plunge thinking, this had better be the best mod in the world..I guess it got lucky..

Yes. This is the first gaming pc I've owned in 10 years. I was a huge fan of operation flashpoint, and probably would have picked up arma III anyway, but the buzz surrounding this game was just too much to ignore. So far, dayz has exceeded my expectation and has me addicted.

I'd played ARMA 2 before and was keen to get into the game once the F2P version went live but just never got time to get into it. I bought the ARMA X edition purely to run the DAY Z game and I am really pleased with it. I think it was worth the money alone and I see ARMA 2 as a nice little bonus! :)

Long time ARMA player, bought in 2010, the mod is a bonus and a very good one too :)

No, I had ARMA: CO previous to DayZ. I go way back to the OFP days. Although I admit not playing ARMA II extensively. But I played OFP for hundreds and hundreds of hours back in the day, before life got in the way for a while.

I played the hell out of the original Operation Flashpoint but never really touched Arma 2, then I heard about the mod and figured why not.

I've been a supporter of BIS since Operation flashpoint. Own that, ArmA and ArmA 2 with all the requisite expansions. Will own ArmA 3 when it comes out. Haven't touched another shooter since Operation Flashpiont.

ArmA 2 had been on hiatus for a while, but I came back to check out this mod. Can't say I'm dissapointed.

Plinnikov has survived for three days so far and hasn't so much as fired a single shot at another living person.

Already had it for Project Reality, but this was a real good reason to make me play again.