timedance

crafting in patch 1.8

If I open the crafting menu, put an empty whiskey bottle, rags, and a jerry can in the grid, and don't get molotovs, then I'm never crafting again until the SA.

• Like 1

If I open the crafting menu, put an empty whiskey bottle, rags, and a jerry can in the grid, and don't get molotovs, then I'm never crafting again until the SA.

...so you wanted a craft system to be able to only make molotovs?  :|    No offense meant but that's kinda like saying you don't want to play until SA because there's that weapon you wanna use but it's not there.  I'd love to see moddable crossbow ammo but that's not making me feel like waiting until SA *teehee* sorry just wanted to tease you a bit.

All of the recipes shown in the journal seem the ones added as of the moment. In the code there are unfinished things such as crafting attachments (YAY), bombs, etc.

My suggestion to the developers: Adapt all those Minecraft crafting recipes. I think they work quite well. Owning some machete of knockback would make my day. :D

I have materials for for crafting. I set all needed items in list click Craft and nothing happends..Any ideas?

The comfrey grows randomly in open fields, which can be spotted from a distance with binoculars and scopes.

It stands out as a leafy object on the smooth ground. Upon approach it will blend into the ground textures. When

you pinpoint it, a message will pop up, "gather comfrey". Seems there is a bug though because when you attempt

to gather it, you'll get booted from the server; public variable error or something. Guess it's a protected plant.

Edited by okiimatsu
  • Like 1

I have materials for for crafting. I set all needed items in list click Craft and nothing happends..Any ideas?

There seems to be some bugged items that can't be created. I was excited when I got the materials for a trip wire trap (grenades) and found you can't make it.

For those who want to know what comfrey leaves look like, looks literally like this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfrey

but without the added detail and tiny flowers blossoming. Just the green leaves.

They grow in the open, I found some travelling in the open field between Stary/Kabanino and the northwest airfield. Unfortunately the item is bugged and cannot be picked up, you get kicked for a restriction when harvesting them.

• Like 1

I've assigned use action 20 to various different keys now including insert and it seems to not do anything, i even try restarting the engine and still nothing happens...am i  missing something here? do i need to find a item first?

The comfrey grows randomly in open fields, which can be spotted from a distance with binoculars and scopes.

It stands out as a leafy object on the smooth ground. Upon approach it will blend into the ground textures. When

you pinpoint it, a message will pop up, "gather comfrey".

I think I maybe seen 2 of them the other night.  I had been wondering where I could find them and what they looked like.  I spotted them from afar where the grass wasn't rendering.  When I got to them, I wasnt able to find any way to pick them, so I figured maybe they weren't comfrey leaves.  I'll have to keep looking.

When you craft a bandage, is it just like one of those green packaged bandages?  Finding 2 rags, gauze, and string seems like a whole lot of work when the standard bandages are pretty plentiful, no?

When ever I click the craft button, the menu flashes up and disappears... Any ideas anyone?

That's all i get as well.

I've assigned use action 20 to various different keys now including insert and it seems to not do anything, i even try restarting the engine and still nothing happens...am i  missing something here? do i need to find a item first?

No.  Since it also opens the journal, you should be able to use it without any crafting materials in your inventory.  For what it's worth, I set mine to "end".

There seems to be some bugged items that can't be created. I was excited when I got the materials for a trip wire trap (grenades) and found you can't make it.

For those who want to know what comfrey leaves look like, looks literally like this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfrey

but without the added detail and tiny flowers blossoming. Just the green leaves.

They grow in the open, I found some travelling in the open field between Stary/Kabanino and the northwest airfield. Unfortunately the item is bugged and cannot be picked up, you get kicked for a restriction when harvesting them.

Comfrey_Leaves.png

I have not tried to craft the "bandage" but it seems kind of silly to have to have to find 2 gauze, string, and a rag to make a simple bandage when they still spawn all over the place. 

Edited by klesh

For some reason my crafting window works now..keep finding heaps of electronic scrap, rags, duct tape and wipes but no string or leaves. Decided not to waste my time picking up the new items and just resorted to my normal loot until either SA or the next patch sorts a lot more :) 

The only things I have crafted were the 2 types of baseball bats, nailed and barbed wire.  I found them both underwhelming and not as effective as the hatchet so I dropped them.

Found what I think were the comfrey leaves, but didn't get any options to collect them.

i fount the solution:

it isnt set up by default.
go to your controls in options..
change the drop down to custom controls.
select use action #20 and set up a key for it.
I use the insert button 

LOL I use the Insert button too

The only thing I've been able to find the right components for so far is the barbed bat. 1 baseball bat, 1 nails, 1 wire fencing kit. I had all three in my inventory and opened the crafting journal. I couldn't add them to my crafting ingredients. I figured out that I needed to put them on the ground in a pile, so I did that. I could then add them to the crafting ingredients in the little grid etc. But when I clicked on start crafting, a white text message showed up on screen (in the same manner as "you ate can (unknown)" etc.) saying "you are missing a required component 1 baseball bat" or something to that effect (going from memory here). So I couldn't actually craft it, despite having all the ingredients. Seems like a real fucking hassle when all you need to do is find a hatchet to one shot kill zombies anyway.

As a few others have mentioned, crafting seems pretty superfluous when the ingredients to craft the end product are less common than the final project.

Crafting would make sense if bandages were as rare as bloodbags or main rotor assemblies. At the moment it's just busy work.

After a brief moment of curiosity on finding new items  I just treat crafting loot as trash.