- Trade -

- Goods -

- Security -

- Ammo Exchange -

- Transfusions -

We Are Currently Located At

Freeside 1

Freeside 2 (Primary Server)

• A note on the servers: For some reason, Six Launcher does not like us. The servers can be found easily in-game by filtering for "Freeside," but cannot (at this point) be found in the launcher. They are there, trust me. :)

Upcoming Events

Traders are reminded to announce themselves before entry and familiarize themselves with our

Security Policy.

Players spawning within the trading post will be shot

Unless otherwise posted in the

Announcements section of our forums, we will be facilitating trade from 20:00-23:00 UTC Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of each week at Devil's Castle on Freeside 2.

We also offer trade facilitation during "off-hours." Go the the

Freeside Trades section of our forum to find out how.

Announcements

Please conduct trades on our forum.

If you need to contact leadership, please CC your message to Publik, Vulwulf, and Kurkistan for a more timely response.

The only people with valid [FTC] tags have the tag at the end of their names. For example: Publik [FTC].

Fees And Rates*

• Access to the trading post
  • Transfusions
  • Food and Water
  • Mercenary Work

Key:

Food, Ammo, Medical Supplies, Vehicle Parts, Construction materials

Free with entry

Choice of loot found while in service

*Rates always open to negotiation

Recruitment

We are now recruiting for Freeside Trading Co. If you are interested, please join our forum and post in the Employee Application subforum.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 18

I really hope this trading idea will succeed. I'd love to try it out sometime when you get your reputation up and its safe and all that. ;P

• Like 1

One thought.. Wouldn't it be good to have extra firepower from the traders if we were attacked? Guess it all depends on the situation.. But I know for myself it would be mighty difficult to sit and do nothing if I was attacked randomly. I know the confusion factor would probably be high and it's probably safer to have that as the general rule.. But I suppose if a big enough group attacked or something we could tell people to attack.

And sorry if this was mentioned but are we doing a team speak thing the whole time? Or mostly direct chat?*

*i meant for the actual trading operation

I'd like to contribute to your grand scheme. Any way the common folk can help out?

Nice work Publik. Very pretty formatting. I eagerly await the completion of the "Employee" section.

One note on the "Hostile Actions" section, though: "Entry or exit from an unauthorized area (we'll assume that you're up to no good)." Also, we probably want to make our willingness to store violators' goods conditional on the provocation which caused us to open fire--Ghosting in with a can of beans is different from ghosting in with a grenade in hand.

I'd like to contribute to your grand scheme. Any way the common folk can help out?

I think he's working on the "Employee" section to tell you just that. :)

One thought.. Wouldn't it be good to have extra firepower from the traders if we were attacked? Guess it all depends on the situation.. But I know for myself it would be mighty difficult to sit and do nothing if I was attacked randomly. I know the confusion factor would probably be high and it's probably safer to have that as the general rule.. But I suppose if a big enough group attacked or something we could tell people to attack.

And sorry if this was mentioned but are we doing a team speak thing the whole time? Or mostly direct chat?*

*i meant for the actual trading operation

We could give out a "weapons free" order if it comes down to it, I suppose. We would just have to be sure to coordinate it over TS3 within the group of guards before announcing it over Direct, so as not to make trolling too easy.

The best course may be to have the "weapons free" order be given out only in text chat by a specific individual who identifies himself accurately as a guard beforehand, so that the guards and civvies can double check his name.

Direct for customers, TS3 for members of the company, as Publik intimated in his "Operating Procedures for Customers" section. Keeping the company on TS3 at all times will help to make sure that guards are always communicating and communicating with the right people.

Direct for customers' date=' TS3 for members of the company, as Publik intimated in his "Operating Procedures for Customers" section. Keeping the company on TS3 at all times will help to make sure that guards are always communicating and communicating with the right people.

[/quote']

Exactly what I was thinking. But it would be even better if the guard element had their own TS3 channel. That way all posts could have direct communication with the SOG (Sergeant of the Guard), COG (Corporal of the Guard if we decide to have one), QRF Commander (which I sincerely hope we do end up having), and other posts. Just a general Freeside TS3 channel would get confusing with all the different elements we are talking about utilizing.

Direct for customers' date=' TS3 for members of the company, as Publik intimated in his "Operating Procedures for Customers" section. Keeping the company on TS3 at all times will help to make sure that guards are always communicating and communicating with the right people.

[/quote']

Exactly what I was thinking. But it would be even better if the guard element had their own TS3 channel. That way all posts could have direct communication with the SOG (Sergeant of the Guard), COG (Corporal of the Guard if we decide to have one), QRF Commander (which I sincerely hope we do end up having), and other posts. Just a general Freeside TS3 thread would get confusing with all the different elements we are talking about utilizing.

It was talked about a bit in the TS3 meeting. Basically, yes, there will be multiple channels in TS with a 'command' channel which will be used by the leaders to talk to all sub channels at the same time.

For instance, if the Trading post is under Heavy attack they might recall the scavengers/other partys to help in the defence, or warn them to stay away for a while as to not be mistaken for enemy targets, ect...

This sounds really, really cool.

Will definitely keep an eye on this space.

The "Employees" section will cover stuff like insurance and hazard pay, as well as ROF and general stuff our members should be aware of. Nothing compromising, like patrol paths and timing, but general stuff so traders can be aware of how they should act and how they can expect our employees to act, and anyone that wants to join can see a few of our internal rules ahead of time.

I'll be getting that together tomorrow. Also wondering if I should post the roster? Might be good to have something where people can see who our people are and know who to trust, or something like that.

Quick Edit: Can someone look into the squad.xml stuff? I'm pretty sure we can get a logo on our characters in-game?

I have a great interest in this. If you ever need a donation of tents, parts for cars or defence materials, give me a pm and ill see what i can get for you.

Good to see the project is well alive and about to be lunched!

I keep an eye on this thread for the near future...

Trading, guarding or scavenging... who knows.. I might be able to contribute one day.

Greets!

It seems like there are a lot of people in the steam group now. Be careful though, I feel like if too many people try to work at once it will quickly turn into chaos. That and untrustworthy people waiting for the right moment to strike. Perhaps there should be some sort of access levels, like a green zone - only certain people should be inside the zone where trading/storage or whatever is and excess guards/whoever else on the perimeter.

I just foresee this being very chaotic come the dry run. I think everyone involved knowing their duties and roles beforehand with an established chain of command will be beneficial.

I could supply you guys with whatever you need just to help you get started. Only if you need me ofcourse. :)

I like the concept, I doubt it's gonna work with all the cod-puppies around though.

I would love to see this succeed. Meeting and trading with other players is too dangerous. An entrance fee would be neccesary: water, food, ammo. Nothing expensive or unreasonable, just enough to pay the guards.

If you need any help building, scavenging or guards when this is up and running PM me. A friend of mine I play with is willing to contribute as well. Best of luck.

As I said with the previous attempt, the Post, I am in. Glad to see this taking shape and I am very interested to see where this leads.

incredible project guys, keep up the awesome work!

just a question: say I want to trade my AK for a Sniper Rifle, do I write in chat something like WTT etc. ? isnt' chat disabled now?

incredible project guys' date=' keep up the awesome work!

just a question: say I want to trade my AK for a Sniper Rifle, do I write in chat something like WTT etc. ? isnt' chat disabled now?

[/quote']

Direct chat is still available, so we'll use that for traders. Using a "WTT X for Y or Z" might work well yeah.

I read on the steam group you'll be doing the first trial run in Balota airfield. So you guys not going for Skalisty Island? Balota airfield seems like a good place to get griefed by freshly spawned people. Not to mention you'll be harassed all the time by bandits because of the high end loot spawning there.

I read on the steam group you'll be doing the first trial run in Balota airfield. So you guys not going for Skalisty Island? Balota airfield seems like a good place to get griefed by freshly spawned people. Not to mention you'll be harassed all the time by bandits because of the high end loot spawning there.

No, it's not exactly Balota airfield itself, that would be a little hard to defend.

Skalisty Island is a goal down the line, we simply don't have the resources yet (boats/huey etc...)