Target Practice (DayZ)

Tried to jump back into DayZ...

It was one of the stupidest things added to the game ....players being automatically given certain type of cloths that he had to wear because of his humanity ....you think bandits would want to mark themselves as bandits by wearing certain cloths ? no they would want to blend in....how is that realistic/authentic?

It's symbolic, isn't realistic, of course, but you can't ever create a realistic video game. You have more than one life in the game. Developers have to add some "rules" to their product to have things working fine.

Edited by BrutoDetestsSB

The problem is there are too many players who are not fighting for survival, they just want to get the next kill even if it means they themselves will die, Thats what people are trying to discuss here.

You're constant heroes vs bandits paranoia is doing nothing but derail the thread.

There is no problem ffs.....you say there are too many players not fighting for survival. This is how to survive where even bandits wont kill you

1.Go to an empty town

2.Get fully geared

3.Head north find a water supply that you can fill your water bottle with

4.Kill animals for food or go to a town near the water supply and scope the place out a little.

5.Go loot some food when you know its safe and get out.....RINSE AND REPEAT.

Thats how to survive ...you wont get killed by bandits and you can survive as long as you want so you cant complain about bandits....let them do there thing and run around killing each other....and survivors can do there thing and survive. Have fun sitting in the woods all day doing nothing but watching your food and drink icons.

It's symbolic, isn't realistic, of course, but you can't ever create a realistic video game. You have more than one life in the game. Developers have to add some "rules" to their product to have things working fine.

Im sorry but what you said is just complete rubbish.

Edited by Massicor

The game is meant to simulate a survival situation, if there's a large part of the player base who have no interest in surviving then there is clearly a problem.

• Like 2

The game is meant to simulate a survival situation, if there's a large part of the player base who have no interest in surviving then there is clearly a problem.

There is no problem....even bandits are surviving ...they don't let themselves just bleed out after being hit by a zed do they ? they don't let other bandits just shoot them do they ? they don't let there thirst and hunger kill them do they ? they will try and find antibiotics to cure infection wont they ? That looks like survival to me albeit not sitting in the woods watching there icons all day survival ...but survival non the less.

Edited by Massicor

Again, this is nothing to do with bandits heroes or survivors. this is where you completely miss the point.

There's a lot of players who's only goal is to run into a high pop area grab the first weapon they see and start pvp'ing, they get a few kills then die, then run back and rinse and repeat, that is not surviving.

• Like 1

Again, this is nothing to do with bandits heroes or survivors. this is where you completely miss the point.

There's a lot of players who's only goal is to run into a high pop area grab the first weapon they see and start pvp'ing, they get a few kills then die, then run back and rinse and repeat, that is not surviving.

Let them do what they want ...their still not a problem.

Well, one thing for instance would be that the zombies should act more zombie like. Anyone remember the walking dead, end of season two it was I think, where the little kid shot shane, and that aggroed like 900 Walkers? Anyone who has fired a gun IRL, knows that it is loud as f*ck, and the sound carries like for ever. Have that properly implemented in the SA. I wan't there to be like sleeping walkers, and only if you fire a shot, they'll get up and investigate. It shouldn't matter at what you shot, just that you shot. Every gunshot should pull at least, at very least 30 to 50 Zombies, depending on the size of the city/town.

Also add an option to interact more with players. Like a "hold up" option if aiming at players close enough, which will give them an option to say no or yes, where they would put their hands behind their heads and immobilizing them. They should always have the option to leave that position though. While they are standing or kneeling like that the agressor should be able to search them (not just their backpack). This would give the "hostage" the chance to use the "leave this positon" option, and turn on the agressor. I would love to do hold ups like that, with my friend keeping a gun to their heads, so that they don't do stupid things hehe.

I really belive that this should reduce KOS, because the "Kos'er" can't just shoot around in cities no more (no one can) and it would be possible to disarm players more easily.

Tell me what you think!

Weparo out

There is no problem....even bandits are surviving ...they don't let themselves just bleed out after being hit by a zed do they ? they don't let other bandits just shoot them do they ? they don't let there thirst and hunger kill them do they ? they will try and find antibiotics to cure infection wont they ? That looks like survival to me albeit not sitting in the woods watching there icons all day survival ...but survival non the less.

please refer to OP, point is moot. A bandit is not surviving when he shoots a player that does not know he is there and ignores a trail of zombies. He is just playing DM in a survival game. In a real zombie apocalypse ( yes i get that is a oxymoron) a person would not ignore 6 zombie right behind him to shoot someone 50 meters away that has no clue they are there.

I ignore dgeesio since he hasn't made a intelligent point yet. I think my 10 year old nephew made better points in better English. Maybe he just doesn't grasp the argument at hand.

Edited by Chucknorris405
  • Like 2

Yes, I find it bothersome as well. I think most "role players" if that's the correct term left the game and were replaced by death matchers. Not a judgement, just an observation. I too came back to the game in a limited capacity after a break of several months and usually get KoS'd at some point, even as a fresh spawn which doesn't make much sense to me but that's the game.

In fact the very last time I logged on I thought I'd be clever and join a server with few players on it. I picked a server with 1 player on it thinking I'd be safe. Of course while wounded/bleeding/coughing in Balota, trying for my life to fix a little bird and get away that 1 fucking player has to show up, I crouch, turn my back to him and shoot at the conga line of zeds following me, hoping the player would take the hint and maybe help a brotha out and, who knows, maybe work together since there are only 2 of us on the server but nooooo, that guy has to shoot me in the back until I'm dead. I, too, hope that there are some mechanics in the SA that would dissuade a player from doing that.

As for letting myself get robbed by players then killed in the SA, I say fuck that. I'll combat log before I let roving bands of 10 year olds ruin my game. Just sayin.

So, 1.8 is out, and looks like it's made DayZ potentially interesting again, so I figured I'd update and give it a whirl. In all honesty, I never really had a problem with DayZ that made me stop playing it, I just felt like I'd done more or less everything there was to do at a point, and that I'd sit out for a few months to let the burnout pass. The one thing I did have an issue with was the frequency of KOS, and not just 'two guys meeting in a supermarket, one shoots first to make sure the other doesn't' KOS, I mean the 'minding your own business as a fresh spawn, BOOM you're dead' KOS.

Anyway, I found a quiet server (7/60 or something) and got to playing. Initial impressions were good - loot availability seemed about right, within half an hour I'd managed to scavenge up a couple of cans of drink, a hatchet and a small backpack - enough to keep me alive. Zombies seemed tough but fair (ish - obviously the walking through walls and ultra-speed notwithstanding. :P), and I could actually feel myself starting to enjoy DayZ aga.... BOOM.

Shot. Didn't kill me, but broke my legs. I frantically looked round, trying to work out where I needed to crawl from, and there, clear as day about 50m behind me was some dude standing right out in the open, big conga-line of zombies behind him, is some dude with an assault rifle.

This, for me, is DayZ's biggest problem right now. Unprovoked, unnecessary KOS in situations where firing a gun should be a near death-sentence, used only as a last resort when you're already swarmed by zombies, and you need to clear space to get away. The problem is, I don't know how it's going to be fixed - the other problem is, it's only going to get worse - eventually, non-KOS players are going to get fed up swimming against the tide and either start shooting first or just quit altogether, and you're going to find even fewer players out there who won't think twice about putting a bullet in your brain to say hello.

I'm aware this may sound slightly like a whining/crying post - it really isn't. I actually don't have a problem with KOS in moderation - in a server with 50 people on, having one or two maniacs who keep things interesting will increase tension and therefore enjoyment. The problem for me is that it's the wrong way round - there's 48 lunatics running round without a single fuck given, and 2 poor guys expecting every step to be their last.

please refer to OP, point is moot. A bandit is not surviving when he shoots a player that does not know he is there and ignores a trail of zombies. He is just playing DM in a survival game. In a real zombie apocalypse ( yes i get that is a oxymoron) a person would not ignore 6 zombie right behind him to shoot someone 50 meters away that has no clue they are there.

I ignore dgeesio since he hasn't made a intelligent point yet. I think my 10 year old nephew made better points in better English.

More nonsense ...a bandit is surviving like i said above and just because he shoots another player when he doesn't have to doesn't mean hes not surviving....any new spawn is a threat as they can shoot you as soon as they get a weapon ...why not take out the threat before it becomes one?  .....and comparing a game to real life in the context your comparing it in is silly.

Edited by Massicor

More nonsense ...a bandit is surviving like i said above and just because he shoots another player when he doesn't have to doesn't mean hes not surviving....any new spawn is a threat as they can shoot you as soon as they get a weapon ...why not take out the threat before it becomes one?  .....and comparing a game to real life in the context your comparing it in is silly.

The problem is that the kos'er is at a massive advantage, destroying game balance. refer to my previous post for a why and how to change it.

The problem is that the kos'er is at a massive advantage, destroying game balance. refer to my previous post for a why and how to change it.

There is no way to change it....and shouldn't be changed even if it could be. The kos'er may be at an advantage ...but why shouldn't he be ? hes putting in the effort to get that advantage ..your the one putting yourself at the disadvantage by not kosing. And you made your own choice not to kos he didnt make it for you. This game is full of advantages and disadvantages just like all games....cant fix that.

Edited by Massicor

There is no way to change it....and shouldn't be changed even if it could be. The kos'er may be at an advantage ...but why shouldn't he be ? hes putting in the effort to get that advantage ..your the one putting yourself at the disadvantage by not kosing. And you made your own choice not to kos he didnt make it for you. This game is full of advantages and disadvantages just like all games....cant fix that.

Dude, uhmmm, NO?! There is a way of changing it, and i just proposed it. Why shouldn't the Kos'er be at an advantage? Well wouldn't you the one complaining if we'd put all heroes at a major advantage? Screw that! All play styles should be allowed/be able to be played. And atm they are not. You should have the fair and free choice between Hero, Bandit, Survivor and Kos'er play style. Also, please elaborate how the Kos'er puts any effort into getting that advantage. I'll say that his path is the easiest to go, and therefore should be balanced.

We are only going in circles because you and your friend dgeesio are not willing to give up your (unfair) advantages. Now tell me what exactly is wrong with the propositons made here, before you reject them.

Simple solution ... make guns and ammo rare.  Currently there's far too much armament and not enough anything-else, making the mod a thinly disguised combat FPS instead of an apocalyptic survival sim.

• Like 2

Players are so hell bent to KOS...I had a player chase me all around town trying to kill me with an axe an AXE!!!!

I had a M14 and could have killed him easy yet I didn't so I just ran away and watched from a hill as he was KOS by another player and the funny thing is before he got shot I heard him say (Don't shoot I have nothing) yet he was trying to kill me for no reason.

I think games like COD have really hurt dayz but we all must learn to deal with these type of players in the end we will win.

• Like 1

I ignore dgeesio since he hasn't made a intelligent point yet. I think my 10 year old nephew made better points in better English. Maybe he just doesn't grasp the argument at hand.

what you dont understand is bandits do kill to survive and get food and other items off players. while some may think thats not surviving it is its just a bandits way of survival. i dont even know why i am replying to you as its obvious those who are pro banditism and who are against. they just cant unbaised.

i have gave ways to cut it down and how people could help to stop bandits without nerfig bandits. best thing is its still gunna end up a kos game regardles of what is added and those who cant see that are just ignoring it or maybe too dumb to notice.

i havent seen one good suggestion to cutting bandits overpowered ways yet im ignoring the issue :lol:  the funny thin is not one person has suggested a good reason at all and thats why we play as we do.

either debate fairly and none baised or dont bother.

i think if we are going to nerf bandits down or hold them back people who are heros for eg shouldnt be able to hold guns and use weapons. if they medics or helping people why do they need weapons ? just the same as bandits. treat one as the other.

BEFORE YOU SAY MISS THE POINT, NO ONE HAS MISSED ANY POINT INTERNET KINGS ! I UNDERSTAND SOME DONT LIKE BANDITS AND KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE ! THANKYOU FOR READING THIS AND UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF !

suggest a good way for solving the issue you say is ingame or gtfo picking at threads or sentances .

Simple solution ... make guns and ammo rare.  Currently there's far too much armament and not enough anything-else, making the mod a thinly disguised combat FPS instead of an apocalyptic survival sim.

I've hear that argument a lot too. I think it's flawed though. Also I use a gun to take care of Zombies very often too. And wouldn't it increase the odds of getting shot for ammo too? Personally I am against it. I think weapons should be nerfed in the sense of having less military guns and more enfields XD

@dgeesio : kid (i've heard your voice on YT, you're not even allowed here), NO. Maybe read your own posts again, you are talking out of context 90% of the time while others have made good points and arguments you just keept repeating your old BROKEN arguments. Also no one ever talked about taking away weaponry. You say treat one as the other, but that is actually what we are trying to to do, while you just disrupt the process saying "Hurr Durr, no, it doesen't work anyways, governement gone, take guns from heroes..."

EDIT: Also you don't seem to get the point that we are talking about Kos'ers that will kill even if they saw you spawning at the coast and not about Bandits, that STEAL and sometimes kill for items.

Edited by Weparo

KOS debates aside, I have fond memories of March 2012 when this was brand new.  The panicked reports of player killers operating here or there on side chat, most people were just stumbling around trying to survive and knowing that there was a psycho killer or two out there upped the tension dramatically. With the ffa dm most servers have these days, that feeling is lost. Hard to recapture that feeling even if KOS stopped happening as we are all pretty familiar with the game by now.

Im sorry but what you said is just complete rubbish.

Fortunately I do not need to convince you. Unless DayZ standalone will be without these factions.

lol thats not even me :lol:

Well, start answering to our post then, and why specifically our ideas don't work. Don't say the same stuff you said over the last five pages. Tell me why Increasing the hearing / aggro range of Zombies for gunshots is a bad idea. Come on, tell me.

You asked for a solution to dealing with KOS. I think, if one wants to avoid the KOS mentality, the only real answer is to leave the game behind. Hell the KOS mentality is embedded within this community. Just look at the way it responds to negative criticism. BURN THE WITCH!!!! 

No, leaving the game does not solve the KoS mentality. That's like decapitating someone in order to get rid of head lice. 

• Like 4