mick17

Vehicle Suggestion.

I think it's a good idea, and realistic as well, especially with farmers.

I'm with you on this one bro!

Get your little fairy ass outta here you Prius owning Summa' Bitch! lol

@OP, I agree. We need a variety of vehicles in standalone. ATVs included. My personal favorite post apocalyptic vehicle would be a John Deere Gator Utility vehicle with light steel plating and razor wire.

I was joking. Geezaus... XD

Wuell, I want some small and big trucks added. Driving dat shit would be amazing. And... maybe a glider? There could be like ultra rare old car from 1940-1950's? Also chariots (after adding horses).

Oh and a...erm...manually operated rail vehicle (no idea what its called).

I'm definitely in favor of plenty of new vehicles. (Not lamborghinis or anything but a realistic variety) Maybe this could be made the official vehicle wishlist thread?

I never knew DayZ was an environmentally friendly mod.

Can't we seek environmentally-friendly alternatives to zombie survival? :(

I never knew DayZ was an environmentally friendly mod.

You're fighting for your survival, and you're part of the environment. Thusly, you're being friendly to yourself, argo the environment.

Is everyone outside of the U.S. and a few European countries poor? Maybe the Special Operations Forces brought them in when they came to contain the situation.

I don't think that there would be Special Operations Forces who contain anything. ^^

I don't think that there would be Special Operations Forces who contain anything. ^^

By contain I mean kill all the zombies.

I'm definitely in favor of plenty of new vehicles. (Not lamborghinis or anything but a realistic variety) Maybe this could be made the official vehicle wishlist thread?

A Lamborghini wouldn't be unrealistic but completely out of place imo like certain things players want to find in Chernarus.

Why do we need environmentally friendly vehicles? The worlds pollution rates would have come to a standstill, plus gas powered vehicles are usually better than their tree hugger counterpart.

Yeah but oil kinda has to be pumped out of the ground and refined you know? It doesn't magically comes out of the pump. Also... chernarus isn't an oil producing country i believe.

Gasogenes?

Edited by Lady Kyrah

A Lamborghini wouldn't be unrealistic but completely out of place imo like certain things players want to find in Chernarus.

Thats what I meant, vehicles that belong.

More vehicle types that fit the game, yes! But also, have them spawn in places that make sense. House driveway.. parking lot of a grocery store.. side of the road in some cases etc..

bus parked at bus stop.

Did some searching. Got some cars for ya. Sorry if they have been mentioned somewhere before. These are not meant to be the most exciting vehicles in the game, just what I think would be found in general in this part of the world.

Russian:

Moskvitch 2141 Aleko (mid-size car)

GAZ Volga (somewhat fancy mid-size car)

GAZ-53 (truck)

KAMAZ 1st generation (truck)

ZIL-130 (dump truck)

Ukraine:

ZAZ (several cars)

LAZ-695 (bus)

my 2 cents

More vehicle types that fit the game, yes! But also, have them spawn in places that make sense. House driveway.. parking lot of a grocery store.. side of the road in some cases etc..

bus parked at bus stop.

Did some searching. Got some cars for ya. Sorry if they have been mentioned somewhere before. These are not meant to be the most exciting vehicles in the game, just what I think would be found in general in this part of the world.

Russian:

Moskvitch 2141 Aleko (mid-size car)

GAZ Volga (somewhat fancy mid-size car)

GAZ-53 (truck)

KAMAZ 1st generation (truck)

ZIL-130 (dump truck)

Ukraine:

ZAZ (several cars)

LAZ-695 (bus)

my 2 cents

Yes, very good example of authentic vehicles! The more variety the better. More parta to mad max style slap together on other vehicles.

I just hope they don't add the SUV in standalone. It feels WAY too out of place in an apocalyptic world. And hopefully most of these cars are sun-baked and/or rusted since dayz is rumored to take place 1 year after the infection.

And honestly, I'll be slightly disappointed if these 2 are not put in.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRYtwbjyEhUUgiThHd21r5eqYnE-fvA7Ah9dfNX5jnLSuuGeb-

http://www.memphisequipment.com/files/trucks/m809.jpg

I know you might say "But thats american hur dur" yet we all know America likes to stick it's nose in other's conficts. So, I'd bet money in a DayZ situation, you'd see american hardware.

I just hope they don't add the SUV in standalone. It feels WAY too out of place in an apocalyptic world. And hopefully most of these cars are sun-baked and/or rusted since dayz is rumored to take place 1 year after the infection.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRYtwbjyEhUUgiThHd21r5eqYnE-fvA7Ah9dfNX5jnLSuuGeb-

I know you might say "But thats american hur dur" yet we all know America likes to stick it's nose in other's conficts. So, I'd bet money in a DayZ situation, you'd see american hardware.

Yeah those would be sweet!

Yeah I would not want to see that pristine SUV, or the hello kitty car lol

In regards to those two american military vehicles. There are plenty of Russian military vehicles which would be found in the area. Such as:

UAZ-469

Ural-4320

I believe both are already in the game no?

So, I'd bet money in a DayZ situation, you'd see american hardware.

Perhaps some... but Willys jeeps? It's not 1944 anymore. As for the M939 trucks the Army and Marines are phasing them out in favor of the FMTVs and MTVRs which I assume they would send as first choices in the world's first and only "zombie" crisis...

I don't know about that...it's way too old to still be in a working condition, spare parts might also be a problem since they are pretty old and not that common to Chernarus. Old russian stuff might still be there. The original Chernarus vehicles are imo the most appropriate vehicles for this region, a SUV or some kind of luxury car might not be out of place but not that common either, kind of like utility before luxury or how you want to call it. Players have to keep in mind that this is supposed to be somewhere in the most remote regions of the "Soviet Union", one of the second most unimportant places you can find. The most unimportant places would have donkey carts as the most modern transportations available.

I reckon a car that uses less fuel than a normal car would be a great addition, like those mitsubishi icar things, I'd love to be able to go on long trips without having to take spare jerry cans with me!

I reckon a car that uses less fuel than a normal car would be a great addition, like those mitsubishi icar things, I'd love to be able to go on long trips without having to take spare jerry cans with me!

Not sure about those since they started being produced in 2006. The game roughly takes place in the 80s no?

Edited by Cormyr

Not sure about those since they started being produced in 2006. The game roughly takes place in the 80s no?

ARMA 2's single-player campaign takes place in late 2009, in the province of South Zagoria in the northeastern region of the fictional post-Soviet state of Chernarus, as well as the remote Chernarussian island of Útes.

Says Wiki.

But that doesn't mean that they have state of the art of everything over there. The current ArmA 2 ( not OA ) vehicles match the setting very well. Imo there should be more of that kind.

I wouldn't see why the jeeps and other older 7 tons wouldn't be over there as you can buy them from the military when they are done. Those 7 tons would make great work horses. As well as the jeepas small quick transportation. I don't find it out of place.

Perhaps some... but Willys jeeps? It's not 1944 anymore. As for the M939 trucks the Army and Marines are phasing them out in favor of the FMTVs and MTVRs which I assume they would send as first choices in the world's first and only "zombie" crisis...

I still think they should add Willys Jeeps in the same light as the UAZ-469. That UAZ model was in 1973. And don't forget, like the UAZ, the Willys Jeep has many different models that range from first model to the most modern version. And I'd highly disagree with placing DayZ in the 80's. If that were the case, you'd have to get rid of the SUV, Offroad Pickup, Little Bird, etc. And taking the Weapon Wishlist into consideration, you'd have to knock off about half of the items listed on it. You kinda get the idea.

Is DayZ SA supposed to be modern times? If so, I have been wasting my time finding vehicles in certain productions times lol 

Is DayZ SA supposed to be modern times? If so, I have been wasting my time finding vehicles in certain productions times lol

I'm thinking yes, due to the M4 and the attachments available for it. (MagPul)